U19 Under 19's North Divison 1

Remove this Banner Ad

What happened with ivanhoe only beating manningham by only 37 points?

OP's almost causing a massive upset....

trinity smashed essendon even without one the their star backmen

Coming to the business end of the season and the 4th spot still hangs in the balance. Can anyone at this stage predict who out of BT or Fitzroy will take the honors or maybe even an unexpected charge from camberwell if they can sneak a few unsuspecting wins. Things are definately heating up.

What happened with ivanhoe only beating manningham by only 37 points?

OP's almost causing a massive upset....

trinity smashed essendon even without one the their star backmen

Coming to the business end of the season and the 4th spot still hangs in the balance. Can anyone at this stage predict who out of BT or Fitzroy will take the honors or maybe even an unexpected charge from camberwell if they can sneak a few unsuspecting wins. Things are definately heating up.

OI had a bit of an off day, and took a while to get going, however to manninghams credit they came to play and were harder at the ball for the first quater and a bit. Also Stintons Reserve is another shocking ground, though not quite as bad as Ted Ajani.

I think BT are overrated by some as shown by the result on the w/e (they only beat OP by 18pts). Due to their massive homeground advantage (where I think they've only lost one match), i think their record is a bit deceptive. I think that Fitzroy will take the fourth spot and this w/e should be a good indication of where they are at.

OI had a bit of an off day, and took a while to get going, however to manninghams credit they came to play and were harder at the ball for the first quater and a bit. Also Stintons Reserve is another shocking ground, though not quite as bad as Ted Ajani.

I think BT are overrated by some as shown by the result on the w/e (they only beat OP by 18pts). Due to their massive homeground advantage (where I think they've only lost one match), i think their record is a bit deceptive. I think that Fitzroy will take the fourth spot and this w/e should be a good indication of where they are at.

maybe BT had an off day too...

maybe BT had an off day too...

Maybe they did, I wasn't at the game so I wouldn't know, I was simply stating that in my opinion, BT are not as good as some people think, as they seem too struggle playing away from home.

Maybe they did have an off day, but I doubt it. I think the result from the w/e was a true indication of how good (or bad) BT are.

wow there has been alot said since i last was on this time wasting site, and from what has been said is all just a load of shit thanks to complete peanuts like wolley lamb and someguy who still believe banyule to be an average side when we just smashed a side who u claim to be a top 4 side, not true BT are a very strong side especcially at there home ground and they are better than Fitzroy by a long way, last of all no one cares wat u think wolley lamb or wateva u r, all u post is just complete crap about how good trinity are no one cares u boys got beat by ivanhoe like the rest of us, no one will beat them this even with all ur so called guns in the seniors.

wow there has been alot said since i last was on this time wasting site, and from what has been said is all just a load of shit thanks to complete peanuts like wolley lamb and someguy who still believe banyule to be an average side when we just smashed a side who u claim to be a top 4 side, not true BT are a very strong side especcially at there home ground and they are better than Fitzroy by a long way, last of all no one cares wat u think wolley lamb or wateva u r, all u post is just complete crap about how good trinity are no one cares u boys got beat by ivanhoe like the rest of us, no one will beat them this even with all ur so called guns in the seniors.

Don't know where you got that idea from because I don't believe that Banyule are an average side and in all honesty I was quiet impressed by your win on the w/e because from what I'd heard Fitzroy are/were on the way up.

Don't know where you got that idea from because I don't believe that Banyule are an average side and in all honesty I was quiet impressed by your win on the w/e because from what I'd heard Fitzroy are/were on the way up.

my bad someguy ive taken ur comment the wrong way, anyway big game down at the cave this w/e and will test actually if we are in the mix with a hard game against trinity.

my bad someguy ive taken ur comment the wrong way, anyway big game down at the cave this w/e and will test actually if we are in the mix with a hard game against trinity.

YULAS, no point posting rubbish about what people have said, post some valid information. seems you boys did well to beat the reds at home. you boys will finish top 4 no doubt about that and hopefully you boys can knock off ivanhoe. but this weeks home game against trinity will be a cracker.

this weeks tips:

Sharks over OP. no one likes going all the way to visit the sharks.

OEG v. OC - the last time they played was a cracker. OC look much stronger this time round.

Banyule v. OT - injuries or not. will be close. OT just.

BT v. OC - seems they are too good at home.

Reds v. OI - OI easily.

OK, lets get the top 3 players from EVERY team and see how they perform in the second half of the season.

This weeks tips are:

Sharks vs Parade - just too strong for a struggling Parade team.

Essendon vs Carey - Essendon at home easily.

Fitzroy vs Ivanhoe - i really wouldn't be suprised if fitzroy knocked ivanhoe off this week; seem to have the same weaknesses/strengths.

Banyule vs Trinity - Banyule havn't lost a home game all year; expect this to be another close one.

Bulleen/Temp vs Camberwell - Home ground advantage is too strong; be careful all Camberwell players not to break a leg on that disgraceful excuse for a ground.

