Society/Culture US Evangelical Pat robertson on Haiti Quake: Haitians made deal with Devil.

Remove this Banner Ad

Your efforts into trying to skew a known and factual answer into one that fits your beliefs is fail. I don't know why anyone disputes that the 20th century brought unprecedented levels of death as well as other ills.
The info should be pretty easy for you guys to find.

Who believes that what I'm saying is not fact, and who's debating me on this because I'm a theist and therefore they must oppose?
No one disputes that the 20thC saw an unprecedented level of killing in absolute numbers.

However, the world was far more deadly prior to the 20thC.

At last someone who answered the question directly. If you said it couldn't be disputed, I don't know why you jumped around the question with your first and subsequent answers in the first place. Either the 20th century was, or it wasn't.
It's not as black and white as that. Proportions killed is also a reflection of how dangerous something is.

For example, in a population of 10 million, disease A kills 10 thousand people.

In a population of 100,000 people, disease B kills 5 thousand people.

Which one was deadlier?

Your efforts into trying to skew a known and factual answer into one that fits your beliefs is fail. I don't know why anyone disputes that the 20th century brought unprecedented levels of death as well as other ills.
The info should be pretty easy for you guys to find.

Who believes that what I'm saying is not fact, and who's debating me on this because I'm a theist and therefore they must oppose?
Heavens, Tesseract!
Your statements are not FACT. They are rhetorical anecdotes only and you have consistently refused to substantiate or qualify them! THAT is the reason many people are arguing with you - not because you're a Christian (at least of sorts), but because much of your reasoning is flawed.
It appears that your own pugnacious line is driven by a need to provoke those holding a different view: to stick out your chin and dare anyone to hit it! A little immature, actually.

Many of us would understand your immutable faith in the literal truth of biblical text, we just don't have to accept it ourselves - theists and atheists alike. You can hold onto them, just concede us the right to hold ours.
So I'm asking you to discuss the issue, support your point, but not to ram it down our throats.

Also, PR might have a point in regards to the whole freeing from the French. If they had of stuck with the frogs they would not be poor and many lives would have been saved from disasters like this.

They would have been better equipped to handle it.

Calls it a "Blessing in disguise"
I wouldn't expect anything less from this scumbag. Just as I wouldn't from Rush Limbaugh when he urged his listeners not to donate money to Haiti because he believes that President Obama is using the catastrophe to promote his political fortunes.
Granted, Pat makes so questionable remarks but the left is also quick to forget the funds he is sending over to the victims.
And what funds are they? The money Robertson made in his illegal diamond mining business dealings with former murdering, torturing, raping, enslaving Liberian President Charles Taylor? Maybe the money he made from his business dealings with dictator Mobutu Sese Seko of Zaire. To suggest that Haitians may have made a pact with the devil is hypocrisy at it's finest.
I think they are being taken out of context, at least some of them are. He just means out of tragedy comes opportunity.
Pat Robertson is a hateful, scaremongering, parasite that thrives on taking advantage on the misfortune of others.

Just another day at the office for the US.
Indeed.

President Obama, in keeping with his CIA lineage, has permitted the Pentagon under Robert Gates to take charge of the humanitarian relief efforts in Haiti.

As Cuban and Venezuelan field hospitals were already rendering first aid and trauma care to Haitians injured in the mega-quake, Obama was gathered at a White House photo op with Vice President Joe Biden and other Cabinet officers to state that U.S. military reconnaissance aircraft would fly over Haiti to assess the situation from the air. A U.S. P-3 Orion spy plane from Comalapa air base in El Salvador was dispatched to conduct the surveillance operation, an act that was already being accomplished by earth satellites, the images of which were available on Google Maps.

As Obama was garnering praise from such sycophantic White House outlets as the largely-discredited Washington Post, a 37-person Icelandic search-and-rescue team was pulling trapped earthquake victims from the rubble of collapsed buildings in Port-au-Prince. Iceland, a nation bankrupted by Obama’s banker pals on Wall Street and in the City of London, was able to react in a way that the slumbering and oafish dying super-power, the United States, could not -- with action aimed at providing immediate assistance to the Haitian people.

Indeed.

President Obama, in keeping with his CIA lineage, has permitted the Pentagon under Robert Gates to take charge of the humanitarian relief efforts in Haiti.

As Cuban and Venezuelan field hospitals were already rendering first aid and trauma care to Haitians injured in the mega-quake, Obama was gathered at a White House photo op with Vice President Joe Biden and other Cabinet officers to state that U.S. military reconnaissance aircraft would fly over Haiti to assess the situation from the air. A U.S. P-3 Orion spy plane from Comalapa air base in El Salvador was dispatched to conduct the surveillance operation, an act that was already being accomplished by earth satellites, the images of which were available on Google Maps.

As Obama was garnering praise from such sycophantic White House outlets as the largely-discredited Washington Post, a 37-person Icelandic search-and-rescue team was pulling trapped earthquake victims from the rubble of collapsed buildings in Port-au-Prince. Iceland, a nation bankrupted by Obama’s banker pals on Wall Street and in the City of London, was able to react in a way that the slumbering and oafish dying super-power, the United States, could not -- with action aimed at providing immediate assistance to the Haitian people.

*ponders briefly the ridiculous notion of whether Fox News will cover this aspect of the tragedy*
Despite of all of their Obama hate, they have cranked out the Star Spangled banner when they have covered Haiti.

It's not as black and white as that. Proportions killed is also a reflection of how dangerous something is.

For example, in a population of 10 million, disease A kills 10 thousand people.

In a population of 100,000 people, disease B kills 5 thousand people.

Which one was deadlier?

Wars not as deadly as they used to be, UN told

WARS are less deadly than they once were and national mortality rates have continued to decline even during conflicts due to smaller scale fighting and better healthcare, a report said.

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-new.../story-e6frfku0-1225822052152?from=public_rss

Remove this Banner Ad

Back