U19 Under 19's North Divison 1

Remove this Banner Ad

ROUND 17 TIPS

This weeks matches:

MANNINGHAM SHARKS vs BANYULE/VIEWBANK:
The Sharks gave the boys from Bulleen a right old scare last week. Leading by 8 goals at the half time siren, their cockiness got the better of them and when the 2nd half began they met a completely different OT's side. One of the great comebacks of the season. Banyule got the job done against the ever dissappointing OEG away and will look to continue their strong form leading into their finals campaign hopefully. BANYULE/VIEWBANK by 30+ points.

OLD CAREY vs OLD IVANHOE:
This to me is a complete no brainer, had it been earlier in the year I would have maybe given OC a sniff but they have been absolutely terrible the last month and a bit. They will need to get some early season form back if they are to avoid the relegation battle between them, OEG and OLD PARADIANS. Old Ivanhoe did what they wanted against OLD CAMBERWELL and completely demolished them across all parts of the ground I heard. Old Ivanhoe will be expecting this to be a complete walk over, and you know what, so do I. OLD IVANHOE by 60+ points.

OLD PARADIANS/ST DAMIENS vs OLD ESSENDON: (HK's Match of the Round)
I cannot believe that Old Paradians beat Old Carey last week. That tip I thought was an absolute joke and to my surprise and most of the competitions, they got the 4 points they desperately needed. Old Essendon were ok against Banyule which is surprise considering the major difference on the ladder. This should be an interesting battle I believe. Both teams are in the firing range in terms of relegation and will be desperate to come away with the points. I have gone with OP's because of their excellent form last week smashing Old Carey and also because of the fact the OEG suck. Good reason to tip them I think haha. OLD PARADIANS/ST DAMIENS by 20+ points.

OLD CAMBERWELL vs FITZROY REDS:
From all reports, Old Ivanhoe gave Old Camberwell a footballing lesson last week. Old Camberwell have been really good all year I think, they are sitting 6th and look safe there till the end of the year, provided they are competitive and win some of the games against the weaker sides. If the likes of CRAMER, HUDSON, LECERF and TSINDOS all fire, then they are a real chance this week against a cocky Reds outfit. So much talk has been the form of the Reds the past month and although they have had some good wins against quality opponents they havent won consistently as both OT's and OI have this year. They didn't play great football on the weekend and just got over the top of a red hot Bulleen Temp. They will need to play well this weekend to edge closer to grabbing 3rd spot on the ladder. FITZROY REDS by 40+ points.

OLD TRINITY vs BULLEEN TEMPLETSTOWE:
Old Trinity got a little bit of a scare last week against a really good 1st half side in the Sharks. They arent that bad the Sharks, but when you've only won 5 games and lost 11 others you can't afford to get cocky at half time against a team sitting 2nd on the ladder and with strong premiership chances. This is another bogey game for Old Trinity though I think, last year Bulleen Temp played this ground so well against us that they came away with the points in one of the closest games of the year last year. They will go into this game with heaps of confidence considering how good their form has been at home this season. Great to welcome back into the side the great R. Humann. Is an excellent player and when on song, can completely dominate games. Good luck this weekend old mate. Bulleen Temp will be gutted they didnt get the points against Fitzroy as it had a 4th spot on the ladder up for grabs this week. They will come in with heaps of confidence due to past results against the OT's. Should be an entertaining game none the less. OLD TRINITY by 30+ points.

Good luck to all teams this weekend, with only 2 games to go, some teams are really sweating on performances this weekend as well as next week to determine if they play late August. Is very exciting though.

hernia_king

camberwell too good today for an arrogant reds outfit. their number 10, heavily ******ed. makes the chase for finals very interesting

camberwell too good today for an arrogant reds outfit. their number 10, heavily ******ed. makes the chase for finals very interesting

I dont know about arrogant, but its true camberwell were by far the better team today. Reds turned up and played slow reactive football for the first half and definetly didnt derserve the 4 points.

I know every team has players out at this stage of the year, but reds were missing 7 or 8 and playing with 3 or 4 sick/injured players. This isn't an excuse tho, the team fielded today was easily good enough to account for camberwell - it just didnt.

Id also like to comment on the camberwell supporters. Absolute scum.

that makes losing to collegians today sound so much better. suck it reds!

So are you saying that your seniors losing and therefore almost certainly being relegated is made up for by another clubs U19's losing in a game that doesnt affect your club? Fair enough if your happy to see us lose but surely you'd rather be seeing your seniors avoiding relegation

I dont know about arrogant, but its true camberwell were by far the better team today. Reds turned up and played slow reactive football for the first half and definetly didnt derserve the 4 points.

I know every team has players out at this stage of the year, but reds were missing 7 or 8 and playing with 3 or 4 sick/injured players. This isn't an excuse tho, the team fielded today was easily good enough to account for camberwell - it just didnt.

oh yeh and feral fat old woman with no teeth yellin for fitzroy was an upper class citizen

Hillarious, considering Fitroy's coach is known to be the greatest scum in North 1, with a reputation for back chatting to opposing players and the oppositions supporters during a game.