HT08

going to be a cracking game on the weekend between OT and banyule. my tip as always will be OT. banyule blokes talk it up and lets see if they can match the speed and skill of a determined ot side tomorrow. is my man coulsen-hoffacker still playing 19s or has he gone back up into the seniors? if he hasn't and is playing tomorrow banyule are going to need to watch him closely. the bloke is a match winner off his own boot, form all reports jason geurra (think he is no.7) is in great touch also. those 2 are easily the go to players in that team when they play. should be a cracker though.

ROUND 12 - TIPS

MANNINGHAM SHARKS vs OLD PARADIANS
Both of these teams are playing some good football in the 2nd half of the season. Old Paradians just lost to Bulleen Templestowe, whom many rate as a quality side at home and finding form. And the sharks only lost to Old Ivanhoe, who must have had a really off day that day, by 5 goals. This should be a solid game fought out by 2 pretty even teams.

MANNINGHAM SHARKS BY 15 points.

OLD ESSENDON vs OLD CAREY
As I've stated many times before, OEG continue to be one of the most disappointing stories of the season. Having played them last week they were extremely disappointing. They got the ball just as much as Trinity but struggled to do anything with it. I rate Old Carey and everytime I tip them to win they lose so I'm jumping off the bandwagon now. Could not believe they got beaten by 11 goals last week to Old Camberwell who I rate highly as well but expected Carey to win that game based on how they played against us the week before. Old Essendon at home this week should win, but as I've said, wouldn't be surprised if they got absolutely smashed.

OLD ESSENDON BY 8 points.

FITZROY REDS vs OLD IVANHOE
Fitzroy Reds were pushing very hard for 4th spot on the ladder last week but came up against a quality team in Banyule, going down by 11 goals. Old Ivanhoe got a massive scare last week, only accounting for a team that they should have won by 15+ goals. Dioretes would have to be leading the league best and fairest I reckon. The bloke is playing exceptional football and is clearly Ivanhoe's best player having been in their best almost every game. Fitzroy will be dirty for losing their chance at 4th spot and will want to be competitive from the start against the quality of the hoes.

OLD IVANHOE BY 40 points.

BANYULE/VIEWBANK vs OLD TRINITY (HK'S MATCH OF THE ROUND)
Old Trinity contiuned their excellent form this season by beginning their 2nd half of the year dispensing of OEG by 140 points. Old Essendon in their defence, were competitive and probably won more possession on the day but just couldn't consolidate their possession with quality forward movements and scoreboard pressure. Banyule have also come off a massive win as stated earlier, taking care of the Reds. So the build up for this match is absolutely massive with both teams 2nd and 3rd and in red hot form. The game will be a battle of Banyules hardness and commitment to the football to Trinity's skills, speed and movement of the football. As an Old Trinity bloke, one bloke I must mention is Jason Guerra. 2 BOG's the last 2 weeks, is in red hot form, is hard, fast and determined to get the job done. Will probably need to be tagged and watched as well as some other high quality players for the t's. (BOWMAN, ROBERTSON and AMPT). Ampt who kicked 7 goals last week will be looking to continue his fine form in front of the sticks. Banyule will be the most competetive that they have been all year, as games between the t's and banyule are always talked up massively. Good luck to both teams, in HERNIA_KING's match of the round.

OLD TRINITY BY 22 points.

BULLEEN TEMPLESTOWE vs OLD CAMBERWELL
Both these teams have come off good wins last week, both were away from home. Old Camberwell belted Old Carey at Carey and BT got over the top of Old Paradians just, by a goal. The difference in winning margins will prove to be useless and prove no point as I believe, along with many other posters that Bulleen are impossible to beat at home, regardless of who they play. Which surprises me because Ted Ajani is, as I've said before, is the shittest ground to play on, win lose or draw. Old Camberwell will need to restrict Bulleen's run and try and get on top of them early to stand a chance away. Jack Le Cerf continued his excellent form in front of the sticks last week kicking half a dozen, earning him BEST ON GROUND honours. Alex Tsindos is another one of their good players, along with Cramer and Huddo. Am a big fan of Old Camberwell but its very hard to tip against Bulleen at home, should be an exciting game none the less.

BULLEEN TEMPLESTOWE BY 15 points.

Good luck to all games again this weekend. With the split round of the AFL, try to get to a game, support your mates. Should be a really exciting weekend of football. GO T's!!!!!

hk

going to be a cracking game on the weekend between OT and banyule. my tip as always will be OT. banyule blokes talk it up and lets see if they can match the speed and skill of a determined ot side tomorrow. is my man coulsen-hoffacker still playing 19s or has he gone back up into the seniors? if he hasn't and is playing tomorrow banyule are going to need to watch him closely. the bloke is a match winner off his own boot, form all reports jason geurra (think he is no.7) is in great touch also. those 2 are easily the go to players in that team when they play. should be a cracker though.

in response to your question clune, coulson-hoffacker is playing in the 19's again this week and also on jason guerra, yes he is number 7, and yes he is a gun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ROUND 12 - TIPS

Both of these teams are playing some good football in the 2nd half of the season. Old Paradians just lost to Bulleen Templestowe, whom many rate as a quality side at home and finding form. And the sharks only lost to Old Ivanhoe, who must have had a really off day that day, by 5 goals. This should be a solid game fought out by 2 pretty even teams.

