Movie Transformers: The Last Knight (2017) - Directed by Michael Bay. Release day June 22!

Remove this Banner Ad

The marketing of Age of Extinction was primarily aimed at the Chinese market. It was a phenomenal success there and provided a large portion of its $1b+ box office gross.

The way it was also promoted, with the image of Optimus riding Grimlock's back, was also another master stroke.

Even though I knew it would be shit, the mere presence of the Dinobots, and my favorite transformer in Grimlock, meant that there was no possible way I'm not going to see this film.

And it was an absolute ******* **** tease, they were in it for 5 minutes with **** all background/development (even by Bay film standards, it was ******* ridiculous). But I know it's going to happen all over again in Transformers 5, it will be shit but absolutely I will see it.

it is such a smart move to target China and its inhabitants. i mean its a massive market. last night i was wandering through the shopping centre of shenzhen railway station and there are kids clothing booths everywhere. at the moment its all about superheroes and frozen. $$$$$

i didnt know there were chinese celebs involved in the movie. had to google them just now (using VPN of course). i dont think many or any on bigfooty knew either at time of viewing. but here, yeah certainly.

also yesterday was going through the new territories en route to the border. the damage done to HK during the movie by both sides has all been repaired!

Anecdotally it seems the less blockbusters rely on the American market the dumber they get.

I get the feeling the movies are huge in Asia
Yeah, a bit like Warcraft.

I dare say we'll see more and more of these types of movies; all aesthetics and absolutely no substance.

The Chinese market demands it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like sh1t

Sometimes I like to switch my brain off and watch crazy action sequences with heaps of explosions.

And thats why I have the Transformers on Bluray.

I like crazy action sequences as much as the next guy, trouble with Transformers is you can never tell what the fook is going on. Robot designs are way too busy, can't tell who is who, scenes are always shaky-cam bullsh1t. Probably done that way on purpose to save on CG budget.

Looks like sh1t

I like crazy action sequences as much as the next guy, trouble with Transformers is you can never tell what the fook is going on. Robot designs are way too busy, can't tell who is who, scenes are always shaky-cam bullsh1t. Probably done that way on purpose to save on CG budget.
I've never had that problem

Remove this Banner Ad

Back