2nds VFL Round 4 - Geelong v Coburg, Sunday 1pm @ Simonds

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you more interested in the "why he left" or the "why he isn't playing that well"?

Trust me when I say, neither are earth-shattering theories nor have I failed to mention them previously.

I simply doubt homesickness is an cause.
Both

And the answer to both may well be that he isn't simply isn't good enough

Are you more interested in the "why he left" or the "why he isn't playing that well"?

Trust me when I say, neither are earth-shattering theories nor have I failed to mention them previously.

I simply doubt homesickness is an cause.

I could tell you why he isn't playing well.

Both

And the answer to both may well be that he isn't simply isn't good enough
See, it was pretty basic wasn't it. :D

To request a trade to a club who (in my estimation) had the basis of a pretty solid midfield themselves seemed an odd move, especially when citing "more opportunities" as the reason.

I think we all could come up with a couple of sides where opportunity might be more available for a kid like Jansen.

Having a big rig as a midfielder is great and all but that alone isn't going to see a player "make it" at senior level.

Jansen didn't strike me as a player who had good awareness and game sense.

I wish him all the best in his career but I'm not too worried about him no longer being on the list.

From what i have heard Jansen playing NEAFL 2nds averaging around 7 disp a match

Has been getting gradually better. Racked up over 20 touches in NEAFL 1sts last week. Probably needs to string a few together given Keays only made his debut this week and he has been getting over 30
each week.

See, it was pretty basic wasn't it. :D

To request a trade to a club who (in my estimation) had the basis of a pretty solid midfield themselves seemed an odd move, especially when citing "more opportunities" as the reason.

I think we all could come up with a couple of sides where opportunity might be more available for a kid like Jansen.

Having a big rig as a midfielder is great and all but that alone isn't going to see a player "make it" at senior level.

Jansen didn't strike me as a player who had good awareness and game sense.

I wish him all the best in his career but I'm not too worried about him no longer being on the list.
Yeah I agree with all of that .... the fact we tried to develop him in other areas when we were crying out for a contested beast last year set alarm bells off for me

And despite the fact that Gregson was listed as "omitted" from the senior team, he didn't play VFL either.

So was he being managed, or was he a last minute withdrawal from the VFL team because he was sick?

And despite the fact that Gregson was listed as "omitted" from the senior team, he didn't play VFL either.

So was he being managed, or was he a last minute withdrawal from the VFL team because he was sick?
The latter. It's why Vardy went on to the emergency list.

Well we know it wasn't last minute since he was withdrawn from the emergencies on friday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes very good to see.

The most pleasing things were:

He took at least one solid tackle and went to ground hard, top end first and came up unscathed and not shy afterwards.
His kicking in very difficult conditions surprised me. It was very good especially delivering to a player. Kicking low and accurately to advantage.
A couple of good baulks to get thru traffic.

I suspect the high ball drop stuff comes in when he is at full pace and kicking long. Anyway he did, and hence can, kick reasonably well most of the time on that showing - good news.

I though Jansen could be a player TBH but looks like I was wrong other he'd be killing the Neafl, I think people are probably right in saying his footy smarts arn't much and his physical gifts can only take him so far, little odd tough because what i saw in his first season he did look a good footballer not just a big body but has fallen away since maybe he should head to the Wafl and just play footy and maybe he'll get a crack down the line as a mature age.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back