Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

“How could Nixon have won? Nobody I know voted for him.”

I think this board wildly underestimates the Facebook using, mostly Boomer, lap up everything the club says, “support da club” cohort. Also, including some for whom this was a one-issue election (Tredrea’s vaccine stance)

When you berate pretty much anyone who has this view off the board (and so be it, just saying), of course you’re going to end up with a fairly one-sided discourse on the board

Anyway, good result. Hopefully accountability is back on the menu

"Tredrea was the successful candidate in the Director election with 50.9% of the ballots, with Bruce Abernethy receiving 49.1%"
. This club is ****ed. How can it even be that close? We have the most moronic supporter base at the moment (or at least half of it).
Those figures are completely manufactured, they must think people are as dumb as, I spoke to about 40 Port members before the vote and not one was voting for Bruce Abernethy NOT ONE.

I didn't renew for 2023 so couldn't vote. I expect any others in the same boat would have voted for WGT if they could have. How many votes would that have added to Warren's tally? Who knows, especially when we supposedly broke all membership records last year.

I know a few people that think the club is in a terrible position and that Hinkley's position is a real concern, yet still voted Abba purely because of Tredrea's personality/recent decisions.

As such, the fact that he won, despite those sort of elements, demonstrates how big the majority is that this club calls 'white noise'.

Suck on that white noise Kochie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aber being this close reminds me of that Simpsons episode where Sideshow Bob is caught having dead people and pets voting for him.

*Sorry I don't have any references from the past 20 years.

I wouldn’t want an independent review of the voting process.

The number of “I got to vote but shouldn’t have” or “I can’t vote but am entitled” on this site alone raises a fair amount of smoke.

Looking forward to tonight's rodeo when WGT is officially introduced. Sure there will be murmurs from the crowd and cries from the back to hold the bastards to account.

“How could Nixon have won? Nobody I know voted for him.”

I think this board wildly underestimates the Facebook using, mostly Boomer, lap up everything the club says, “support da club” cohort. Also, including some for whom this was a one-issue election (Tredrea’s vaccine stance)

When you berate pretty much anyone who has this view off the board (and so be it, just saying), of course you’re going to end up with a fairly one-sided discourse on the board

Anyway, good result. Hopefully accountability is back on the menu
-Absolute BS.:mad: Those of us who have been Port Adelaide since the '50s have had a gutful of the pathetic way the current management have destroyed everything that made the Club great.

It's the theatre going types who sit behind glass windows and haven't a clue of what it's like in the stands and treat going to the footy as a social event and are more likely to not rock the boat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back