We are Collingwood. We don't eat our own!

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately we do have a history of eating our own...... hence the overwhelming proportion of negative threads.

I for one am happy to take that match as an abberation. We have been up for many weeks and been playing good solid footy against all injury odds.

We have a tough next two weeks so hopefully the boys can regroup and dish up something a little nicer against the Cats.

Come on. Everyone is entitled to be thoroughly pissed off with that effort.

We will all be there next week cheering them on but for ffs last night was pathetic and everyone is allowed to vent.

We will all be there next week cheering them on but for ffs last night was pathetic and everyone is allowed to vent.

I agree last night was pathetic. I'll be venting if we put that performance in again next weekend and the weekend after. I just think the boys have enough credits to allow one poor match.

I have no problem with anyone bagging last night's effort as it was horrible in so many ways. As long as the bagging relates to last night, not the last few years. I know it was Carlton and that hurts us all but the team has been pretty bloody good for a long time.

Exactly.

Yes it's one loss in eleven, which anyone would take but WHY OH WHY did it have to be Carlton? That's what I'm pissed about, not the fact that we lost, as we were due BUT more so who we lost to, and of course the way we lost, AGAIN!! Of all weeks to come out flat! :rolleyes: Carlton were in one of the lowest ebbs of their history and we still bent over and dropped our pants to them and continue to let them OWN us, as we have for most of our history! This group of boys obviously don't feel the rivalry as strongly, I just wish they did.... But at the end of day, players don't bleed nearly as much as we do :(

I think the main to be pissed off with is too many easy missed goals , wasn't the reason why we lost though and I can cop being beaten by a better team on the day , we haven't lost many for a couple of years .

We don't usually lose twice in a row so I expect us to bounce back.

But I think there is a difference between being disappointed and being ridiculous.
Some of the stuff that is being written is primary school thinking and borders on hysteria.

Oh please, we play as badly and as devoid of any spirit or intent like we did last night , frustrations and analysis of why will be brought to the surface.

I get more annoyed by people who go bringing out dictionary references about what 'supporter' means and what we can and can't do, after we play like spuds.

As much as I despise loosing to Carlton I will take them as our bogey team this year. They are not going to be there at the pointy end so better off it's them than say Hawthorn, Geelong or West Coast who we are likely to face.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nobody is suggesting we can't vent. I was as dissappointed as anyone but when I looked at it realistically I recognise that my expectations were based on the belief that we would have Pendles, Dids and Taz back and Brown would be in the side. When those things didn't eventuate I think I failed to reset my expectations. There is no escaping the fact that it was an insipid performance from a team we've come to expect so much of but it's not that long ago that we were all talking up how pleasantly surprising it was that our kids have been doing so well. That they would eventually fall off the high was probably inevitable and the performance of our more senior players was always going to be affected as a result. My main concern with the venting is when we start attacking each other and some of the stuff I have seen posted does border on cannibalism. Next week we will likely have a few more senior players back and it will be a whole other ball game. Inevitably some of the kids will go back to the VFL to regroup and we can continue to watch what has been an unexpectedly competitive season from a team so decimated by injury.

I agree 100% with this post. We are now in big trouble and our season could easily unravel from here. How can anyone say anything positive about a performance that has exposed the team's weaknesses and shown other teams how to beat us i.e. man up Shaw and Maxwell.

Very importantly, Carlton have beaten us twice just as Geelong did last year.

I agree 100% with this post. We are now in big trouble and our season could easily unravel from here. How can anyone say anything positive about a performance that has exposed the team's weaknesses and shown other teams how to beat us i.e. man up Shaw and Maxwell.

Very importantly, Carlton have beaten us twice just as Geelong did last year.
Or we could win the next 8 games

We will lose more games this year. Doesnt mean we cant win the flag

Personally I think the minor premier this year may have as few as 17 wins.

Not interested in eating our own but our depth that has carried us this far is starting to get tested. Not sure rushing Marty Clarke back was a very clever idea. Or omitting Brown.

We need Pendles Didak Johnson Tarrant and Brown back. And Wood needs game time.

Dane Swan said it best

Yeah, that attitude worked wonders in 2011. Don't worry guys losing to Geelong was just an aberration, we'll forget about it and do better next time, s**t what could possibly go wrong?

Yeah, that attitude worked wonders in 2011. Don't worry guys losing to Geelong was just an aberration, we'll forget about it and do better next time, s**t what could possibly go wrong?
Read what he said: there's no point crying over spilt milk. You can't change the result, what's done is done, move on to the next week. That is clearly the best way to deal with it. Why focus on a game that has already happened when we could focus on the next game? Every team does that.

Maybe you should listen to what he said. Nobody likes a loss, especially to Carlton, but there's no point getting all worked up about it if there's nothing you can do to change it. Move on.

Read what he said: there's no point crying over spilt milk.

Actually there is a point, if you reflect on it you might find out what's going wrong. I'm pointing out that we're sitting here not 12 months after we lost a flag because the players did the exact same thing. Just write it off and move on? We lost a flag because we didn't cry over spilt milk when we lost to Geelong twice, and thus we didn't learn anything from it and lost AGIAN when it mattered. Cry goddamnit because it might mean the difference between winning a flag and coming runners up.

Or we could just do the whole "Meh we'll beat them when it matters" thing again and watch the flag slip from our grasp yet again when we meet Carlton in a knockout final, that'll be fun.

Actually there is a point, if you reflect on it you might find out what's going wrong. I'm pointing out that we're sitting here not 12 months after we lost a flag because the players did the exact same thing. Just write it off and move on? We lost a flag because we didn't cry over spilt milk when we lost to Geelong twice, and thus we didn't learn anything from it and lost AGIAN when it mattered. Cry goddamnit because it might mean the difference between winning a flag and coming runners up.

Or we could just do the whole "Meh we'll beat them when it matters" thing again and watch the flag slip from our grasp yet again when we meet Carlton in a knockout final, that'll be fun.
No, they won't just disregard the match, they will focus on the team they are playing next. The point he is trying to make is that there is no point focusing on Carlton when we should be focusing on Geelong. They will obviously review the match and try to fix up problems, but they won't be getting upset about the loss and let it negatively affect their performance next week by forgetting about Geelong.

It's a good thing they don't listen to suggestions from this board, because we would be f*cked if they let the hysteria from this loss affect them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back