Trades/Delistings/Recruitment Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
where'd you hear that? :p

Trade Week Radio streaming off the AFL website.

yes it is a rumour. as i said Hawks and Richmond are keen and they believe richmond are the more likely team to throw that much money.

makes more sense as we are paying close to minimum of salary cap.

so, what would you give up for Gillies?

yes it is a rumour. as i said Hawks and Richmond are keen and they believe richmond are the more likely team to throw that much money.

They got that info from this thread (see previous page) - and it's a fact that Richmond are offering more money than Hawthorn.

Not at all, Thursfield is out of contract IIRC so it would be a straight replacement of him with Gillies and with McGuane reportedly entering his last year and wanting out it could just be that we're getting in a year early to get replacements. Finally lets not forget the rumours that Moore is effectively cooked as well and could be pulling the pin if he can't get going again.

Like I said I would love Gillies, defense is a weakness that I feel will quickly become a strength with Rance, Newman, Morris, Grimes, Dea, Houli, Batch and guys like conca, lids (would rather him forward) and Helbig most likely rotating through there. And I think Gillies would make FB or CHB his own very quickly. But for mine it leaves Post and Astbury out in the cold a bit. Both who I think have shown enough to suggest they could be good players.

That's not to say they couldn't go Forward, but I know that Griff is highly regarded down at the club and Vicks is probably a better forward than ruck. But possibly they've cut their loses a bit on Rucks and will push Vicks to be number 1. Have Post and Astbury fight for that spot in the forward line.

The problem we have is midfield. Cotch and dusty are first class. Lids needs to go in there and hopefully conca comes on. But you look at GWS and GC's future midfields and they are very very scary prospects in 4-5 years.

C4 posted it on the previous page. Hutchy read it off that :D
Probably cost us our compo pick.

I think one of those players going to Saints was Ahmed Saad?

Yep. Saints done well there. Even draft if we think the same player would be available to us we would be mad not to try.

They got that info from this thread (see previous page) - and it's a fact that Richmond are offering more money than Hawthorn.

Maybe we can afford to offer more because we are confident we can offload McGuane? Would free up some money etc.

What pick will we have to give up though? If we give our second round pick to Adelaide for Maric I doubt Geelong will let Gillies go for third rounder which only leaves our Compo pick (Which CC said emphatically will not be traded) First rounder in which I think is paying overs?

Unless of course he is out of contract and expect him to fall through to us in the PSD?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What pick will we have to give up though? If we give our second round pick to Adelaide for Maric I doubt Geelong will let Gillies go for third rounder which only leaves our Compo pick (Which CC said emphatically will not be traded) First rounder in which I think is paying overs?

Unless of course he is out of contract and expect him to fall through to us in the PSD?
CC said compo pick wouldn't go for Maric. Never said it won't be traded.

Hawks the only club he is interested in.

A case of us not being in the right place on the ladder.

Did Hutchy really use to post on here?

Although it would be nice to get Gillies i believe he will stay at the cats with Milburn ,ling & Mooney gone wojak and possibly scarlett going next year Geelong will make a counter offer possibly 50k less and gillies will stay.

Hard to move a player from a good team that can see game time for 50-60k pre tax.

But good to see tigers being aggresive

His manager just said if he moved he would only be going to Hawthorn. Which seems likely

So probably count him out

tom gillies radio Trade week radio

-> figure not correct ($300 000)
-> loves geelong
-> is frusterated at lack of opportunities
-> currently overseas
-> starved of opportunities
-> opportunity comes where a trade comes along, may be best case scenario because he will get more opportunity
-> he knows he can get more opportunity elsewhere.
-> been labelled that 'gorilla' most clubs want and need
-> can easily step into a KP role and perform
-> Geelong adament opportunities are going to come
-> need to choose between a trade happening or staying
-> ANOTHER CLUB could be the best thing!
-> if he could get to another club he would look in it
-> Hawthorn is interested (were named) could be preferred option
-> Hutchy claims cats should reject hawks approach as they are direct rivals and both competing for premiership.

i am hoping we provide an option that geelong cannot refuse, as well as an offer to gillies he cant refuse :S

If the Crows are keen on getting a player for Maric, then I would be offering 37 to the Cats for Gillies. Hawks cannot beat that given they have traded out of the first 2 rounds.

If we can land Gillies and Maric, there it is, Ruck and KPD as requested. I reckon front end load and price Hawks out. Would be very happy if this occured. I love this premiership in contention crap. Do players realise it's a one in eighteen chance next season. FMD.

If the Crows are keen on getting a player for Maric, then I would be offering 37 to the Cats for Gillies. Hawks cannot beat that given they have traded out of the first 2 rounds.

Given Gillies is contracted and Geelong want to keep him this would require him wanting out and to wanting to come to Richmond. Sounds like he prefers Hawthorn and I struggle to see them doing a deal given they don't have much in the way of picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back