Travis Boak - What is your Bid?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id love for Port people to come up with some trades that they would accept and are do-able.
Do you want players or picks? Experienced or youth.........
I wish Geelong could get their hands on a top 10 pick so we could come up with a trade that's do-able.

Id love for Port people to come up with some trades that they would accept and are do-able.
Do you want players or picks? Experienced or youth.........

Port fans are after a feeling of liberation, like they have won the battle. Its been a while since they have felt these emotions. I suspect they will expect a whole lot more than what will end up happening.

Only one man's opinion, but according to Warwick Green's article in the HUN yesterday Boak is a "B grade player". Not sure if that's his own assessment, or that of Paul Roos... either way, if a B grade player requests a trade to their club of choice, not sure the Cats should need to go chasing a top 10 pick to make the deal happen. With all due respect, you should be able to pick up another B grade type replacement with the Cats compo pick.

Only one man's opinion, but according to Warwick Green's article in the HUN yesterday Boak is a "B grade player". Not sure if that's his own assessment, or that of Paul Roos... either way, if a B grade player requests a trade to their club of choice, not sure the Cats should need to go chasing a top 10 pick to make the deal happen. With all due respect, you should be able to pick up another B grade type replacement with the Cats compo pick.

Poor Warwick Green, thats a piss poor effort..... He's an A grade player, more on the A - side though. He's Ports best player, he's the number 1 tagged at there club. About 4 or 5 Melbourne clubs have shown interest in him, thats quite a few for a B gradre player, but he has narrowed it down to two. He's worth a pick around 10

Only one man's opinion, but according to gopower's post on Bigfooty today Warwick Green is a "D grade journalist".
Haha... well, he does work for the HUN, so, good call!

If it was actually Roos' opinion then I may give it some weight, although he seems to have his "favourites".

Port supporters:

Pick 4 and 13 for Boak and pick 7?

If you want an experienced player instead we'd be happy to offer up Bate or Petterd; but I think you need to build through the draft.

Port supporters:

Pick 4 and 13 for Boak and pick 7?

If you want an experienced player instead we'd be happy to offer up Bate or Petterd; but I think you need to build through the draft.
This is one that i like, also wouldn't mind if we swapped fringe players that would both individually benefit from the trade.

If Western Buldogs finish above us though its

Pick 4 and 13 for Boak and 5

In that case i think you would need to throw something else in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is one that i like, also wouldn't mind if we swapped fringe players that would both individually benefit from the trade.

If Western Buldogs finish above us though its

Pick 4 and 13 for Boak and 5

In that case i think you would need to throw something else in.

Im not surprised you like this "one". Demons have the picks to outbid anybody. Just watch you dont get too greedy. Its obvious the genius that managed to get 2 picks for Scully last year is going to weld their real value this year. Just depend if Port are smart enough to see it & take advantage of it. Greed is a double edged sword - you win some you lose some.

Here's a list of players who I've seen at least one Geelong supporter say they wouldn't trade for a 23 year old homegrown pick 5 reigning B&F winner and former top 10 Brownlow finisher:

Allen Christensen: Well, Christensen's proven and a premiership player. Overrating your own a bit, but OK.
Steven Motlop: Lol, he's had one half-decent season. Varcoe will be back next year to play the same role better.
Cameron Guthrie: You wouldn't trade a solid small defender who's played 18 games for a B&F winner and top 10 Brownlow finisher?
George Horlin-Smith: LOL. He's played 3 ****ing games.

Here's a list of players who I've seen at least one Geelong supporter say they wouldn't trade for a 23 year old homegrown pick 5 reigning B&F winner and former top 10 Brownlow finisher:

Allen Christensen: Well, Christensen's proven and a premiership player. Overrating your own a bit, but OK.
Steven Motlop: Lol, he's had one half-decent season. Varcoe will be back next year to play the same role better.
Cameron Guthrie: You wouldn't trade a solid small defender who's played 18 games for a B&F winner and top 10 Brownlow finisher?
George Horlin-Smith: LOL. He's played 3 ******* games.

We like our players at Geelong and rate em all highly. Scary prospect letting a young bloke go who could end up being as good as Boak in the long term. Not saying they all will be that good, obviously Boak is a great player. But I think us Cats folk have a fair bit of faith in the guys Wells brings to the club, regardless of draft number.

George Horlin-Smith: LOL. He's played 3 ******* games.

Christensen is far better than the other three you listed so it's a poor comparison.

The last three would be appropriate to consider in a trade for Boak, Christensen wouldn't be.

In any case it doesn't matter, my post wasn't that Christensen for Boak wouldn't be a fair trade, it's just that it's never going to happen-clubs don't readily trade young players of that calibre and potential unless they want to leave. How often do you see scenarios where two clubs swap very good young players that they rate extremely highly? (unless both want to leave their respective). It very rarely happens. Which is why it's a moot point whether it's fair or not.

Yeah but there is one major flaw to this "good, sensible suggestion" - Travis Boak.

What... you think it's sensible to trade picks 4 and 13 for pick 7?!?!

You crazy brah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back