Can someone give Manningham a go? We've played some good footy, just lack the depth and consistency to properly compete. I think anyone who was there last Saturday would agree that it wasnt about Ivanhoe having an off day, but Manningham really lifted (especially with physical pressue). Lets see how we go on Saturday

ROUND 12 - TIPS

Can someone give Manningham a go? We've played some good footy, just lack the depth and consistency to properly compete. I think anyone who was there last Saturday would agree that it wasnt about Ivanhoe having an off day, but Manningham really lifted (especially with physical pressue). Lets see how we go on Saturday

Mate it's hard to say you've had a crack. You're sitting 2nd bottom on the ladder, you've lost 9 games and only won 2 and its round 12. Ivanhoe played you away and they are the best team in the competition, all logical reason points to the fact that they had an off day. But if you actually did lift and have a crack, then good on you, keep it going and avoid relegation. hk

OI's first loss for the season against the reds by 5 points.

the Reds thoroughly deserved the win and were the better team on the day, their skills are second to none in this league and if their u/19s who play seniors continue to play in the 19's they have a legitimate shot not only at the finals but the flag

fitzroy reds getting up over the previously unbeaten old ivahoe today in what was arguably the biggest upset of the season. a tight match all game with the margin never going over 10 points at any stage, reds coming back from a goal down at 3qtr time to hold on for a gutsy 5 point win at home.

hmmm just wait til round 16......
bt (at home) only beat us by 5 points. in wet conditions....plus fitzroy just beat oi

round 16 (BT v Reds) is the season defining game.
the high likelihood of Bulleen and the Reds obtaining the same number of wins and losses up until that point results in a mouth watering clash to decide on the final spot in the top four. After todays performance the reds have to be favourites on their home ground.

what could it mean if the reds make the finals?

Banyule are simply not good enough; with the reds rounding out the four they have the potential to seriously shake up the second (dare is say the third) week of the finals.

great to see greater depth in the competition that was aparently lacking before today

Only last week banyule beat fitzroy by 70 points. I agree it is exciting that Fitzroy knocked off Ivanhoe. But don't right off the bears!

OI's first loss for the season against the reds by 5 points.

the Reds thoroughly deserved the win and were the better team on the day, their skills are second to none in this league and if their u/19s who play seniors continue to play in the 19's they have a legitimate shot not only at the finals but the flag

Spot on. Fitzroy played brilliantly and as theHole said they have a good shot at the finals and the flag if their U19's who play seniors continue to play in the 19's.

I think this lose will actually help OI refocus and work harder, leading to them play better footy.

the other result worth noting was Trinity beating banyule. I'll give credit where credit is due and say that I was not expecting banyule to fair as well as they have. Banyule probably proved they are in the hunt. I'm Intersted to know how it all went down at the cave on saturday?

Trinity V banyule game

Game started off pretty even banyule with banyule being up by a few points at half time. O'ts skills were pretty average and so were Banyule. But nonetheless the game was fought out and the ot's got a few quick goals i believe do to us being just a little bit fitter and having a bit more run in the legs. Our poor kicking kept them in the game having 27 scoring shots to 19. Better players for the t's would have to include, morrison kicked a few goals not sure how many points though, needs to improve kicking, robertson+lano- controlling the backline and hitting targets on the rebound and beaton and weissenfeld in the middle.

I think with all the upsets and closeness of the competition this is going to be a cracker of a finals series which i believe will come down to who has the better day on the actual day. The hardest part will be whether BT of FR make the 4 or not.

I think with all the upsets and closeness of the competition this is going to be a cracker of a finals series which i believe will come down to who has the better day on the actual day. The hardest part will be whether BT or FR make the 4 or not.

I think that most games from now on will be closer with each side having played each other at least once. As I've said before I think that Fitzroy are a much better side then BT and should make the 4. Whether Fitzroy are a legitamate chance for the flag or not will depend greatly on whether or not the U19 players playing seniors play in the U19's or not.

I still think that it is essentially a two-horse race for the flag between OI and OT, however Banyule and Fitzroy are more then capable of beating either team on their day (as seen by the w/e results).

Like ohh you beauty said the way the league's shaping up it should be a fantastic finals series.

cant believe fitzroy beat ivanhoe but hey good on them and it proves to everyone including myself that ivanhoe can be beat on a bad day, trinity are a very goood side and as said by someone previously they seemed to have more run in the second half and ran away with a very close match

Remove this Banner Ad

Back