News Vale Danny Frawley

Remove this Banner Ad

Good article by Damo

Sliding Doors: IF Spud is gone ... THEN

a new low for the purple flog. using spud's death as clickbait for his shitty sliding doors column.

Sliding Doors: IF Spud is gone ... THEN

a new low for the purple flog. using spud's death as clickbait for his s**tty sliding doors column.
Probably more likely the AFL.com.au editor than Barrett himself, but extremely poor taste - particularly the app notification. Barrett's piece on Frawley in the article was fine.

That’s the afl.com editor not damo, damo was good mates with him. Terrible wording from afl.com, 360 was unbelievable to watch, so raw, Garry was on this morning and spoke really well, was great radio, he also mentioned about how many people have gotten in touch with him asking how he was, which he was thankful for

As hard as it was watching and as sad as the circumstances are, deny, deny, deny, violence, s**t tips, farting and sending incoherent texts (generally to the correct person) had me laughing pretty hard.

Great work fellas, that's what you hang onto.

Myself and all my lifelong mates are the same age bracket as these blokes and we have the same infantile sense of humour that made it so easy to relate to.

I think I heard someone on the radio say that the funeral is on Wednesday.
I'd be very surprised if there wasn't a public part of it, even if it's on another day

I wouldn't expect to go inside the church but it would be nice to be over the road or something to help send him off. Hopefully there's something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No.

It’s categorically suicide.

I’ve seen the tyre tracks from the scene.

Sadly true. A close friend (well known Melbourne lawyer) has seen the forensic CIU report and the preliminary conclusion was; 'there is no evidence at the scene to suggest the driver was not at any stage in full control of the vehicle.'

Sadly true. A close friend (well known Melbourne lawyer) has seen the forensic CIU report and the preliminary conclusion was; 'there is no evidence at the scene to suggest the driver was not at any stage in full control of the vehicle.'
Just listening to the way people are talking about him it's clearly a man who's taken his own life.

That's what I had heard myself on Tuesday from an ex Saints player. He said Danny's mate had not so ironically had committed suicide himself.
Wow this has freaked me out.
12 years ago my cousin was in a real bad place and he was very much spud like he was funny, immensely popular, great sportsman etc and just the knowledge that he was in such a bad place seemed impossible.
One of his mates got caught in a situation quite suddenly and it was going to have life changing implications. He was calmed down (been drinking also) but once everyone went to bed drove to the Westgate and jumped off. A very sudden and unexpected suicide.
My cousin in particular not only took it hard but he was livid with him,. “How could he the weak so and so” and many other things were uttered.
Two weeks later he drove his car to the exact same spot, left some of the very same stuff in the very same spot and manner in the car, same time of day and ..yep.

Anyone else hear BT's story last night about playing against Danny while trying to get one more goal for his 100 in a season?

The joke was that Danny had NFI why BT got 2 soft frees to finally get the goal he needed, and being so competitive was frothing at the mouth furious. BT didn't either, and it turned out that umpire had a bet on it.

I was half asleep at the time so details a bit vague, but it struck me that it wasn't the best story to share. Anyone else hear it?

My mum passed away on 3 months ago and I am still mostly talk about her in the present tense
Sorry for your loss

Wonder if we have the same friend. He was the one who showed me the tyre tracks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back