Trade Week: Rumour File

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would we give up Lids for NDS and Lucas? NDS will be 28(?) next year? No disrespect to NDS, he's a gun but he's too old but I'd rather have Lids in his prime than to trade him off, unless it was for something ridiculous like O'meara + pick 5 + first round compo.

tiger_bait_button-p145384314414344247t5sj_400.jpg

Adelaide media (Channel 10) reported that the Crows may be into negotiating a deal for Scott Lycett from West Coast.

Tippett to Brisbane

Clark to West Coast

Lycett to Adelaide

and a bunch of picks changing hands?

Haha all three blokes are nearly the same player but everyone goes home!!

That is the dumbest thing the Crows could do, the clause to be traded to GC next year for a second and third rounder will mean they'll get screwed over next year.

Ebert, Stevens and Lycett aren't in your best 22 though ATM are they?

If we have injuries then they would be. We had a dream run this year with injuries, im waiting for the opposite next season :mad:

Ebert played 22 out of 25 games. Stevens was an emergency basically every week. Lycett is less of a chance, but would be put in if Cox or Nic Nat went down (Lynch can only do so much rucking)

Its all IF's and BUT's at this stage

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is the dumbest thing the Crows could do, the clause to be traded to GC next year for a second and third rounder will mean they'll get screwed over next year.

For one it has not been confirmed that the clause actually exists and secondly, they are obviously confident of keeping him. New coach may have already gained some sort of commitment. He's on good money, gets on well with his team mates, gets some good extra income from ads etc so maybe all it takes is to get the confidence from someone like Sando.

For one it has not been confirmed that the clause actually exists and secondly, they are obviously confident of keeping him. New coach may have already gained some sort of commitment. He's on good money, gets on well with his team mates, gets some good extra income from ads etc so maybe all it takes is to get the confidence from someone like Sando.

They might not have been able to say anything about the clause because of something to do with privacy in the contract.

They might not have been able to say anything about the clause because of something to do with privacy in the contract.
It's either true, and someone has broken the privacy clause OR it's false, and there was never anything to talk about anyway... yet we all know about it, and are talking about it (including mainstream media, who sadly seem to scour BF for half their stories!)

Would be fair to say Adelaide would be the loser in this trade!

Why would Adelaide lose WCE would be the loser.

Personally think Lycett will be better than both Tippett or Clark.

The kid has just had a exceptional season developing in the WAFL, showed lots of class and is one of the best contested marks I have seen in a while.

He moves great and is learning behind Dean Cox, he is going to be a star.

I think we should just STFU this rumour and just keep Lycett.

Why would Adelaide lose WCE would be the loser.

Personally think Lycett will be better than both Tippett or Clark.

The kid has just had a exceptional season developing in the WAFL, showed lots of class and is one of the best contested marks I have seen in a while.

He moves great and is learning behind Dean Cox, he is going to be a star.

I think we should just STFU this rumour and just keep Lycett.

Adelaide would absolutely lose out in this trade. Key forwards who can take contested marks like Tippett can are rare. I think people have forgotten actually how good he is, yes he has had a poor last two years, but his form in late '09 was second to none. Even in 2010 he still kicked 40 odd goals. A fit and in form Tippett is a force to be reckoned with in the AFL. Lycett, I have no doubt has great potential but at the moment that is all he has. Why would Adelaide give up Tippett for someone who may or may not live up to the hype.

^^
Your contradicting yourself by saying lycett is all hype and potential when Tippett has done nothing for 2 years but yet you are reminding us all what he can do

^^
Your contradicting yourself by saying lycett is all hype and potential when Tippett has done nothing for 2 years but yet you are reminding us all what he can do

But the difference is Tippett has done it, he has proven himself at the level. Huge risk trading him for a young lad who at this stage has not played one AFL game.

Adelaide would absolutely lose out in this trade. Key forwards who can take contested marks like Tippett can are rare. I think people have forgotten actually how good he is, yes he has had a poor last two years, but his form in late '09 was second to none. Even in 2010 he still kicked 40 odd goals. A fit and in form Tippett is a force to be reckoned with in the AFL. Lycett, I have no doubt has great potential but at the moment that is all he has. Why would Adelaide give up Tippett for someone who may or may not live up to the hype.

Well I hope Adelaide are thinking like you are.

As for Lycett having watched alot of him this year, I have to say unlike Tippett he is a natural footballer, great footy smarts, just as good contested mark as Tippett and quicker of the mark.

So yes its only potential so far with him behind Cox Nic Nat and Lynchy for a foward role, but his potential is huge.

I think he will end up a better footballer.

Well I hope Adelaide are thinking like you are.

As for Lycett having watched alot of him this year, I have to say unlike Tippett he is a natural footballer, great footy smarts, just as good contested mark as Tippett and quicker of the mark.

So yes its only potential so far with him behind Cox Nic Nat and Lynchy for a foward role, but his potential is huge.

I think he will end up a better footballer.

Like I said I have no doubt that Lycett is a very good footballer. But for Adelaide to trade away Tippett for him I just think it may be a bit risky. I do think we need to trade Tippett this year however for a more established player perhaps, particularly of this clause does exist. If I were Adelaide I would be pushing very hard to get Jack Redden home for him and send Tippett back to QLD.

Like I said I have no doubt that Lycett is a very good footballer. But for Adelaide to trade away Tippett for him I just think it may be a bit risky. I do think we need to trade Tippett this year however for a more established player perhaps, particularly of this clause does exist. If I were Adelaide I would be pushing very hard to get Jack Redden home for him and send Tippett back to QLD.

Thing is, there's no way in hell that would happen. Brisbane would have 4 untouchables on their list who they are going to build their future side around: Redden, Rockliff, Rich and Leuenberger. You don't trade away your best players unless they want to leave, ala Clark.

Tippett will most likely go to Brisbane as part of a 3-way deal with Clark going to one of the western teams. Just depends what Freo/ WC can cough up to Adelaide. Most likely be a 1st round pick + something.

Thing is, there's no way in hell that would happen. Brisbane would have 4 untouchables on their list who they are going to build their future side around: Redden, Rockliff, Rich and Leuenberger. You don't trade away your best players unless they want to leave, ala Clark.

Tippett will most likely go to Brisbane as part of a 3-way deal with Clark going to one of the western teams. Just depends what Freo/ WC can cough up to Adelaide. Most likely be a 1st round pick + something.

I just think that if there is to be a three way deal going ahead between ADL, BRIS and WC there has to be something more in it for Adelaide. Brisbane would be getting a gun key forward, West Coast gets someone who was on the verge of All Australian selection a couple of years ago and Adelaide receives a young bloke who is yet to play an AFL game. It doesn't take a genius to work out who gets short changed in this deal, yes it is possible that Lycett turns out to be an exceptional player and it is a great deal for the Crows, but it is risky. Atleast the other two clubs know what they are going to get.

Tippett has shown he can seriously play, so the bloke has shown
everything youd want to see in a future ruckman - even forward.

Lycett hasnt got the runs on the board, obviously because he is only
new in the system and hasnt been given games - which is fair enough.
But because of this, he hasnt been able to show his worth, so therefore
his worth is below Tippetts and Clarks - both of who have shown AA form
in the past.

Brissy wouldnt complain gaining Tippett for Clark is round abouts even,
depending on who you ask, but basically its a fair deal for mine.

WC losing Lycett and gaining Clark is a gun deal for WC.
Theyd definately have to throw something in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back