Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

lol that vote count was bullshit

I don't think so. I suspect there would've been a bit of branch stacking by the club. Nothing 'official' of course but lots of 'unofficial' suggestions to players and staff to make sure they got their vote in and make sure friends and family members also got votes in. They could easily get a couple of thousand votes for Abernethy just by doing that.

Tredrea was the successful candidate in the Director election with 50.9% of the ballots, with Bruce Abernethy receiving 49.1%. Only 199 votes separated the two candidates.

1.8% = 199 votes 100% = 199/0.018 = 11,055 people voted.

I think there is rounding

The voting tally reported makes zero sense. Usually only 3,000~ members vote in these elections and this time it jumps to a massive 10,000... and they're saying a lot of that jump was due to members really wanting Bruce / really not wanting Warren? Yerite.
Well don't forget about Kochie's ability to proxy votes in - I guess he thought that 4000 extra votes would be enough

Imagine how lopsided it would be if they didnt pull the "vote stacking 2024 members cant vote farken" bullshit. * this club. Go get them Tredders.

"Tredrea was the successful candidate in the Director election with 50.9% of the ballots, with Bruce Abernethy receiving 49.1%"
. This club is ****ed. How can it even be that close? We have the most moronic supporter base at the moment (or at least half of it).
staggering its that close

dont know anyone that voted for Abba

with those numbers I'm not sure we will ever return to a ruthless win at all costs club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

staggering its that close

dont know anyone that voted for Abba

with those numbers I'm not sure we will ever return to a ruthless win at all costs club.

Was just speaking to someone who has a shop and knows Port players (ex) and also a lot of Port supporters, plenty don't like Ken but they also voted for Abba.

Perhaps a different age demographic voted for Abba, perhaps older heads who see financial stability and might think Warren will rock the boat and upset the finances?

No idea...

I don't think so. I suspect there would've been a bit of branch stacking by the club. Nothing 'official' of course but lots of 'unofficial' suggestions to players and staff to make sure they got their vote in and make sure friends and family members also got votes in. They could easily get a couple of thousand votes for Abernethy just by doing that.
Yes, I don't doubt the numbers are correct. I trust the process. But I am sure the club exerted some sort of influence to get Abba some votes. Still... too close. Happy that Tredrea won, but I big deflated by Abernethy/Koch/Ken's popularity with half of our membership base.

The voting tally reported makes zero sense. Usually only 3,000~ members vote in these elections and this time it jumps to a massive 10,000... and they're saying a lot of that jump was due to members really wanting Bruce / really not wanting Warren? Yerite.
It is weird.

Port Adelaide is pleased to confirm former AFL premiership captain Warren Tredrea has been elected to join the club’s board for a three-year term.​

Season 3 GIF by Parks and Recreation

Warren asking the right questions on the board and challenging things that may pf previously not been challenged is a good thing.

Warren being on the board after saying what he did last year gives a new edge to seeing him around the club as someone who actually 'had an opinion' and wasn't afraid to stick his neck out.

Whether he won by won vote doesn't matter at all now and will be forgotten quickly.

Move on people, it serves no purpose whining about the margin, he's there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back