MMA-UFC UFC 229: Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Conor McGregor - October 6th

Who will win?

• Khabib Nurmagomedov

Votes: 38 66.7%
  • Conor McGregor

Votes: 19 33.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah his camp want absolutely nothing to do with standing up.
But I just see too many spots where Conor can find a ko.

I also think Conor's take-down defence with be pretty solid, for one to two rounds anyway. If it goes past the third, Khabib with dominate.

For all Khabib's holes in the stand up, only 2 people have managed to land more than 1 in 3 significant strikes against him. One of them was a future world champion (dos Anjos) and the other only managed to throw 30 significant strikes in 3 rounds (Trujillo). His striking looks terrible, but his defense is generally very good and he finds ways to land his shots. He's never been dropped or rocked in his career despite what people say about the Johnson fight, so he'll have confidence in his chin. He definitely won't want a prolonged exchange on the feet, but will no doubt come with a plan to close the distance and get in to the clinch. Conor's distance management is superb while he is fresh, so I can't wait to see what AKA have come up with to combat this.

For the sake of comparison, Conor on took almost as many significant strikes in one fight against Nate Diaz than Khabib has in his 10 fight UFC career.

For all Khabib's holes in the stand up, only 2 people have managed to land more than 1 in 3 significant strikes against him. One of them was a future world champion (dos Anjos) and the other only managed to throw 30 significant strikes in 3 rounds (Trujillo). His striking looks terrible, but his defense is generally very good and he finds ways to land his shots. He's never been dropped or rocked in his career despite what people say about the Johnson fight, so he'll have confidence in his chin. He definitely won't want a prolonged exchange on the feet, but will no doubt come with a plan to close the distance and get in to the clinch. Conor's distance management is superb while he is fresh, so I can't wait to see what AKA have come up with to combat this.

For the sake of comparison, Conor on took almost as many significant strikes in one fight against Nate Diaz than Khabib has in his 10 fight UFC career.
A hell of a fight we're in for.

Geez I hope no one gets injured in the lead up.. The great thing is though..if we lose one of them, I think Tony gets the gig (not very good on Khabib or Conor though, too much at stake to be changing opponents late).. Whether that's the case in not I'm not 100% sure.

A hell of a fight we're in for.

Geez I hope no one gets injured in the lead up.. The great thing is though..if we lose one of them, I think Tony gets the gig (not very good on Khabib or Conor though, too much at stake to be changing opponents late).. Whether that's the case in not I'm not 100% sure.

100% this is what will happen if one of them was to get injured.
It’s the whole reason Ferguson is on the card.

That's what the ufc is banking on. Whether Khabib and Conor have agreed to that is another question.

I don't see why they wouldn't. Khabib has prepared for Ferg 3 or 4 times now so probably knows his game as well as anyone and McGregor's never said no to a short notice opponent change.

IgIiEB1.gif

a good study of Conor McGregors takedown defence tactics

I honestly think both guys are a horrible matchup for each other.

Khabib has the perfect game to stifle McGregor; constant forward pressure, grapple heavy and ridiculous top control.

While McGregor has great footwork, accuracy and power to take advantage of khabib's non-existent footwork, high chin and low level striking.

BJJScouts work is brilliant

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think its that obvious how it will go

Khabib only moves forward and conor is a master of footwork and movement letting u come in to the punch
50/50
Connor will either knock him out or Khabib will take him to the ground and destroy him. Would’ve thought everyone can see that.

Back