Europa Lg UEFA Europa League 2023/24 (Semi Finals) - On Stan

Remove this Banner Ad

Trouble is we keep playing him in wider positions so it exposes the lack of pace a bit more than if we ask him to play a more central role.

Love Milly, one of my fav players of the last decade at LFC.

No bullshit, plenty of hard work and grit from him is pretty much guaranteed from him. He will get a fantastic reception back at Anfield if he plays in the return Brighton fixture.

I reckon he will do another season at Brighton and then start gradually dropping down the leagues as he gets older. Probably will play into his early 40s easily.

Souvlakis at Sth Melbourne games are always a delight. RPCB can attest to this.

I miss those days at Albert Park, haven’t been in over 20 years.

What I don’t miss is going to matches between rival clubs and as soon as you’d step foot in the stadium all you could see are projectiles thrown from one end of the stadium to the other. It was like a war zone.

Liverpool loses and on highlights alone, deservedly so.

Many lols on the handball against MacAllister at the end, starting to think no one knows what handball is any more.

Uncharacteristic for him to be a sore loser. He usually takes it well..
Actually he was very clear that despite the late drama with the handball decision, they deserved to lose because of some really poor defending. Escaping with a draw would have looked good for the table but not changed their performance.

Having the press conference outside in a tent was not a good idea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually he was very clear that despite the late drama with the handball decision, they deserved to lose because of some really poor defending. Escaping with a draw would have looked good for the table but not changed their performance.

Having the press conference outside in a tent was not a good idea.
it is the same location they always hold their press conferences? Seems loud and annoying but assume it’s where they always hold them.

Have seen one replay of the handball decision and it looked like a fairly blatant handball. Not sure why he disagrees.

it is the same location they always hold their press conferences? Seems loud and annoying but assume it’s where they always hold them.

Have seen one replay of the handball decision and it looked like a fairly blatant handball. Not sure why he disagrees.
If Macallister was wearing a short sleeve shirt, would have been above the sleeve line and play on? Or is that gone now, I have no idea.

Reporters were complaining they couldn’t hear either. But that doesn’t make a headline does it.

If Macallister was wearing a short sleeve shirt, would have been above the sleeve line and play on? Or is that gone now, I have no idea.

Reporters were complaining they couldn’t hear either. But that doesn’t make a headline does it.
He was wearing a short sleeve shirt. I don't think long sleeves exist anymore, everyone seems to wear the coloured compression garments underneath to make a long sleeve shirt. This is what Mac Allister was doing and Liverpool for some reason have this massive white band on the end of the short sleeve which makes it easy to see where the end is. It hit him below that white band.

1699610449427.png

Liverpool loses and on highlights alone, deservedly so.

Many lols on the handball against MacAllister at the end, starting to think no one knows what handball is any more.
Would have thought that was one of the more obvious ones.

Only doubt for me was how far back VAR go, but in Europe they do go back a fair way (we had one ruled out in similar circumstances a few weeks back).

Would have thought that was one of the more obvious ones.

Only doubt for me was how far back VAR go, but in Europe they do go back a fair way (we had one ruled out in similar circumstances a few weeks back).
I think it's pretty crazy how far they can go back. Not complaining about it as we honestly didnt deserve anything from that match but I mean so much happened after that. Toulouse even won the ball back, then lost it again and then we scored. How much can go on in a match before bringing it back.

It's a weird one too because you can forget everything that happened after the handball and erase it from the game. You can also have a lot happen after a penalty shout then have it all erased as we come back to the penalty footage and award a pen.

Yet... the Luis Diaz goal in the Spurs game, because the game had restarted and gone down the line and then there was a throw in. OH NO we cant come back now. The game has moved on.

It's the inconsistency that boggles the mind on these things.

Yeah don’t think it’s controversial at all, pretty easy one. And it did occur in the same attacking phase, wasn’t going back two minutes it was a direct part of the build-up for the goal (which was scrappy in the end).

Of course it's controversial.

The UEFA guidance says no handball for deflection off body and when ball moves away from goal (which is what happened).

Ifab rules says accidental handball can only be penalised against the goalscorer.

A defender also cleared the ball in the leadup to the goal.

Deliberate handball is different and can be penalised at any stage of an attacking phase. I would say this clearly wasn't a case of deliberate handball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back