Unpopular AFL Opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo are a better team when Fyfe is sitting in the stands and this isnt the first season that's been the case

Freo as a decent bottom 8 team were too scared to play Fyfe forward so as not to weaken the midfield.

Freo as an 8-3 side with Fyfe not having featured should bring him in in a week or two and play him forward permanently. He will regrettably improve their team.

Fyfe will be needed in the middle when it rains (they should revert to Fyfe centric “game plan”), he was mercurial as a half forward in 2011, needs to watch his games from that season and get inspired

I agree but under the condition a second year player can win it if they have played less than 5 games in their debut season only.
....so you don't agree? :p

I just think it'd be good to have somewhat of an even playing field between all eligible contestants. Currently you've got 21 year old on their 3rd pre season up against 18/19 year olds 4 months into a career.

Keep the 21 year old age limit but 1st years only.

Yeah that 100 minutes of football definitely proved that. The prelim the week before where he had 27 touches, 15 contested, 2.0 on the scoreboard - that 100 minutes didn’t show anything but the 100 minutes the following week proved it
Untwist ya knickers mate, was more a reference to wasting opportunities in front of goal which Fyfe clearly did at the start of the 2013 granny. Trust me, I was watching it with a heap of dickhead Hawk mates and was shattered when he was spraying them all over the shop.

Untwist ya knickers mate, was more a reference to wasting opportunities in front of goal which Fyfe clearly did at the start of the 2013 granny. Trust me, I was watching it with a heap of dickhead Hawk mates and was shattered when he was spraying them all over the shop.

Blanket statements like that are simply silly mate.

Can he kick? Well he’s a damn sight better than a lot of players. His goal kicking accuracy is not brilliant nor is it vastly inferior to most players and while his general disposal by foot is not done with laser like precision, he suffers from his kicking being judged relative to, and against the rest of his skill set.

Having an off day in one big game proves nothing

94 % of people demanding a team in Tasmania will lose interest as soon as they get their way. They won't support the team or be there in the stands by round 8 when they are drawing 7k fans, can't retain any players under 25, and have dragged the competition down even further by sapping the talent pool of another 40 players.

They will be on to the next fashionable cause and actual AFL fans will be left holding the broken pieces

Yep.

However I want Tas to have a team. But I dont want the comp further diluted.

North obviously is just a tv team for its supporters and it is immaterial where they play. The Dogs are little better. Lets encourage amalgamation of the two.

Tas should get to pick over its choice of the North Western Barkers playing List.

Blanket statements like that are simply silly mate.

Can he kick? Well he’s a damn sight better than a lot of players. His goal kicking accuracy is not brilliant nor is it vastly inferior to most players and while his general disposal by foot is not done with laser like precision, he suffers from his kicking being judged relative to, and against the rest of his skill set.

Having an off day in one big game proves nothing

Although I think it’s a little unfair on Fyfe because he was 21 at the time from memory, he missed some very regulation shots which ultimately cost them, his goal kicking hasn’t improved from then either. His team contributed to the loss as well but choking like that in a final does mean he couldn’t handle the pressure of the biggest game of the year. This is why norm smiths are a big deal to win and separates the men from the boys to a degree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep.

However I want Tas to have a team. But I dont want the comp further diluted.

North obviously is just a tv team for its supporters and it is immaterial where they play. The Dogs are little better. Lets encourage amalgamation of the two.

Tas should get to pick over its choice of the North Western Barkers playing List.
dogs can stay as at least theyre 1 of only 2 teams representing the west of melbourne. the west is already ignored by gov enough as it is, let alone being further ignored by sports.

a landlocked suburb between 2 freeways, the only major park/zoo/hospital and the cbd, which is only ever lived in by temporary overseas students or rich people. now theres a recipe for growth.....

Although I think it’s a little unfair on Fyfe because he was 21 at the time from memory, he missed some very regulation shots which ultimately cost them, his goal kicking hasn’t improved from then either. His team contributed to the loss as well but choking like that in a final does mean he couldn’t handle the pressure of the biggest game of the year. This is why norm smiths are a big deal to win and separates the men from the boys to a degree.

F*** me dead mate how is the psychology and counselling industry coping without you to guide it?

Missing a goal doesn’t equal a choke.

Missing a goal BECAUSE the occasion causes you to miss it is a choke. Cameron Mooney choked in front of goal in 2008 and has admitted as much.

I know you’re busting to drop the Richmond player’s name into the discussion for no reason at all but you badly need to educate yourself on more fields than I can possibly name.

Fyfe's accuracy probably looks better than it is, as out on the full kicks aren't included in the stats.

John Butcher kicked at 66% in his career, based on the goals to behinds maths.

F*** me dead mate how is the psychology and counselling industry coping without you to guide it?

Missing a goal doesn’t equal a choke.

Missing a goal BECAUSE the occasion causes you to miss it is a choke. Cameron Mooney choked in front of goal in 2008 and has admitted as much.

I know you’re busting to drop the Richmond player’s name into the discussion for no reason at all but you badly need to educate yourself on more fields than I can possibly name.
oh look, a geelong fan turning a post by a richmond supporter into another 'teh lulz richmond supporters you suck and richmond sucks' whinge.

get some new material.

Top clubs should have a bigger soft cap than bottom clubs - thanks Damien!
May as well make it the same for the TPP too.
This time last year everyone was potting Hardwick because he made the statement that perhaps we should consider a midyear trade period to complement the midyear draft. Twelve months later Dangerfield states the same thing and the media sit up and take notice and say "could be a good idea Patrick".

It does seem a tad unfair that some clubs can have more coaches "on their list" than others. At least with the playing group all clubs are restricted to 38 on their main roster. And longer-serving senior coaches should be eligible for a higher salary based on experience and performance.

But I'll just wait and see what Patrick Dangerfield thinks before I properly establish my opinion.

Top clubs should have a bigger soft cap than bottom clubs - thanks Damien!
May as well make it the same for the TPP too.
That's not what he said at all :rolleyes:

It was that the experienced senior coaches are paid more, and rightly so, than the 1st, 2nd and 3rd year coaches yet still have the same bucket to pay the rest of their assistants with what's left over. In any workplace the more knowledge and experience you have the better compensated you usually are (or at least should be), it's just not usually at the cost of pay cuts for your colleagues.

I don't think you can have the whole senior coaches wage outside of the cap but a percentage maybe.

I'm gonna add to my the dockers are better with Fyfe sitting in the stands opinion.

The Dockers are better when Fyfe and Walters are sitting in the stand.

Rising star should be for best 1st year players only.
Either this or make it anyone under 20/21. Why do players get punished for being good enough to play more than 10 games in their debut season while players who only develop in their 2nd or 3rd years get an advantage?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back