Bumped We dodged a bullet... (Removed "maybe" prefix)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not to mention his mind set, this guy had the alarm bells ringing.
He and Jack Watts were the two blokes getting thrown up I didn't want a Collingwood.

We offered him more money then Geelong
How sure are you? I heard from very good authority we didn't even offer him a contract.

As I said, we were doing our diligence but cats beat us offering a contract.

He took the cats contract. However, we did want him.

This will be another Ben Cousins and i certainly dont regret that decision.

How sure are you? I heard from very good authority we didn't even offer him a contract.

So he Failed the Tests we put him Thru then?

I get some pretty good info from inside the club I was told we were extremely keen and offered him more money then what Geelong offered

Club thought he was a lock to play with us then last minute decided Geelong was the best fit

He had told the club and people close to him he would be signing with Collingwood then back flipped last minute

I get some pretty good info from inside the club I was told we were extremely keen and offered him more money then what Geelong offered

Club thought he was a lock to play with us then last minute decided Geelong was the best fit

He had told the club and people close to him he would be signing with Collingwood then back flipped last minute

He seems to have a habit of doing that.

Are you sure you are not making things up? Article above seems to suggest otherwise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both are correct.
If we offered him a contract day one he'd have signed it.
He wanted to play for us, Cats heard he hadn't signed and played the Deakin and Scott connection cards

Well - What I head Clarke had said he wanted to go to Collingwood and said that Club he wanted to come.

Then Bloody Geelong and Brad Scott nicked him at the last minute:mad:

Damn those twins and their sneaky twinsy tricks.

He had foot issues from memory so had we taken him it wouldn't necessarily have been a bad move given this injury is a calf and presumably new. Maybe the delay was a physical and we weren't sure on his whole body and Geelong swooped, in that case, suck s**t. Fools rush in.

But, on the proviso we gave him the all clear on his body and we were nutted by Cats then I don't get the dodge a bullet thing outside of pure bad luck. This sounds to me a new injury and something that you could never anticipate.

Are you sure you are not making things up? Article above seems to suggest otherwise.

I don't make up things on this board look at my track record we offered him a contract we thought he was lock to sign and were impressed with where his head was at

Geelong swooped out of no where with the offer of playing for a winning low key club and the whole university thing

I feel it was a blessing in the end but did indeed offer him a contract

Well - What I head Clarke had said he wanted to go to Collingwood and said that Club he wanted to come.

Then Bloody Geelong and Brad Scott nicked him at the last minute:mad:

Chris Scott is the coach of Geelong TD.
The easiest way to remember is the 'C'.
Chris and Cats.
Hope that makes it easier for you mate. :thumbsu:

He was always going to be a bit of a gamble based on his history. But he'll probably still provide enough over the season to be worth it. He's a handy player when he is up and about. I wouldn't have been too mad at the club if they had taken him, that said he we enough injury prone forwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back