Remove this Banner Ad

Can't see us getting too much with the sales of:
Eddie
Lokonga
Tavares
Nelson
Ramsdale

Best case would be £55 million IMO.

I'd probably sell Vieira too, but I'm not sure the club would do that.

Eddie would be worth 25-30m in today's market IMO.

I highly doubt that. He's on 100k per week, is about to turn 25 and has never scored 5< league goals.

The only teams he would be playing for are bottom sides. Can they afford to pay that much for an unproven player that is on that kind of money?

Nketiah I believe would thrive at another PL club. His wages may be a deterrent however with the money in the premier league at the moment, a number of other clubs could accomodate that. Nelson is on a similar wage I think, however I’d say Nketiah would have more currency on the market than Nelson this summer.

Nketiah I reckon could be alright if he was the main man somewhere (at a small club)

Nelson well... 🤷 Has shown glimpse of a player every now and then.

Ramsdale (my opinion is biased) I think is a great keeper and should get a good price for him 🥺

Sounds like 7 Hag is getting the arse. Shame. I wished the delusional git would get an extension.

If only that offside goal was incorrectly called onside against us, then none of this would have happened!

Sounds like 7 Hag is getting the arse. Shame. I wished the delusional git would get an extension.

If only that offside goal was incorrectly called onside against us, then none of this would have happened!

It’s been extraordinarily amusing listening to him bring it up as often as he has. The compilations are great. Bloke is obsessed, rent free.

I forgot we have KT, Patino and Marquinhos too. All of the below would likely move on:
Eddie
Lokonga
Tavares
Nelson
Ramsdale
KT
Marquinhos
Patino

Plus potentially:
ESR
Partey
Zinchenko
Vieira
Jesus

That's a lot of pitential deals to work through.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have to sign another midfielder if we sell him. Bruno Guimarães would be ideal, but whatever is happening with Paqueta has seemingly meant City are now eyeing Bruno instead.
I read we aren't targeting him either due to cost and going for someone else instead but cannot remember for the life of me who it said.

I read we aren't targeting him either due to cost and going for someone else instead but cannot remember for the life of me who it said.
The names most commonly mentioned seem to be Kadioglu (left back, versatile), Nico Williams (attacker), Zirkzee (attacker), Zubimendi (defensive midfielder). Guimaeres is often linked with us, but I get the impression (based on nothing but a hunch) that we're not going to pull another £100m transfer. I think we're going to boost our depth. Gyokeres, Sesko and other strikers are often mentioned, but I'm not convinced it's their #1 priority.

I’d imagine all parties are fairly relaxed about it and his extension is a formality. Quite an important piece of business to attend to however this summer, the sooner the better. Particularly with prospective arrivals, it’d be one of their first questions about joining Arsenal.

Don’t believe it’s finalised as yet, however wouldn’t be surprised if those are the terms of the contract. I reckon when he gets back from holiday it will be officially announced.

John Cross is reporting that we are preparing a £45 million deal for Sesko. I know we have been linked with him for a few weeks, but this sounds like the first time it's been reported that we are preparing a bid. The reporting suggests he's got a clause that will expire in July, so we need to wrap it up prior to then.

I have not watched him before outside of some highlights. It seems like he's very highly rated and he is a good size - seemingly something Arteta is liking in a CF at the moment, what with Havertz being tall and with us also being linked to Goyokores.

I see that we have also been linked to Youssouf Fofana from Monaco, who apparently has a release clause of £22 million.

He's a 24 year old DM that seems to be good both defensively and also good with progressing the ball. It seems like an absolute no-brainer from me at that price, especially as it seems like we are wanting to be frugal this window.

Last edited:
On another note - Nwaneri scored a nice goal (again) for England U17's.

He's probably too young to go out on loan, and it too good for the juniors. Hopefully he gets some playing time this season.

Yes I can envisage a scenario where he has a pathway to some minutes next season.

When you look at the combined minutes of Nketiah, Nelson and ESR in the second half of the season, it was quite paltry really. Perhaps if two of them are sold, they don’t necessarily need replacing and that creates a pathway in for Nwaneri. He can play wide or as an Odegaard understudy. Would much rather those minutes go towards Nwaneri.

Would love to see him integrated somehow next season. I’m very very impressed when I see him play.

Sometimes a player and a club just click for a variety of reasons. I think Sancho has found his home again at Dortmund, hard to know if that can be replicated in London. Can’t see it happening. I have no doubt that under a manager like Arteta who has improved a number of players from his individual coaching, there’s a hell of a player in there.

hard to know if that can be replicated in London.

He will be playing for a much better manager than he was in Manchester.

I agree it is unlikely, given other priorities, but he would be a handy guy swapping with both Martinelli and Saka. We need to improve the players outside the first 14, and he would be a massive upgrade on Nelsen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back