Moved Thread Himmelberg or McKay for $700k

Who would you more likely pay $700k for?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Despite his kicking issues I think Harry McKay would command more than Elliot on the trade market.

Ben at a guess as Harry is on a 7 year 7 million deal, is he not?

yep - harry resigned with Carlton long term in 2022.

and ben is worth nowhere near 700k unless its on a HEAVILY KPI based contract.

Last edited:
Himmelberg, simply on the basis he seems more durable. I don’t think anyone questions the best of Ben Mackay’s performances but he seems to be injured too much to rely on as a key member of a team.

It also depends on what you need in a player. Injury history aside, Mackay is the one to stump up for if you need a key defender to play on the better key forwards. If you want more of a flexible, versatile player who you don’t need to play on key forwards, Himmelberg.

I'd prefer not to pay either of those two that amount of money but if I had to I would choose himmelberg. Himmelberg is quite competent at either end, McKay played forward against the cats, and it was one of the worst performances I have ever seen in my life

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Himmelberg can actually kick the ball. And not just better than Ben McKay. He can kick it better than his brother, too.

just clarifying, one of the leading intercept players in the competition Ben McKay? the one who will be payed slightly above average with new CBA increases?
Slightly above average lol

But yes magoo the dumbest bloke in the afl

Keep it simple for him cos he’s not the sharpest tool in the shed

Also make sure he never kicks

He’s paid to stand on and compete against the big blokes. Not to kick the footy
Actually think BMac will be a pretty smart investment for you. He’s not a great kick, generally takes the short option. He’s had a couple of diabolical howlers this past 12 months, but I actually don’t remember him being a shocking kick prior to this year.
His intercepting marks are pretty mind blowing actually. He’s very good in the air.
BMac appeared to struggle this year with a different kind of defensive set up, looked pretty lost at times. This resulted in him losing a fair bit of confidence and he became the shadow of the player we thought he was gunna be. Didn’t help that the ball was down his end a fair bit more than it needs to be as well.

Back