MVP Votes R12 vs Carlton @ ES

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 - Shiel
4 - Ward
3 - Whitfield (that 50 metre penalty though...)
2 - Davis (pure courage)
1 - Kennedy (tried very hard)

Would have given Mummy a vote but that dropped chest mark...Perryman hardly touched it but he did a couple of pressure acts at the end that nearly won it for us...love the kid.

Struggling to find anyone deserving this week ...

5 - Dylan Shiel: for his possessions, contested work, clearances & 2 goals
4 - Aidan Corr: stood tall in defence & had a lot of work to do
3 - Lachie Whitfield: continues to be very solid for us on the wing, great hands and good vision (mostly)
2 - Callan Ward: for his possessions, contested work, clearances & a great goal
1 - Matt de Boer: while those around him were losing their heads, I thought MDB was a steadying influence & was very solid

5. Dylan Shiel
4. Lachie Whitfield
3. Callan Ward- Still think he's in a more invisible defensive role at the moment but he led from the front as always
2. Mummy- Always reliable when things aren't going well his hearts bigger than Phar Laps.
1. Matt De Boer- On effort mostly, but also a steadying influence I thought. He's not a gifted player but he's no bludger.

Last edited:
5 - Kelly - was our only midfielder who played both offence and defence
4 - Whitfield - all round contributor
3 - Shiel - dominant in the clearances
2 - Greene - despite poor finishing, was our only forward who consistently looked like winning a contest
1 - Corr - stout defence

Vastly different viewpoint for me than normal for votes, I'm normally either at home or high enough in the stands to see what's happening.
This week we sat on the boundary line behind the posts and relied on Sports Ears for information, no way I'm watching a replay so here goes :p

5 Whitfield - Seemed to be the key in most links that worked.
4 Shiel - Extractor humungous
3 Corr - With Phil hobbling for 3 quarters Apples well and truly stood up
2 Kelly - Wasn't as prolific as normal, but his defensive work appeared outstanding and head and shoulders above any other mid on ground from either side
1 MDB - Never though I'd be typing this in, but his effort was unquestionable.

FWIW Marchbank would have got 5 if he hadn't swapped jumpers.

Can I vote? If so…

5. Shiel. Awesome. 2 goals, 32 possessions, 8 clearances, started like a machine and pretty much continued all day.
4. Corr. Thought he was the standout in defence. Can’t recall him losing too many contests, and also had it 17 times and went at 88%. Great game.
3. Whitfield. Certainly elevated his game to new levels. Winning more of the ball, and more contested footy. 11 score involvements; his workrate was huge.
2. Mumford. Thought he was the main reason behind the midfield domination, continuously gave first use.
1. Kelly. Not quite as damaging, and a few uncharacteristic misses in front of goal prevented him from having a better game.

Can I vote? If so…

5. Shiel. Awesome. 2 goals, 32 possessions, 8 clearances, started like a machine and pretty much continued all day.
4. Corr. Thought he was the standout in defence. Can’t recall him losing too many contests, and also had it 17 times and went at 88%. Great game.
3. Whitfield. Certainly elevated his game to new levels. Winning more of the ball, and more contested footy. 11 score involvements; his workrate was huge.
2. Mumford. Thought he was the main reason behind the midfield domination, continuously gave first use.
1. Kelly. Not quite as damaging, and a few uncharacteristic misses in front of goal prevented him from having a better game.

For sure, anyone with an exposed interest/following of the team is welcome to

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5. Dylan Shiel
4. Lachie Whitfield
3. Callan Ward- Still think he's in a more invisible defensive role at the moment but he led from the front as always
4. Mummy- Always reliable when things aren't going well his hearts bigger than Phar Laps.
5. Matt De Boer- On effort mostly, but also a steadying influence I thought. He's not a gifted player but he's no bludger.

Is that the FIFA voting scale Bokonon? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back