Player Watch #19 Tom Lynch - It’s Official - OP Updated with Lynchmond goodness!

Remove this Banner Ad

I think where we differ on this... and its ok to differ...

You want Lynch to be Jack, or as good as...
I actaully see JR as the best and most well rounded KPF in the game. Just thinking that because we pay someone massive coin, they automatically become as good as JR is, thats the mistake...

So we are measuring him on different expectations.

I appreciate we pay him a sh!tload so we have high expectations, but I also round them off and think that, if by the end of his contract he is close to as good as JR ever was and we have a KPF for the club moving forward after JR retires, then it is the perfect recruit.

Yes I want some immediate impact and results, but I think given his comeback from injury, lack of fitness and agility (which will improve with time) I think his return is ok for now.

TBH, with our Ball movement this year, I reckon even JR would have struggled to hit the scoreboard.
He’s a mature aged footballer and not a kid , so if he’s playing then he’s expected to perform considering the coin he’s on. As I’ve stated previously if he’s not fit then he shouldn’t be playing. Our Ball movement is about on par with his dinosaur ground movement.
I probably think he needs a rest also, but to his credit, he is playing because we have ZERO options that can replace him and do better than curretn output.

Sadly Moore's injury couldn't have come at a worse time for him.
Also I wasn’t comparing him to Jack as I was only responding to a poster who made a comparison to Jack regarding goal kicking. I pointed out that Jack is also a goal assists player.

Best game tonight for the club. Biggest positive out of a shocking few weeks.

Yes tonight he was better than his 6 goal game which included a few cheapies and free kicks.

Was leading at the ball, lots of strong marks, started to read the flight better and follow up his play.

Looking forward to see him after the bye and a little bit of a rest
Hopefully will be able to start training twice a week as well
Looked great tonight and would love to see these types of games as his baseline

Best game tonight for the club. Biggest positive out of a shocking few weeks.

Yes tonight he was better than his 6 goal game which included a few cheapies and free kicks.

Was leading at the ball, lots of strong marks, started to read the flight better and follow up his play.
I agree , but I still want to see more from him bc in all seriousness after half time he had an ex cricketer on him.
He was better and a lot more agile with more emphasis on goal assists rather than personal glory.

I agree , but I still want to see more from him bc in all seriousness after half time he had an ex cricketer on him.
He was better and a lot more agile with more emphasis on goal assists rather than personal glory.

That ex-cricketer of which you speak has had a very good season - better than your comment implies.;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That ex-cricketer of which you speak has had a very good season - better than your comment implies.;)
Was what I was going to say. Lol

Keith is a damn good defender.

Not Talia good but still very good.

In fairness mate the ex cricketer will be close to AA this season! But funny!

Was good to see him grab a few and kick better. Agree having a tall down there helped him a lot too, if they bring Soldo back I can see them probably giving Balta a rest and keeping Chol.

Considering his body of work this season, he has been good.

When you factor in the delayed pre-season (did he have one?) and he has only been able to train once per week.

From the bye onwards Lynch will be able to train twice per week and I would expect an even better performance as his fitness base improves.

hahaha
That ex cricketer was also a well recognised junior footballer who had his choice of sports... He chose cricket first, but would have been drafted if he chose footy... Just like Alex Carey, chose footy but was a gun junior cricketer, now plies his trade in the national team...

Seriously, just once when you compliment someone, avoid the sh!t potshot at the end,

You know that keith was a highly rated young footballer yeah?

hahaha
That ex cricketer was also a well recognised junior footballer who had his choice of sports... He chose cricket first, but would have been drafted if he chose footy... Just like Alex Carey, chose footy but was a gun junior cricketer, now plies his trade in the national team...

Seriously, just once when you compliment someone, avoid the sh!t potshot at the end,
Get off your high horse HH as his direct opponents on the night had around 20 disposals off him and countless marks .
It was a good game from Lynch and probably his best for the year , but it’s still not quality. His defensive efforts are still found wanting and a liability as the Crows big men on him rebounded all night off him with easy interceptions as well. The ex cricketer he played on gave away 7cm in height and I just put it in perspective as he’s not their number one tall defender.
As I stated which you continually ignore it was better from him and at least he got mobile. There are some excuses for him now still in terms of fitness so I want to see he how much actual improvement he has left. Also can you fully read posts in there entirety and not look for one trivial negative as it’s tiresome to deal with???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back