Society/Culture US Evangelical Pat robertson on Haiti Quake: Haitians made deal with Devil.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fuzzy Wuzzy Bear

Premiership Player
Oct 28, 2004
New Eden
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Calls it a "Blessing in disguise"

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/haitians-made-a-pact-with-the-devil-pat-robertson/story-e6frg6so-1225819420988

WASHINGTON: US evangelical preacher Pat Robertson has laid the blame for the devastating earthquake on the Haitians themselves, saying the country "swore a pact to the devil" to escape French rule in the 18th century.Haitians were originally "under the heel of the French. You know, Napoleon the third, or whatever. And they got together and swore a pact to the devil," said the former US presidential candidate.

"They said, `We will serve you if you will get us free from the French'. True story. And so the devil said, `OK, it's a deal'. Ever since, they have been cursed by one thing after the other."

[YOUTUBE]f5TE99sAbwM[/YOUTUBE]

Granted, Pat makes so questionable remarks but the left is also quick to forget the funds he is sending over to the victims. I think they are being taken out of context, at least some of them are. He just means out of tragedy comes opportunity.

This is not about left or right.

It is about right and wrong and his comments are wrong on every level.

The guy is a disgrace and the many wonderful Christians in the world have to deal with his outbursts on far too regular a basis.

The problem with people like Pat Robertson is that he is listened to, and even respected by some people, rather than locked safely away in a straight jacket.

I mean, you substitue the word 'Haydes' or 'Evil Wizard' or 'Aliens', for 'devil' and he sounds like a nutter. They have had about as much impact on Haiti as the devil!

However if he expresses it in christian theology, people listen!

I suppose it's evidentiary but Pat Robertson would've been kicked out of the temple a long time ago. Clearly he is anti-Jesus-a corporate spin doctor who uses religion to make lotsa moolah. And they're are lotsa dumb rednecks willing to give it to the ridiculous old bastard. Ho-hum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Granted, Pat makes so questionable remarks but the left is also quick to forget the funds he is sending over to the victims. I think they are being taken out of context, at least some of them are. He just means out of tragedy comes opportunity.

For the honor of your god you should disown him.

Christians I know simply say of Pat he aint no Christian and has no clue what he's talking about.

He is clearly lying for publicity Kevin, surly your god would call that a huge sin, or do you think there are merits in his comments.

Does blaming the Haiti quake on global warming, climate change and failure to get an agreement in Copenhagen make you a disgusting old prick also?

[youtube]a2ft5JkNWJA[/youtube]

when I worked night shift i used to half listen to the US god botherers on the tv during my lunch breaks as they were slightly better than danoz direct, and this s**t they spoke was unbeleiveable, Jerry Springer was somewhat credible compared to these guys, they basically said that god spoke through them and they could perform miracles on his behalf, and "...if you donate $$$ to the mission/cause you to could feel the power of jesus/lord..."

^^ Did you listen to the clip, he just said that these are the sorts of disaster scenarios we might have to deal with in the future, he didn't "blame it on climate change"

Does blaming the Haiti quake on global warming, climate change and failure to get an agreement in Copenhagen make you a disgusting old prick also?

It would if anyone had actually said that, you braindead ****ing numpty :rolleyes:

Take your pathetic attempts at political point scoring to a climate change thread if that's what you want to talk about

No, but it is jus tthe common theme of ignoring all the good done.

That's basically been the story of the Athiest left's life when talking about Religion.

We never hear your opinion of the Atheist Right. Is this the only topic on which you have none? Do you think the DLP will win the next federal election?

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/285666

Hmmm, no articles had direct quotes but say he said it because funds wouldn't get there.

I've listening to a few youtube vids of his first broadcast and he does make out some Obama conspiracy.

Not sure if many people here would be interested as it goes for 6 minutes, but many yanks must loyally swallow this stuff.

[YOUTUBE]8mdx_eSDSM0 [/YOUTUBE]

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/285666

Hmmm, no articles had direct quotes but say he said it because funds wouldn't get there.

I've listening to a few youtube vids of his first broadcast and he does make out some Obama conspiracy.

Not sure if many people here would be interested as it goes for 6 minutes, but many yanks must loyally swallow this stuff.

Here ya go

Limbaugh stands by his Haiti remarks, tells critical caller she’s a ‘bigot’ with ‘tampons in her ears.’ »

Yesterday, hate radio host Rush Limbaugh controversially said that President Obama was going to try to use the devastating Haitian earthquake to boost his credibility with the “light-skinned and dark-skinned black community” in the United States. He also argued against government aid for the nation. Today, a woman named “April” from Paducah, KY called into Limbaugh’s show and asked where he got the “cojones” to make such statements. Limbaugh insisted that he never meant to discourage private donations to Haiti, but stood by his remarks that Obama will try to exploit the disaster for political gain:
RUSH: No, I’m not evading it at all. If I said it I meant to say it, and I do believe that everything is political to this president. Everything this president sees is a political opportunity, including Haiti, and he will use it to burnish his credentials with minorities in this country and around the world, and to accuse Republicans of having no compassion. [...]
CALLER: [A]re you implying that the Huffington Post as the one and only resource that I [read]? I even watch Fox News once in a while.
RUSH: No, no, no, no, no. I’m not implying that. … What I’m illustrating here is that you’re a blockhead. What I’m illustrating here is that you’re a closed-minded bigot who is ill-informed. … And if you had listened to this program for a modicum of time you would know it. But instead you’re a blockhead. You’re mind is totally closed. You have tampons in your ears. Nothing is getting through other than the biased crap that you read.
Limbaugh also pointed out that it took Obama “three days to go out and talk about the Christmas Day underwear bomber,” but “less than 18 hours to get out there and start rallying people about this earthquake.” Listen here:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back