Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I can’t shake off these vibes from around a decade ago, the match where Sanogo started. Brilliant opening. The crowd were up for it. Should’ve been up then got the penalty that Ozil didn’t take well and it was saved. It all went to shit from there, they didn’t handle the emotional toll of that early setback well.

Very uncharacteristic this. Could highlight 3 to 4 errors in the lead up to each goal.

My boy.
Premier League Win GIF by Play Sports

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With no away fans in the stadium, the comparative form of both teams in the lead up, and with the second leg in Munich - they’d be ecstatic with this result I’d say.

Similar to the Porto tie, Arsenal very much showing nerves and inexperience during this matches. Whilst that’s not unexpected given for many this is their first champions league campaign; these are the crucial differences as you go deeper and deeper in the competition.

For example Raya, from looking imperious in the Porto penalty shootout, completely lost his composure in those key moments. He wouldn’t want to see that replay of the penalty, he essentially conceded before the kick was taken.

Arsenal surely will be much better in Munich from this experience.

Selection for Villa becomes important too. I think Jorginho needs to play in Munich. He cannot he expected to do 3 starts in a week so would imagine Partey starts this weekend.

Last edited:
With no away fans in the stadium, the comparative form of both teams in the lead up, and with the second leg in Munich - they’d be ecstatic with this result I’d say.

Similar to the Porto tie, Arsenal very much showing nerves and inexperience during this matches. Whilst that’s not unexpected given for many this is their first champions league campaign; these are the crucial differences as you go deeper and deeper in the competition.

For example Raya, from looking imperious in the Porto penalty shootout, completely lost his composure in those key moments. He wouldn’t want to see that replay of the penalty, he essentially conceded before the kick was taken.

Arsenal surely will be much better in Munich from this experience.

Selection for Villa becomes important too. I think Jorginho needs to play in Munich. He cannot he expected to do 3 starts in a week so would imagine Partey starts this weekend.
Play our best team available vs villa
We need them 3pts

I think this is necessary, but concerns me greatly. Partey has looked a mile of the pace since his return.

He looks so far off it doesn’t he, I know he needs minutes and match fitness and the club isn’t rushing him back given he’ll get injured again. However he seems to be turned too often and bypassed too easily - as de Bruyne ruthlessly exploited last season.

However we need to manage the minutes of Jorginho. He’s gone passed Partey in the pecking order, need to pick and choose correctly though how/when to utilise him.

Another option is ESR into midfield and Rice back to the 6 against Villa.

Play our best team available vs villa
We need them 3pts

Yes I agree. Dropped points against Villa along with a potential European exit next week would be a gut punch for the club.

I thought at first it was a good call by the ref but the more I’ve watched it, you can see Neuer moves his leg towards Saka.

Remove this Banner Ad

Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back