Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Tredders first act on the board should be to publish the result officially. Prove these numbers are accurate
Yes. Tredrea should prove he's not a crank by making his first act one about how the election that he won was a sham.

I tried this but the rounding works out differently (5302/10,405 = 51.0% and 5103/10,405=49.0%).

I believe its 5296 vs 5109 (or around that mark).
There is only one set of numbers that work. 5302+5103=10405, 5302-5103=199 as per REH's post. Not that it really matters though.

-Absolute BS.:mad: Those of us who have been Port Adelaide since the '50s have had a gutful of the pathetic way the current management have destroyed everything that made the Club great.

It's the theatre going types who sit behind glass windows and haven't a clue of what it's like in the stands and treat going to the footy as a social event and are more likely to not rock the boat.

Mate, read any Facebook post any you’ll find a bunch of Kenny-loving Barry Curtin clones and old dears who are desperate to remind you that Tredders was only ACTING captain (it was Matty 😍 who was pulling the strings for the premiership)

I don’t doubt there is a significant cohort of people, who hold your view (which I share, fwiw) but there is clearly and demonstrably a group on the other side of the fence.

“How could Nixon have won? Nobody I know voted for him.”

I think this board wildly underestimates the Facebook using, mostly Boomer, lap up everything the club says, “support da club” cohort. Also, including some for whom this was a one-issue election (Tredrea’s vaccine stance)

When you berate pretty much anyone who has this view off the board (and so be it, just saying), of course you’re going to end up with a fairly one-sided discourse on the board

Anyway, good result. Hopefully accountability is back on the menu
Na, you hear it in the outer, at every game, the discontent is massive. Many of those anti-Tredrea's stance and happy clappers unhappy at the tenable comment would've lashed out and voted, but I'm convinced that the majority of the supporter base, a clear majority, are really unhappy, despite even if they couldn't be stuffed voting. We've lost all our atmosphere at games, our supporters sigh more than they cheer. I rarely ever talk to anyone out there in real life, other than the very rare happy clapper like you on this board that are happy with the status quo. This board is definitely an extreme example, but it's a sample size that wouldn't be far off the reality.

Last edited:
There is only one set of numbers that work. 5302+5103=10405, 5302-5103=199 as per REH's post. Not that it it really matters though.
Those numbers don't work because they don't round to the 50.9% and 49.1% released by the board in the press conference.

You're correct though now that I double check it - the numbers don't actually add up.

Its not possible to keep a 199 margin between the two figures while still summing to 10,405, yet those particular numbers don't match up with the %s released.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

-Absolute BS.:mad: Those of us who have been Port Adelaide since the '50s have had a gutful of the pathetic way the current management have destroyed everything that made the Club great.

It's the theatre going types who sit behind glass windows and haven't a clue of what it's like in the stands and treat going to the footy as a social event and are more likely to not rock the boat.
It's neither one or the other. I've spoken to guys in the 40-50 age group ( life long supporters, some members) a significant minority not wanting to rock the boat. Conservative thinking and prefered Aber. "Football person" and in they're thinking, would still hold them to account. (Not sure they knew how though)

staggering its that close

dont know anyone that voted for Abba

with those numbers I'm not sure we will ever return to a ruthless win at all costs club.

A lot of oldies would have voted for Bruce

Those numbers don't work because they don't round to the 50.9% and 49.1% released by the board in the press conference.

You're correct though now that I double check it - the numbers don't actually add up.

Its not possible to keep a 199 margin between the two figures while still summing to 10,405, yet those particular numbers don't match up with the %s released.
I know what you mean. They probably round up the %s wrong.

TredreaAbernethyTotalDiff
5302​
5103​
10405​
199​
50.96%​
49.04%​

Mate, read any Facebook post any you’ll find a bunch of Kenny. -loving Barry Curtin clones and old dears who are desperate to remind you that Tredders was only ACTING captain (it was Matty 😍 who was pulling the strings for the premiership)

I don’t doubt there is a significant cohort of people, who hold your view (which I share, fwiw) but there is clearly and demonstrably a group on the other side of the fence.

Agreed. I guess that's what democracy is all about.

Barry Curtain:poo:

So the 199 votes difference came from big footy! Wowee

Can’t believe it. Thought would be a dominant win
Given how close it was I think we can confidently say that if not for a select few on BigFooty working hard behind the scenes we wouldn't have got this result.

Thanks guys. You know who you are.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back