Division 1 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

The definition of Premier is "first in importance, order, or position; leading".

The third tier of the VAFA should be C Section, not Premier C. That title is some wank that the VAFA came up with for no necessary reason.
Could not agree more. Another legacy of the Sholly era. Just an absolute wank. I remember when it was introduced the VAFA was quite rightly ridiculed for calling what was actually Division 4, Division 1 and so on. You can only have one ‘Premier’ grade, not 3.

Maybe the new regime can apply some common sense and revert back to A grade, B grade etc.

Could not agree more. Another legacy of the Sholly era. Just an absolute wank. I remember when it was introduced the VAFA was quite rightly ridiculed for calling what was actually Division 4, Division 1 and so on. You can only have one ‘Premier’ grade, not 3.

Maybe the new regime can apply some common sense and revert back to A grade, B grade etc.
Don't mind if Prem was just prem, then division 2-3-4-5-6 even, don't bullshit around call it for what it is

Don’t know where he is , who knows with the new management. Took the canine for a walk to the Gunn on Monday night, the Monds had massive numbers looked like an Under 21 team .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
same as last night at east caulfield. ormond are fine for numbers.

No woes , some exciting signings coming up , as well as some great kids .

Seriously that post should be on the D1 thread
It's pleasing and encouraging that the rejuvenated committee seems to be addressing the "woes" canvassed in this and other threads. Lots of juniors in the VAFA Player Registration thread.:whitecheck: We await with anticipation the "exciting signings". It's looking positive.

Ultimately the proof will be in the pud, so to speak.

I think Therry Penola might be the surprise packet this season. Solid coach, emerging list so think they will be there abouts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see Bedford is suspended, thought it was quiet around here and a lot less rubbish being posted.
Thanks and looking at your history we have a lot in common then.
Good news out of the Monds is a new Captain in Benjamin Hardwick and new senior assistant coach in Anthony Quonn , a great pick up from Hampton

Therry Penola put out a very undermanned squad on Saturday for their first hit out and went down to Roxburgh Park by 6 goals.

They play Epping this coming Saturday in the 2nd and final warm up game for the lions.
Nice, I'm hearing Therry to be a premiership threat this year, but hard to get a read from this division as everyone is pretty quiet! Kew played West Heidelberg and to quote WH players 'Kew ran rings around us'. Not sure who it says more about... however West Heidelberg are excellent hosts, outstanding canteen and just generally a really lovely club. Great way to spend a Saturday. Pls VAFA allow for a couple of beers at our games, it really makes a big difference.

Peninsula v Ormond this week

Battle of the bay. Obviously gotta take what you can get but playing division rivals in practice matches is always a bit odd to me

Saw ormond got a 19's up. Great effort after the combine drama. Seen a few clubs have 3 teams though, 2 should be the limit.

Heard Old yarra were very close this year but have chosen to get a 3rds up instead. Only about of half division 1 clubs have u19s

Battle of the bay. Obviously gotta take what you can get but playing division rivals in practice matches is always a bit odd to me

Saw ormond got a 19's up. Great effort after the combine drama. Seen a few clubs have 3 teams though, 2 should be the limit.

Heard Old yarra were very close this year but have chosen to get a 3rds up instead. Only about of half division 1 clubs have u19s
Big effort to get the 19s back and have plenty , quite a few played senior footy last year and some real talent .
Don't know about battle of the bay

Big effort to get the 19s back and have plenty , quite a few played senior footy last year and some real talent .
Don't know about battle of the bay

Great to hear. Lighthearted tag by me seeming the majority of the division are north east + further

Nice, I'm hearing Therry to be a premiership threat this year, but hard to get a read from this division as everyone is pretty quiet! Kew played West Heidelberg and to quote WH players 'Kew ran rings around us'. Not sure who it says more about... however West Heidelberg are excellent hosts, outstanding canteen and just generally a really lovely club. Great way to spend a Saturday. Pls VAFA allow for a couple of beers at our games, it really makes a big difference.

I’d like to see a bit of therry early before understanding where they’ll finish. They lost 4 best 22 players from last year although have gained recruits to fill those holes. They have a large amount of U19’s coming through which helps.

I have them finishing 4-6

Big Preston fan here long-time reader first-time account holder and poster.
looking forward for another season in D1 we have picked up some good u19s that are pushing for senior selection but not sure how they will stack up against the men. From all sources we have lost 2 senior players one pushing for VFL selection through our feeder system with the VFL side and the other getting a gig in Prem A. The club is in a positive space now with coach Tom Hill at the helm he really saved us last year hopefully he can do well with the cattle he has.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back