Movie Underrated Movies

Remove this Banner Ad

started looking, but not going to be paying for movies, so a little more tricky, when you said sites would be listed i thought you meant torrent sites

Okay, I know nothing about downloading movies, plus it's against Bigfooty rules to advertise such sites.

Every one of my movies has been either purchased or swapped for.

Okay, I know nothing about downloading movies, plus it's against Bigfooty rules to advertise such sites.

Every one of my movies has been either purchased or swapped for.

yep yep, using the list as a catalogue and doing some digging, make no mistake, effort was/is appreciated :thumbsu:

Buffalo 66
The Indian Runner
Personal Best
Snow Cake
Trust (1990)
The Viscous Kind
Blue Car
The Cure (1995)
Over the Edge
Running on Empty (1988)
The Mission
Firelight
Falling Down
Auto Focus
Come and See
Days of Being Wild
Pure
A River Runs Through It
Last Night (1998)
World's Greatest Dad
Home Room
Conversations With Other Women
The Be All and End All
The First Day of the Rest of Your Life
Head-on (2004)
Slums of Beverlly Hills
Comrades Almost a Love Story
Saving Face
Don't Worry I'm Fine

I love you Phillip Morris - I can understand why some ppl would be turned off by this film due to its strong homosexual themes, but I found it really funny in parts and somewhat tragic too. Some classic Jim Carrey moments to be had as he hams it up to a tee. Sad because the movie is actually based on a true story. Love for some people becomes obsession.

Dogma - I find this the funniest Kevin Smith film out of the lot. So many great characters and very sharp and witty dialogue. Christians hate it which is also a bonus.

Field of Dreams - If you build it he will come. The tale of how a man finds a supernatural connection to his dead father. Powerful film if the theme resonates with you and your life. As my own father passed away some years ago I found this movie really knocked me when I first seen it.

One of my favourite American films was a little independent release titled DELUSION. It was released in 1991 and received fairly positive reviews and is generally well liked by those who have seen it (6.2 rating on imdb), but for some reason it has never been released on DVD. I think it got swamped a bit by a couple of other independent films at the time of release, and has been forgotten about. I have an ex-rental video copy but it is now starting to look a little warn.

A couple of other independent releases from the early 90's I also love, but are generally not well known.
RED ROCK WEST and KILL ME AGAIN were two early classics from John Dahl, but his masterpiece was without a doubt THE LAST SEDUCTION, with an amazing performance by Linda Fiorentino. Her femme fatale is very much in the same vein as the classics film noir dames of the 40's and 50's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of my favourite American films was a little independent release titled DELUSION. It was released in 1991 and received fairly positive reviews and is generally well liked by those who have seen it (6.2 rating on imdb), but for some reason it has never been released on DVD. I think it got swamped a bit by a couple of other independent films at the time of release, and has been forgotten about. I have an ex-rental video copy but it is now starting to look a little warn.

A couple of other independent releases from the early 90's I also love, but are generally not well known.
RED ROCK WEST and KILL ME AGAIN were two early classics from John Dahl, but his masterpiece was without a doubt THE LAST SEDUCTION, with an amazing performance by Linda Fiorentino. Her femme fatale is very much in the same vein as the classics film noir dames of the 40's and 50's.

Yes, yes and yes. My favourite neo-noir femme fatale performance (Frances O'Connor in Kiss Or Kill second). Great film

Dark City - One of the best film's I've seen, yet not too many people have seen it.

The Man from Earth - Thought provoking indie flick
The Prestige - Nolan's best work imo.
Benny & Joon
My Dinner with Andre
Cool Hand Luke
Adaptation
25th Hour

Manhunter, directed by Michael Mann.

Made before Silence of the Lambs and it some ways I like it better.

The whole art direction, cinematography and feel just captures the 80s beautifully.

Thank God He Met Lizzie: a little-known 1997 Aus film, starring Richard Roxburgh, Cate Blanchett and Frances O'Connor

Even though it's a cliched rom-com and a bit of a chick flick, it works for me.

As Guy's (Roxburgh) wedding to 'nice' and hoity-toity Lizzie (Blanchett) looms, he reflects on his previous relationship with more down-to-earth Jenny (O'Connor), wondering if he made a mistake breaking up with her.

Voskhozhdeniye made in 1977 (aka The Ascent) a Russian film about Soviet partisans fighting the Germans in WW2, absolutely magnificent.

The Missiles of October made in 1974 an American film about the Cuban missile crisis which uses Robert F. Kennedy's book as reference.

Ah, yokaren made in 1968 (aka The Young Eagles of the Kamikaze) a Japanese film about the desperate last stages of WW2 for the Japanese and the measures they felt compelled to take, ala the suicide planes, flying bombs with just enough fuel to reach the target. Young men new in flight school who have learned how to take off and fly, but landing was something not taught.

She Goes To War made in 1929, originally as a silent film, but like so many in that transition period, it was converted to sound with additional sequences filmed. Unfortunately much of this film has been lost, probably forever, but the sound pieces are left and what an impact they make. Everyone knows and loves All Quiet on the Western Front, well this is just as good, just as powerful, but sadly unknown because of it's partial lost label.

Nobi made in 1959 (aka Fires on the Plain) a Japanese film about the remnants of the Japanese Army left in the Philipines as the end of WW2 is approaching. Confronting all of man's base emotions and deeds as they try to survive with dwindling supplies of ammunition and no food, what they resort to, how one man tries to remain human.

Biruma no tategoto made in 1956 (aka The Burmese Harp) another Japanese film about the final days of WW2, this time in Burma and how one Japanese must try to convince a company of Japanese soldiers to surrender as the war is lost, but he fails.

Western Approaches made in 1944 in England, a film about the men in the merchant navy going up against the Nazi wolfpack subs. No actors are used, just real men acting out their real jobs in a real war which makes for a harrowing film.

That's just a couple of must see films.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back