2nds West Adelaide vs Port Adelaide - Round 1 @ Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

----
P.S.: They had 14 scoring shots. We scored 19 behinds. Besides, our 11 goals, alone, would have been enough to get the win. The scoreboard suggests a massacre.

Last edited:

Had to leave at 3/4 time, seems like I missed our best footy.
Pretty ordinary for the most part up till then. Dunno the free kick count but we were crucified.

Atley getting 27 touches and 11 clearances is impressive on the back of surgery and missing the last 6 weeks

Yes this is the kind of game I want to see from him this year.

Wasn’t happy with his start as he found heaps but was not smart as something like 1 kick and 18 handballs when westies were just playing a billion players around stoppages so pretty ineffective when we have nearly zero outside players. 2nd half I thought was smarter with what he did with the ball and that break away and kick in the 4th is what he needs to do when the midfield around him is letting him down

In his defense if he had that game with much better movers around him it would have looked a million dollars. Without Amon that Maggie’s midfield is sooooo ******* slow.

How does he get into the side outside of an injury?

It will be very tough yeah. Having said that it only takes 1 injury or suspension to wines / rocky or boak and there is a spot there.

This year should really be about atley building and consolidating his form so he presses week in week out. I honestly see wines atley drew and SPP as the future of port Adelaides midfield that they build around.

The thing with Sam gray is that he’s always going to get good numbers in the sanfl. Much better than a Zac butters if he ever played in the 2s.

But whose the more effective player at afl level?

It is good to know that we have strong performers putting pressure on though
Sam's issue is not talent, but consistency.

The advantage of having the Magpies playing before the Power is the chance to put pressure on the first team's players. If they don't perform, there are people ready to take their spots...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to hear Atley did well, should be getting games this year. Sam Gray and Trengove are tweeners - too good for SANFL, not good enough for AFL. They’ve dominated here many times then been bog average at AFL level. They are injury coverage only, or at best, get one or two games in the slog of winter when younger bodies need a week or two off rested from the AFL.

I view eberts role in the side as totally expendable and personally would have him on notice every week. Doesn’t perform and It opens a spot. I do want a mobile 189cmish guy hanging around forward and midfield but drew and atley fit that bill as does Mayes.

As he is playing largely as a forward Farrell and Johnson becoming tempting options.

I view eberts role in the side as totally expendable and personally would have him on notice every week. Doesn’t perform and It opens a spot. I do want a mobile 189cmish guy hanging around forward and midfield but drew and atley fit that bill as does Mayes.
You don’t go around dumping a player playing a difficult position and making the best players.

You don’t go around dumping a player playing a difficult position and making the best players.

We carried Ebert through what was a ******* horrible year from him last year.

He should have less than zero gold passes left. While he performed last week, and I like the idea of a medium forward he should be a week by week proposition.

As long as he performs he keeps his spot but he doesn’t and we give it to someone younger in form.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back