UFC 110: Nogueira vs. Velasquez

Remove this Banner Ad

The only bags people could bring in where I entered were the plastic Pride merchandise bags. It was a disgrace. Don't know what was going on.

Dude, what can I say but what I've said before. Mag walked in with a bag (camelback so it was small) that had his and my camera in it. That really is a s**t kicker. We entered main gate at about 10:30-11ish. Not allowed to take in a bag, jeeez that's pretty stupid, especially considering 50% of tickets were sold interstate.

Dude, what can I say but what I've said before. Mag walked in with a bag (camelback so it was small) that had his and my camera in it. That really is a s**t kicker. We entered main gate at about 10:30-11ish. Not allowed to take in a bag, jeeez that's pretty stupid, especially considering 50% of tickets were sold interstate.

That's what I thought lining up. I like many others needed to catch flights that evening. You would think with the show being a Sunday afternoon a lot of people would be keen to head to the airport and home for work on Monday. This would amount to luggage of people who are only there for the day (me and my camera bag - which doubled as a pillow :D) and the people who stayed overnight Saturday, checked out Sunday morning and where headed to the airport after the event.

The 17,000 felt like 80,000 people in the line ups. You may have seen me in the train ticket line up Drew, I was the only person not wearing a Tapout or UFC 110 T-Shirt ;).

Caught the train to Lidcombe and got a lucky taxi from there. Lucky a couple from Melbourne overheard me complaining about the situation to a Train employee. They offered to go with me to the airport, they wanted an earlier flight. They were cool, really tried to help me get to my flight. The man was an instructor at a gym on Lonsdale St. Top bloke.

You Victorians are alright.... :D

I just hate to think of what a 80,000 crowd is like.

P.S. I left myself 2 hours to get from the event to the airport and had already checked in to my flight and had a boarding pass and still didn't make it. Melbourne or Perth for the next event please.

Haha, no we sat back and watched the crazy line of people line up bit by bit to catch the train, sitting at a restaurant. Decided straight away that waiting a bit longer for a taxi was the best option. We all sat there and thought - poor bastards! :(

Lucky we decided on a late fight (even though the damn flight sat on the tarmac for an extra hour waiting for a tech to look at the tires), we made it with plenty of time.

i was so lucky. i was expecting to see cabs lining the roads at the end of the event, boy was i surprised! Luckily as i'm aimlessly walking around ACER and it's outskirts i saw a disabled bloke getting lifted into an access cab. The cabbie yelled out "anyone heading to the airport and want to share a fare" and i was in there straight away! Worked out fine and i made my flight. If i haddn't grabbed that cab no way would i have made my flight. Cab situation was a joke.

Lucky we decided on a late fight (even though the damn flight sat on the tarmac for an extra hour waiting for a tech to look at the tires), we made it with plenty of time.

I was on that flight! They were waiting for a fax from Melbourne. I was sitting in the middle of the plane, the row with the emergency exit doors.

Could you imagine an Anzac clash crowd coming out of Homebush?
You don't need to imagine that - I was at the Collingwood-Sydney game at Homebush in 2007, and there was 64,000 there, and it took about and hour before we even got on a train from somewhere with a dedicated train station.

Wel, I thought UFC 110 Sydney was a fantastic card and I hope everyone who went had a great time. I know a few people who certainly did, including my brother-in-law. It promised a lot, there was probably a lot of anticipation and I reckon it delivered big time!

Heavyweight Bout: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs Cain Velasquez - Any doubts anyone had about Velasquez (including me) are now dispelled. He dissected Nog with fantastic stand-up. He is the real deal and could easily become heavyweight champ. It was a good, entertaining fight too.
Middleweight Bout: Wanderlei Silva vs Michael Bisping - Good, entertaining pretty close fight. An important win for Wanderlei, showing he still has what it takes. Bisping far from disgraced.
Lightweight Bout: Joe Stevenson vs George Sotiropoulos - Just an unbelievable performance by Sots! He did us all proud. The crowd was just so pumped for this, and no doubt with his adrenalin surging, Sots delivered his best performance to date in what was a highly entertaining fight between two high quality BJJ exponents. You bloody beauty!
Light Heavyweight Bout: Keith Jardine vs Ryan Bader - Another good entertaining fight that was extremely even for three rounds until Bader got in the KO finish. This was Bader's biggest scalp yet. Jardine far from disgraced.
Heavyweight Bout: Mirko Filipovic vs Anthony Perosh - Extremely brave effort by Perosh, but let's face it, he was way out of his class. I don't know if it was the quality of his opposition, but Cro-Cop looked by far the best I've seen him in the UFC. He may still have something to offer the sport.
Light Heavyweight Bout: Stephan Bonnar vs Krzysztof Soszynski - Another entertaining, even fight up until the unfortunate stoppage. Bonnar has hopefully showed that he still has a bit to offer the UFC.
Welterweight Bout: Chris Lyttle vs Brian Foster - Fantastic sub finish by Lyttle.

Great card and from the look of some of the upcoming fights, there should be some more great cards coming up. Damn, I love my UFC!

Light Heavyweight Bout: Stephan Bonnar vs Krzysztof Soszynski - Another entertaining, even fight up until the unfortunate stoppage. Bonnar has hopefully showed that he still has a bit to offer the UFC.

Entertaining, but Bonnar was a punching bag in this bout. He'd fire off a few shots and get countered beautifully by Sos. Apparently they both want to rematch... Bonnar will get destroyed again.

i have just herd that UFC 110 will be relaesed in a 2-disc dvd set [like all recent ufc events] on may 26th same day and date as the U.S get it

Can't wait. I watched the replay of the Bisping vs Wand fight on One HD and saw myself on tv. The guys sitting directly behind us were Brazillians wearing their flag so when the camera goes on them you can see me sitting in front.

I'm forever a part of UFC history :D

Entertaining, but Bonnar was a punching bag in this bout. He'd fire off a few shots and get countered beautifully by Sos. Apparently they both want to rematch... Bonnar will get destroyed again.

What fight were you watching? The fight was close, it was one round a piece going into the third, Bonnar winning the second and seeming to have some momentum.

Can't wait. I watched the replay of the Bisping vs Wand fight on One HD and saw myself on tv. The guys sitting directly behind us were Brazillians wearing their flag so when the camera goes on them you can see me sitting in front.

I'm forever a part of UFC history :D
Haha. Congrats. Good on you. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Picked up the dvd today and went straight to the Bisping vs Wand fight. Something felt weird and then I realized that all of the entrance music has been changed to royalty free s**t!

Poor form Zuffa. I wanna hear Bisping come out to Song 2 and Wanderlei's epic Sandstorm. I know they'd have to pay extra money to get it released on the dvd and that's often why some tv series are more expensive than others but I'm disappointed. Sure the retail price of the dvd would go up too but it's not like we buy every single UFC dvd released and I'd be willing to pay $50 considering we get 5 hours of entertainment.

Anyway, back to watching the fights!

Yeah I always get the pay per views too. If there's a fight I really liked then I'll try to download it individually but in this case I wanted the whole event because I was there. Still worth it though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back