We will not be active. Unless we get an absolute corker

Remove this Banner Ad

We wouldn't want Kennedy...Campbell is better!

We need pace & long kicking & height in midfield....

We wouldn't want Kennedy...Campbell is better!

We need pace & long kicking & height in midfield....

I rate Campbell better than Kennedy also. I'm not sure why everyone keeps mentioning these tall KPP types we should look at getting when we have murphy and campbell (and even webster) unable to make our 22 already!

I rate Campbell better than Kennedy also. I'm not sure why everyone keeps mentioning these tall KPP types we should look at getting when we have murphy and campbell (and even webster) unable to make our 22 already!

Agreed Memories. Everyone wants us to focus on development of our young players but then just wants to trade them away? If we MUST trade Murphy, surely it will be for either a very, very good pick to help us get a midfielder, or a very talented, young midfielder. Nothing else makes any sense.

The Soufs - Slime connection is very strong. Slappo would be feeding info re Tatter back to his mate woosha. Obviously if this rumour is more of a trumour then they(the slime) think Tatter could be of value in front of the sticks. lets face it, Hansen is injury prone and the Q can't do it all be himself.
We don't need to trade tatter I think he should he groomed for Fullback unless they cough up at least #13 and Mcnamara

No offence, but you really think he's worth a first rounder.

Given he cant crack a regular AFL birth and had a very good, not outstanding year at Souths.

I think the best we could get is a 2nd round pick and an upgrade in the third round.

I think he's worth a first rounder if the team that wants him thinks he is. Fitting into their 22 would suggest they think he is. Trade smart, trade high. If we don't need to get rid of him, and what we would get in return doesn't benefit us immediately (FWIW, I think a Murphy for Kennedy swap would be good for us, but you can't ontrade...), then can't see why we'd want to do it. Particularly in an allegedly thin draft by late 2nd/3rd round. I would be asking for late first round, or "no thanks".

I hope we're not just trading him to keep our name in lights at the trade table now WCE will go down as the "team that gave up the most for a trade ever". They are getting monstered by the whole Judd scenario.

He has been offered a contract on the premise of all the cards falling West Coast's way with the Judd trade.

More cash, and a starting position.

West Coast could offer him a 51% share of microsoft and the captaincy and it wouldn't matter unless they have a suitable deal lined up for Fremantle.

They won't be trading mids after losing Judd and Morton and they won't be getting Murphy for a second round pick. No deal.

No offence, but you really think he's worth a first rounder.

Given he cant crack a regular AFL birth and had a very good, not outstanding year at Souths.

I think the best we could get is a 2nd round pick and an upgrade in the third round.

Yeah he is worth pick 13 IMO especially with West Coasts horrible forward line.

If they want him they can pay through the nose for him, otherwise they can't have him. It's as simple as that. I'd rather send him over east for a third rounder than to the eagles for a second rounder.

I'd prefer it if we never ever do another trade with the eagles. Ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I correct in saying Murphy is under contract still? Am I also correct in saying he wants out now? These things being as they are why would Freo want to keep him? He is not in their best 22 and he is not happy. The market should determine his worth ala Judd. If pick 20 is the best Freo can get then they should accept it, not reject it just because it came from your rivals.

Am I correct in saying Murphy is under contract still? Am I also correct in saying he wants out now? These things being as they are why would Freo want to keep him? He is not in their best 22 and he is not happy. The market should determine his worth ala Judd. If pick 20 is the best Freo can get then they should accept it, not reject it just because it came from your rivals.

He is contracted, so we are under no obligation to trade him. He can either sulk about it, or pull his finger out and play the best season of his career so far.

To trade him would mean accepting an offer that is "beyond belief" or an "absolute corker". ie. give us your pick 13 and we'll deal. Pick 20 doesn't cut it when we don't have to trade him.

He is contracted, so we are under no obligation to trade him. He can either sulk about it, or pull his finger out and play the best season of his career so far.

To trade him would mean accepting an offer that is "beyond belief" or an "absolute corker". ie. give us your pick 13 and we'll deal. Pick 20 doesn't cut it when we don't have to trade him.
Yes but if you don't trade him he may create a bad dressing room atmosphere, and then when he actually decides to leave after his contract his over he might say screw you I'm going in the PSD and Freo won't get anything.

Yes but if you don't trade him he may create a bad dressing room atmosphere, and then when he actually decides to leave after his contract his over he might say screw you I'm going in the PSD and Freo won't get anything.

If he wants to skunk it, then he'll only be hurting himself. If he wants to play AFL footy and establish himself in a decent career then he should pull his finger out and get angry. But I don't think we should trade someone now for "whatever we can get" in fear of what he might do next year.

He is worth 13 to a team that needs a key forward, ffs Collingwood gave up pick 14 for a nuffy ruckman.

Why do WC need a forward? ...they may not have a Pav type but they do have Lynch, Hansen, Staker and now Kennedy - unlike the Bulldogs it just does not seem to be an obvious defieciency to me.

Wood is more than a nuffy ruckman too.

Why do WC need a forward? ...they may not have a Pav type but they do have Lynch, Hansen, Staker and now Kennedy - unlike the Bulldogs it just does not seem to be an obvious defieciency to me.

Wood is more than a nuffy ruckman too.

I would have thought that their interest in Murph has waned now that they have Kennedy. Maybe he was on their radar before Kennedy decided to move.

Can't say I am too worried what the atmosphere is like in the South Fremantle dressing room.

If he walks next year he walks. Big deal. I would rather see him walk to the worst team in the competition next year than boost up a rivals forward line this year for a junk draft pick.

Can't say I am too worried what the atmosphere is like in the South Fremantle dressing room.

If he walks next year he walks. Big deal. I would rather see him walk to the worst team in the competition next year than boost up a rivals forward line this year for a junk draft pick.
20 is not junk it's one of the first 2nd round picks...

20 is not junk it's one of the first 2nd round picks...

Keep telling yourself that. Sure you might jag something good, you might jag some thing good with pick 46, but in a supposedly week draft anything outside the first round is junk.

You are wrong in saying he wants out now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back