Umpiring

Are they?

• Yes

Votes: 50 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • They will until this group has officially been broken, Hardwick aint Coach and Gale isn't CEO

Votes: 33 33.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Problem now is these campaigners will deep throat us this week and then normal service will resume the week after just as all the media hoopla dies down you can read it like a book. Hopefully Roco keeps going these campaigners because if we are sick of it the players sure as shit are. As for the oppo supporters just easier to ignore their bullshit responses got no time or energy to waste on it. Laura Kane casually shrugging it off on the Front Bar. **** off

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly this.

No one has been able to offer a reasonable and logical reason for this yet.

Mostly I still get told that our game style and technique is why we don't get free kicks..

It kills them that there is now years worth of data behind it.

I ask them if they can name me a team who has finished dead last in any statistical category for 6-7 years straight in a 18 team comp.

No replies yet.

Showing that the odds of it happening year after year is extremely low.
Drives me insane. How we play dictates the frees that we give away, how does it impact the ones we receive? that's like saying how we play somehow makes the opposition 50% less likely to infringe. Consistently. Across multiple coaches now, before and after the invention of 'the stand rule' and the constant reinterpretations of every other rule in the book.

Problem now is these campaigners will deep throat us this week and then normal service will resume the week after just as all the media hoopla dies down you can read it like a book. Hopefully Roco keeps going these campaigners because if we are sick of it the players sure as s**t are. As for the oppo supporters just easier to ignore their bullshit responses got no time or energy to waste on it. Laura Kane casually shrugging it off on the Front Bar. * off, moll
Lollingwood supporter is Laura - FMD. We’ve copped Shockimg, Scott and now her. No wonder we’ve been ****ed over for the last 7 years

Just put the Brayshaw dropping the ball on repeat followed by the non-commonsense 50.

Then we can discuss bias

digging through the archives here a special mention in the 2020 final when played the lions at the gabba. The whistle was blown for a free kick and dusty kicked the ball towards goal and the umpire called 50 in a millisecond, when the lions player did the same action a qtr later absolutely peanuts for us.

Just put the Brayshaw dropping the ball on repeat followed by the non-commonsense 50.

Then we can discuss bias

digging through the archives here a special mention in the 2020 final when played the lions at the gabba. The whistle was blown for a free kick and dusty kicked the ball towards goal and the umpire called 50 in a millisecond, when the lions player did the same action a qtr later absolutely peanuts for us.

Yep. Zac Bailey.

Surely every umpire does not hate us?
This has to come from a higher level,an instruction which has massive repercussions for the CFL.
Nice way to wash the dirt away by having a little song and dance on The Front Bar lol.

Last edited:
So true, it’s where the argument and Ralph’s article fall apart.

It falls apart everywhere. I ran the data last year for all of our Finals from 2017-2020 … we were pretty much on parity for and against. That’s because the eyes of the footy world are on finals and we’ve already had a successful year, so ‘keeping Richmond down where they belong’ doesn’t apply. The bias disappears in finals… funny that.

So how are we on parity in finals, but so badly treated in H&A if it’s ’the way we play’ ??

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no AFL directive to screw Richmond. This started in 2017. Richmond were not supposed to be ‘winners’. We were the saving grace of every supporter, as no matter what was happening with their team ‘at least I don’t barrack for Richmond’ was the fallback. Umpires all have a team they barracked for as a kid, so they are no different.

But then things changed …. Richmond were no longer the annual laughing stock. This wasn’t right and made the footy world’s heads explode. So despite what oppo supporters might have said, they HATED our success. Umpires were no different, they hated it to. Throw in some lippy players, arrogant supporters and feral crowds
and you have the perfect storm of subconscious bias.

So when there’s a decision that is very technical but can be paid without being ‘wrong’, an umpire pays it against us. When the roles are reversed they hold their whistle. When there is a contest umpires are looking for decisions to make against us … if there’s a 50m opportunity they find an excuse to pay it .. but it’s all only one way.

So umpires are rarely blatantly wrong in our games … they are just wildly inconsistent with their interpretations of the rules.

It’s human nature … when umpires are deep down preferring we lose, they will make decisions accordingly.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nice to see this finally getting some traction. Don't you love how the nuffies are making up fake stats to show how we get looked after? Haha...

Idiots, we're probably nearly -500 for the last 8 seasons.

• Will anything come of it? Who knows.
  • But... why has it taken this long?
Updated stats including 2017 and all finals until now:

Dogs +382
Pies +361
Eagles +131
Roos +93
Dockers +40
Demons +12
Saints -65
Power -78
Swans -159
Hawks -170
Giants -263

*this doesn't include 50m penalties. We negative lead that stat too

Last edited:
Great to see Mick on the front bar get stuck into the Collingwood supporter.
The more awareness the better. Umps would be hating the noise ATM because now the spot light will come on to their cheating ways. Everyone will be watching, my money is we get the rub of the green for a week or 2 so the noise disappears then back to the old ways.

Another flow on effect from free kicks is contested ball numbers

Traditionally we were always rated near the bottom of the comp for contested ball wins but a free kick win for a player counts as a contested possession

Would be interesting to see the contested ball numbers without free kicks contested possession counters just to see if our team is statistically more competitive in that department than at first glance over our dominant period
It would also explain why our contested numbers seemed to be much better in finals when the whistle is typically put away.

Screenshot_20240509_013642_Facebook.jpg

This shit pisses me off. So other clubs are going public when they don't get destroyed like we do. And how do we react ? Just simple pussy **** responses "oh it's just bad luck, need to control what we can control" **** that , go public and say we think the umps are ****ing us. Actually we don't think so , we know so. And then show countless examples and compare it to other clubs.

The more awareness the better. Umps would be hating the noise ATM because now the spot light will come on to their cheating ways. Everyone will be watching, my money is we get the rub of the green for a week or 2 so the noise disappears then back to the old ways.
Notice it only came about while we are SHIT.

This shit has been going on for half a decade and noone batted an eyelid except us

So many stat sheets showing up the rorting of the umpires.
They have nowhere to hide now.
CFL have blood on their hands over this issue as well.
Makes complete sense that the only team that would cop a wrath of rule changes would be us.
Let's be honest , all the rule changes tried to negate our strengths, never seen that shit before , except maybe Hawks rushing behind shit, but that was only one.

Hence why I truly believe we are the GOAT team as we won 3 flags with all these changes and everyone against us

In all honesty, not a bad explanation of the current rules around HTB.

However, I feel like it doesn't need to be this convoluted, and that fans will be more than happy to ignore any "prior opportunity" if it meant a simpler rule to umpire with greater consistency.

Absolute bullshit. So in other words dropping the ball isn't a thing anymore. All last week has done has force the AFL to wheel out the positive pr spin so it doesn't look look like we have been shafted. No one has actually had the balls to ask why we are shafted and I know the reason why.

Spot on. Said this earlier

Problem now is these campaigners will deep throat us this week and then normal service will resume the week after just as all the media hoopla dies down you can read it like a book. Hopefully Roco keeps going these campaigners because if we are sick of it the players sure as s**t are. As for the oppo supporters just easier to ignore their bullshit responses got no time or energy to waste on it. Laura Kane casually shrugging it off on the Front Bar. * off, moll
they are all going down

imagine the tears in the corruption court case

Back