TUF 13: Lesnar vs JDS

Remove this Banner Ad

I really enjoyed that fight because Cope was the underdog who got up. I actually thought he listened really well to Brock during the fight even though afterwards they said he could've listened better.

Liked the guy who stood up after the loss saying it wasnt ok even though JDS was trying to act all cool and not worry. You can tell he wants it pretty bad so he could be around for a while.

That was an assistant coach and it looks like next week he pushes the team too far in training which results in an injury so JDS takes him aside and puts him in his place.

Pretty awful fight. It's pathetic that a fighter with his back against the cage is somehow "losing" and pressured to get off it. Now we're seeing more of these greco-under/over pummling for position wall and stall bullshit to determine who's 'winning'. Ridiculous. Just focus on who's actually DAMAGING who, and then this arbitrary positional bullshit wouldn't really matter (as it shouldn't), and it would go away. Frustrating that fights are tacitly encouraged to go this way. What's next, whoever's is more towards the centre of the cage is "winning"? Give me a break.

Regardless, a good win for Brock, seems his man's cardio helped and intent to grind the fight to the wall got him over the line even though he didn't land anything effective in the entire fight.

Weak we had ANOTHER guy miss his family and want out. Christ you'd have thought fighters would know what they are getting in to by now.

Brock even felt the need to clarify what he meant. Worst catchphrase ever. Spoilers >>

Would of liked the fight to go 3, but thought McGillivary deserved the win. Lem got very sluggish by the end of the second, I think we were looking at a KO round 3

Seriously underwhelming series so far. Spoilers >> Ramsey owned Charlie, but mostly it was because he wanted to fight and be there. He didn't even fight the choke. I am kind of wondering whether the lack of chemistry between Brock and his team is playing a major role in their performance. They don't seem to like him

Give us a season of Team Bisping vs Team Sonnen, even if the fights are crap it'll still be a good show! :D:thumbsu:

I would love that! I love Sonnen... Bring on the hate :p

Interesting to see what happens next week, now that the winner cant advance anyway. That was a pretty bad break, but it was only a finger! He could have stayed on if it wasn't in the US with their legal system.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm really not a fan of Junior right now, he kicked the black coach out for what, for talking to them?

Looked to me like he has his own adequacy problems due to his trouble communicating to his guys and he took it out on the coach. I reckon it's deeper than language problems he just isn't a people person. Black dude was right "I reckon it's bullshit".

Junior got sick of Lew (the black dude) acting like he was the head coach. The guy was just the wrestling coach but he's been getting carried away by teaching boxing, bjj, socializing with the fighters and speaking out of turn.

I've found Junior and Brock very likeable and both good coaches. I like how Brock's hard on his fighters but realistic and fair. He was correct in telling Dana that Len would use his knee injury as a way of talking himself out of the fight. I can't wait to see Brock's reaction when Len has a go at him next week. Hopefully Brock hits him with a few home truths.

Finally a couple of good fights! Have to feel sorry for Randy Couture Jr, but did anyone catch what the suspension was for? He didn't seem too injured at first glance...
That upkick KO was very, very cool though. :D

Finally a couple of good fights! Have to feel sorry for Randy Couture Jr, but did anyone catch what the suspension was for? He didn't seem too injured at first glance...
That upkick KO was very, very cool though. :D

I think, but i dont know for 100%, that most athletic commissions forbid a fighter fighting within 90 days of being declared knocked out.

That is the only logical reason I can think of, he did nothing illegal during the fight so I think its just the rules they put in to stop greater risk of brain injuries etc

I think, but i dont know for 100%, that most athletic commissions forbid a fighter fighting within 90 days of being declared knocked out.

That is the only logical reason I can think of, he did nothing illegal during the fight so I think its just the rules they put in to stop greater risk of brain injuries etc

Ah right, derp! :p :D
Cheers for that.

I'm really not a fan of Junior right now, he kicked the black coach out for what, for talking to them?

Looked to me like he has his own adequacy problems due to his trouble communicating to his guys and he took it out on the coach. I reckon it's deeper than language problems he just isn't a people person. Black dude was right "I reckon it's bullshit".

Lew didn't know his place, simple as that. Junior has spoken to him numerous times so far this season about contradicing him and knowig his role. That Lew kept going over Juniors head seems fair enough of a reason to be asked to leave and says nothing to me about Junior having any "adequacy problems".

Was a great episode on Thursday. Shattered for Randy Jr as I thought he showed a lot as a late replacement. Hopefully he gets another chance at the finale. That was a sweet up kick finish by Tony though!

Lost it when Chuck referred to Zach as Gary Busey Jr. That was a great fight between the two of them too.

Lew didn't know his place, simple as that. Junior has spoken to him numerous times so far this season about contradicing him and knowig his role. That Lew kept going over Juniors head seems fair enough of a reason to be asked to leave and says nothing to me about Junior having any "adequacy problems".

Was a great episode on Thursday. Shattered for Randy Jr as I thought he showed a lot as a late replacement. Hopefully he gets another chance at the finale. That was a sweet up kick finish by Tony though!

Lost it when Chuck referred to Zach as Gary Busey Jr. That was a great fight between the two of them too.

Great fights. Felt Tony got a touch lucky with the up kick finish, but then it is a dangerous position for the fighter on top and he should know not to spend a lot of time there. Either stand him up or resume a safer dominant position.

Was cheering for Chuck but Zach was pretty eager to set a fast pace and it paid off for him. Good to see some other guys finishing fights

Great fights. Felt Tony got a touch lucky with the up kick finish, but then it is a dangerous position for the fighter on top and he should know not to spend a lot of time there. Either stand him up or resume a safer dominant position.

Was cheering for Chuck but Zach was pretty eager to set a fast pace and it paid off for him. Good to see some other guys finishing fights

He got very lucky, how many times do you see the upkick geting the straight KO?

But I loved how after the fight he was saying it was a planned moved & how he rolled his hip to get in the right spot to get the KO. Lol, all he did was swing his foot & it connected.

As for Randy Jr, Dana loved the fight so he will get another go in the finale.

Quite an enjoyable episode imo.

Len needs to STFU, especially since Chuck proved himself in the wildcard.

If he fought so well in his first bout then why would the judges rule against him, he carries on like a sooky bitch.

Good to see Junior win the coaches challenge, seems like a very humble and likable guy re: him giving everyone some money, but i really liked how he refused to give Brock money.

Can't wait for Shemar to fight next week, definately my pick for the winner
Thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back