Under 19.5 Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

A recent article said Rayner from Essendon Doutta Stars, I hope they call it out correct on draft night. ( if not Hillside will be very disappointed )
A recent article said Rayner from Essendon Doutta Stars, I hope they call it out correct on draft night. ( if not Hillside will be very disappointed )
He went to the Jets from EDS so that is where they have their information from. Yes he did transfer back to Hillside this year.

He went to the Jets from EDS so that is where they have their information from. Yes he did transfer back to Hillside this year.

This is going to happen to a few players over coming years. Probably why so many people involved with junior footy are sick of clubs using dirty tricks to get players to change clubs. In the case of Rayner I believe he went to EDS on his own accord. But they would want to call out Hillside or there will be major implications..

Hillside area is Jets.
Essendon area is Cannons.

Pretty simple..

My information is that Rayner went down to watch Keilor train first then went to EDS. He knew more boys at EDS so was happy to go there. Think he wanted to win a flag in his last year of junior footy so he went to a club that had a big chance.

This is going to happen to a few players over coming years. Probably why so many people involved with junior footy are sick of clubs using dirty tricks to get players to change clubs. In the case of Rayner I believe he went to EDS on his own accord. But they would want to call out Hillside or there will be major implications..

Hillside area is Jets.
Essendon area is Cannons.

Pretty simple..

Not that simple. It's all about where you live. Still, should have Hillside called as his junior club since that's where he spent most of his time.

My information is that Rayner went down to watch Keilor train first then went to EDS. He knew more boys at EDS so was happy to go there. Think he wanted to win a flag in his last year of junior footy so he went to a club that had a big chance.

He was always going to win a flag, it didn't matter what team he played for in U16, the team he was on was going to win it.

He was always going to win a flag, it didn't matter what team he played for in U16, the team he was on was going to win it.
That is a big call. I agree with you that he was a dominant player but your comment disrespects the other 21 players in that side. I'm sure the EDS boys were glad he was on their side though.

M

What makes you think Keilor will win it over Marby?
Seems as though marby will struggle on a bigger ground come finals time especially with many of the boys not having played finals before. Whereas Keilor have been there and a bigger ground shouldn't impact their game

Seems as though marby will struggle on a bigger ground come finals time especially with many of the boys not having played finals before. Whereas Keilor have been there and a bigger ground shouldn't impact their game
The bigger ground at EDS certainly didn't bother them. Granted they didn't spread it to the opposite side. Just used the wing where their coaching staff were.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think the quality of the opposition was also a factor
you can only play the team that is put out on the park to oppose you and the marby boys have taken all before so far, good on them. Just question do keilor and abbers have any good players to bring back come finals time and strengthen their teams ? I have heard that this is the normal way of things with both keilor and abbers

you can only play the team that is put out on the park to oppose you and the marby boys have taken all before so far, good on them. Just question do keilor and abbers have any good players to bring back come finals time and strengthen their teams ? I have heard that this is the normal way of things with both keilor and abbers

You would assume so. It is a Keilor and Abers specialty to produce players in the finals series that have "played" the required 4 games during the season.

You would assume so. It is a Keilor and Abers specialty to produce players in the finals series that have "played" the required 4 games during the season.

If you look back the last few years. EDS tried to do it with a few last year who definitely didn't play 4 games. Abers did it every year with their PEGS players who did actually play at least 4 games but Keilor has not done it to my knowledge.

If you look back the last few years. EDS tried to do it with a few last year who definitely didn't play 4 games. Abers did it every year with their PEGS players who did actually play at least 4 games but Keilor has not done it to my knowledge.

Who are the players you are referring to that EDS were saving players for the finals? I am sure the other teams would have checked to ensure all players had been named for at least four games. Remember it just doesn't have to be in the 19's.

Who are the players you are referring to that EDS were saving players for the finals? I am sure the other teams would have checked to ensure all players had been named for at least four games. Remember it just doesn't have to be in the 19's.

Players who "played" thirds in the same weekend as playing TAC CUP or Vic Metro.
Balta and Martyn were 2 of them

Keilor vs marby ,Big game this week should show a lot about the rest of the year who is everyone taking??
I've got Keilor on the bigger ground by 4 goals

Keilor vs marby ,Big game this week should show a lot about the rest of the year who is everyone taking??
I've got Keilor on the bigger ground by 4 goals

Maybe I will be wrong, but I'm going to put it on the line and say Marby too strong. I think they will go through undefeated and win the flag. From what I've seen I think they have the superior list and game plan. Anything can happen come finals, but I'm making a judgement call on the lists I have seen. Doesn't help when Curmi and Antovski haven't played much.

R
Maybe I will be wrong, but I'm going to put it on the line and say Marby too strong. I think they will go through undefeated and win the flag. From what I've seen I think they have the superior list and game plan. Anything can happen come finals, but I'm making a judgement call on the lists I have seen. Doesn't help when Curmi and Antovski haven't played much.

Rumour going aroun is that Curmi and Antovski are certain to play this weekend against Marby?

I still that Abers at full strength are the best team in the comp. You have to remember 4-5 19's have decided to play reserves this year instead of 19's football

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back