Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Awesome result. Title is now in Arsenal’s hands, thank you United! And now realising the bitterness that accompanies support/praise of United….

9oWEi-TqfOc_MvRhXScDntge72M=.gif

That goal is all time. From one of the all time greats. Especially in the context of what happened that week prior. Bridge’s goal and bowing out of the CL that way. These write ups really do take me back in time.

That goal is all time. From one of the all time greats. Especially in the context of what happened that week prior. Bridge’s goal and bowing out of the CL that way. These write ups really do take me back in time.

Yes, except this commentary is SO much better.

It's my favourite piece of commentary ever.

Still got the VHS tape of this. Unbelievable goal, I can hear the call now - "side stepping one, side stepping two..... that is brilliant, that is simply stunning!" Tingles every time.

Still got the VHS tape of this. Unbelievable goal, I can hear the call now - "side stepping one, side stepping two..... that is brilliant, that is simply stunning!" Tingles every time.
GENIUS AT WORK, HIS NAME IS THIERRY HENRY!

Yes, except this commentary is SO much better.

It's my favourite piece of commentary ever.

Hard to beat Bear Cum 98' for mine.

Funny reading some of the reactions to the way we played against Man City. Arsenal of old under Wenger would have gone to City, tried to play OUR brand of football and be battered 4-1. Everyone would then criticize Wenger, rightly or wrongly, for being naive and having no plan B.

Arteta has shown he's clearly planning each match on its merits. He has a style he wants Arsenal to play, but is willing to tweak it depending on the opponent. The comments after the Brighton game, that De Zebri set up against Liverpool a way they never did before and then tried the same against Arsenal but we were prepared for it and dominated them 0-3 shows the detail Arteta and his team are at tactically.

It will be very interesting to see what kind of game we get against Bayern tonight. History shows an Arsenal of old would try to play our brand of football and try to go toe to toe with the very best of Europe. But I wouldn't be surprised to see another tactical game like the one used against Man City away tonight. I think Arteta will look to contain Bayern and play a counter attacking game, rather than the high possession game against Brighton.

But we will see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back