However i think the game was played in good spirts with both sides hard at the pill.

Goodluck for the finals Reds as i think you can give it a mighty shake.

not sure what game u were watching wizbang but i was at the game watching my mate from OC and no offence but all the camberwell coaches and officials were completely feral. your coach was screaming at the ump every 5 seconds and your runner was calling the umpire a maggot and bagging out the reds players(while on the field). good on you guys for winning u definately deserved it but i think of the two teams OC were definately more 'feral'.

not sure what game u were watching wizbang but i was at the game watching my mate from OC and no offence but all the camberwell coaches and officials were completely feral. your coach was screaming at the ump every 5 seconds and your runner was calling the umpire a maggot and bagging out the reds players(while on the field). good on you guys for winning u definately deserved it but i think of the two teams OC were definately more 'feral'.

Well for the record i was there and the reason for abuse was due to the performance of the reds coach on the previous game at victoria park. And i never claimed the reds to be 'feral'. I quite clearly said the game was played on the field in good spirts, with both teams having minimal back-chat. Whatever happens on the sidelines is irrelevent to the spirts out on the field. I think your misinterpreting my views. I wasnt on the sidelines so i can't have a clear opion on the sideline banter

With the top four in place, who is favourite for the flag? Anyone brave enough to have a stab?
-Considering Trinity and Ivanhoe have beaten each other
-Reds have beaten both Ivanhoe and Trinity
-Banyule have beaten the reds and drawn with Trinity

Looks like a very interesting finals series coming up. Good luck to all sides

Banyule have a snowballs chance in hell. There seniors will be playing finals the same weekend that they are going to play the elimination against fitzroy so they won't have anyone back. (If there is anyone)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paradians for mine. Been the most consistent team in the league this season, with the exception of a small blimp on the radar 2 weeks ago against carey.

dis weekend is last round of football. bfor finals; "hernia king" im expecting a yearly review of each club, standout players, players to look for come finals time. b'n'f hope-fuls. the lot*

ill do a massive round up after this weeks round. once finals are all settled and confirmed.

wow thanks HERNIA_KING.. i just cant wait for u to bless us with your keen insite into the game of afl football.. ill be on the edge of my seat.. and now i can sleep at ease knowing that i only have to wait one more week for your big finals wrap....... jackass

wow thanks HERNIA_KING.. i just cant wait for u to bless us with your keen insite into the game of afl football.. ill be on the edge of my seat.. and now i can sleep at ease knowing that i only have to wait one more week for your big finals wrap....... jackass

mate you are a flog. he's the only one who writes intelligent stuff on here. you clearly offer nothing to this other than another ego talking big on a football forum. good luck with life :thumbsdown:

hey mate. appreciate your eagerness for my review. i wont leave it too long for you...with all the sitting on the edge of your seat stuff and all. hopefully you can match my wrap up with one of your own. grace us all with your intelligence at the great game. i know i will be waiting for that one with great anticipation. sure to be a heart stopper.

keep kicking goals ReDerZZ,

your hero.

HERNIA_KING

i agree with 'benchwarmer' , "hernia king" is only bloke who writes about all clubs in a sense, the rest (or majority) are just Ivanhoe, Trinity or Banyule scum talking up there awesum 19's team.

look benchwarmer ur a moron.. u have completely missed the point of what i said.. and to say that i am just another 'ego' is quite ironic.. i was never saying that i was dissinterested in wat that hernia king bloke had to say.. merely saying that for him to come out and say that he was going to wait til after this week to post his big wrap shows that he has quite an opinion of himself.. to think that us on the bigfooty board are waiting to here what he has to say and not to get too excited because we have to wait until after this weeks action.. and to rclaw 69.. doesnt seem that he is that unbias after hearing that the reds lost to post 'that makes losing to collegians today sound so much better. suck it reds!'

look benchwarmer ur a moron.. u have completely missed the point of what i said.. and to say that i am just another 'ego' is quite ironic.. i was never saying that i was dissinterested in wat that hernia king bloke had to say.. merely saying that for him to come out and say that he was going to wait til after this week to post his big wrap shows that he has quite an opinion of himself.. to think that us on the bigfooty board are waiting to here what he has to say and not to get too excited because we have to wait until after this weeks action.. and to rclaw 69.. doesnt seem that he is that unbias after hearing that the reds lost to post 'that makes losing to collegians today sound so much better. suck it reds!'

Your an absolute muppet ReDerZZ. Hernia_King gives good insight into football, and at least has the balls to voice his opion. You have bought nothing but stupidity to this forum. Your dead set useless.

i agree with 'benchwarmer' , "hernia king" is only bloke who writes about all clubs in a sense, the rest (or majority) are just Ivanhoe, Trinity or Banyule scum talking up there awesum 19's team.

I'm sorry, did i miss all the posts where ivanhoe have been talking themselves up? i believe they are the only, or one of only a few teams who havent jumped online and arrogantly stretched their fingers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back