Game Day WC v Adelaide Game Day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Didnt watch. Just checked the scores. Looks like the scoreline flattered us. We wont win the next couple of games people need to deal with it. Too much talent out of the forward line.

Mate that’s fine, everyone is entitled to post what they like. Just the fact you’ve ignored our 10 straight because none of them count, and are now repeatedly piling on Simmo and Simmo alone in the losses.

You can be critical of Simpson and our coaching staff, our decisions, our ability to hold our nerve. All of those things are fine. But have a bit of nuance about it, not everything is the worst it’s ever been.

Simmo is the luckiest bloke alive given, in your mind, he is an absolutely horrendous coach. Most people never even get to coach a game of footy, and Simmo fluked his way to a Grand Final, a 10 games straight streak and has never had a losing season in his coaching life. He should buy a lotto ticket.

So the coach should wear no blame for us being mentally unprepared for the Essendon game (also the 2015 GF very similar)? And wear no blame for going negative after having the game at our mercy today? Of course he deserves praise for the 10 wins, but why is he immune from criticism? I don't see anyone calling for him to be sacked, but there are areas that he needs to work on.

Nobody was having a crack at Simpson when we were 27 up, or whatever it was. Yeo was helping us hold firm and rebound and the changes looked like master strokes.

Perhaps he could have been a bit more proactive in the last but he always backs the boys in. It’s frustrating when it doesn’t come off but the vitriol some of you clowns direct his way is laughable.

Keep going Simmo.

Didnt watch. Just checked the scores. Looks like the scoreline flattered us. We wont win the next couple of games people need to deal with it. Too much talent out of the forward line.
Do we bight the bullet and give Brander another go and perhaps even Allen or Vardy should he be fit. Wonder if too many of the boys are carrying niggles and can't run out games because of this.

So the coach should wear no blame for us being mentally unprepared for the Essendon game (also the 2015 GF G very similar)? And wear no blame for going negative after having the game at our mercy today? Of course he deserves praise for the 10 wins, but why is he immune from criticism? I don't see anyone calling for him to be sacked, but there are areas that he needs to work on.

He isn’t immune from criticism. As I posted in the Simmo thread, I’ve criticised him plenty of times this year. These late game fade outs hurt and, if they’re happening more frequently than the average finals contender, it absolutely needs to be looked at.

I’m not saying he’s beyond reproach, I’m saying this one poster, who didn’t say boo for three months and has called for Simmo to be sacked three weeks in a row now should probably change the record.

For the record, it’s not like I think Simpson is some once in a lifetime coach. He’s an above average coach in the league who has found a great deal of success and consistency with a solid core group of players. But everyone having a sook every time something goes poorly is getting old. We’ve been kissed on the dick with coaches for 90% of our existence, and theres still posters who want to get a new coach every other year.

Cannot understand how Hutchings is playing instead of Sheed. He got the ball 25 times, and gave it back to the opposition 75% of the time. Redden very poor also, didn't think Masten was too bad.

That's the thing with Simmo though - when things are going well he looks like a world beater but when things turn sour he's too slow to make moves and sometimes not always the right moves.
Mmm, we've got some players who stink it up big time some weeks, Redden and Cripps cost us multiple goals with some of their stupid s**t tonight. I reckon we've got 3 or 4 regulars who who would be depth at best elsewhere. Everyone including me was surprised how good we went early, mid table is about where we really are when fit.

Or if you do, give him some time in the middle and sometime in the back if needed. Simmo went too negative. Play your players to their strengths and make moves when it becomes necessary.
Spot on (not) lost the FB, CHF and FF plus a key forward who is running through the middle. Time to attack - which they did at every opportunity. Cattle my man

Mate that’s fine, everyone is entitled to post what they like. Just the fact you’ve ignored our 10 straight because none of them count, and are now repeatedly piling on Simmo and Simmo alone in the losses.

You can be critical of Simpson and our coaching staff, our decisions, our ability to hold our nerve. All of those things are fine. But have a bit of nuance about it, not everything is the worst it’s ever been.

Simmo is the luckiest bloke alive given, in your mind, he is an absolutely horrendous coach. Most people never even get to coach a game of footy, and Simmo fluked his way to a Grand Final, a 10 games straight streak and has never had a losing season in his coaching life. He should buy a lotto ticket.

I never said our wins don't count. When did I say that?

What's the point of me banging on about Simpson when we are winning?

I've highlighted games we won when teams got a run on. We got lucky in two of them.

I've repeatedly explained why is think he's a poor coach on game day. And you've ignored it

I even said he was an average coach overall and obviously good in some areas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cannot understand how Hutchings is playing instead of Sheed. He got the ball 25 times, and gave it back to the opposition 75% of the time. Redden very poor also, didn't think Masten was too bad.

More than happy for him to be dropped, especially as Ainsworth seems very up for the fight, but if you look at posts and commentary from halftime he was close (if not a lock) for our best on at that stage.

I never said our wins don't count. When did I say that?

What's the point of me banging on about Simpson when we are winning?

I've highlighted games we won when teams got a run on. We got lucky in two of them.
well we got unlucky today.

do people actually think others go back and read this garbage. have fun and move on

More than happy for him to be dropped, especially as Ainsworth seems very up for the fight, but if you look at posts and commentary from halftime he was close (if not a lock) for our best on at that stage.

I have got no issue with Hutching's game today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back