Traditional teams or Franchises for AFLX going forward?

New Franchises or existing teams?

• New Franchises

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Existing AFL teams

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
As AFLX goes into the 2020s, would you prefer AFLX competitions using traditional AFL teams, or would you prefer the new franchises?

I'm a fan of the franchise format, it's more colourful, allows greater player movement, and there is more talent in each team.

If they must persist with it each year should be something different.
2020- WA -v- Vic -v- SA -v- Allies.
2021- Country -v- Metro -v- Indigenous all stars -v- Internationals (as it stands now this team wuld just be the Irish lads plus Mason Cox)
2022- Under 22 All stars -v- Brownlow and Norm Smith medalists -v- Club captains
etc.

If we are to persist with experimentation it doesn't make sense to have teams at all. Just put about 22 guys out there all acting as free agents, acting out whatever urges and grudges they hold. If alliances and groupings emerge between players then so be it. But it should be natural, not forced.

As AFLX goes into the 2020s, would you prefer AFLX competitions using traditional AFL teams, or would you prefer the new franchises?

I'm a fan of the franchise format, it's more colourful, allows greater player movement, and there is more talent in each team.

If this abomination called AFLX has to keep going then have it form up by other franchises absolutely.

Make sure they have nothing what so ever to do with real Australian Rules Football.

This rubbish will end up a on a court of say four basketball court sized green grass patch's, short passing, no touching with 9 players.

Calling fouls will take the place of calling frees, and you will have to guard not tackle.

I have a palpable hatred for AFLX.

I don't want it anywhere near or connected to AFL which itself is starting to become something different, with umpiring strictly to new rules, changing the game and stopping the contest!

I thought this years AFLX was much better than last years. So I'm mostly happy with the format except I'd probably do away with the indigenous team (silly both in the draft and in making it so the other 3 players couldn't take any indigenous players themselves) and just have 4 teams with all players available that put their hand up for the games.

Back