2nds Crows vs Port Adelaide - Round 15 @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Saturday July 29th 3:30pm at Adelaide Oval. Streaming on the AFL website/app.

Pending the injury list: Fantasia should be assessed.

Sutcliffe will miss due to a 1 game suspension.

Note: This game is before the AFL game, so the sub (EG: Boak) won't play. An emergency may be held back as well.

After our win against Sturt, and winning 4 in a row, we retain 4th spot. A game and 4% clear of 6th.
1690096684511.png

League Stats Leaders for Port:
Hugh Jackson ranked 3rd for Forward 50 Entries.
Dante Visentini ranked 4th for Hitouts.
Nick Moore ranked 5th for Tackles.
Jake Pasini ranked 9th for Rebounds out the Back 50.
Sam Hayes ranked 10th for Hitouts.

Maggies Changes:
IN: Carter, Short, Wilson, Turner
OUT: Visentini (AFL), Narkle (AFL Emergency), Hayes (Shoulder), Sutcliffe (Suspended)

Maggies Side:
F: Carter - Scully - Szust
HF: Mead - Lord - Hagan
C: Bonner - Moore - Burgoyne
HB: Sinn - K.Marshall - Montgomery
B: Pasini - Jonas - Kirk
R: Teakle - Dumont - Jackson
INT: H.Ferrari - Short - Turner - Wilson
EMERG: Narkle - Cheesman

Last edited:
Haven’t really been following the crows in the SANFL, what’s their KPD stocks like?

Murray unfortunately doing his knee in the afl team will leave them a bit short.

It will be interesting to see how the Crows depth looks now that they finally have a few injuries.

Given their AFL season is over I would expect a few more surgeries etc before finals so their SANFL run is probably done.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Its not necessarily over just yet. This weekend is their last gasp. They'll play their GF against us this week and if we can get through with the win, they'll be cooked.

Kinda hope they don't do the surgery thing, and finish strong to hurt their draft hand, but stay out of finals.

I expect we will lose this game, but after beating Sturt we showed we should be able to take it right up to them here. Win and finals would basically be locked in.

Add in the 3 or 4 games where we were umpired out of the win and we could be challenging for top spot.

After round 1 where it looked like we would be challenging for the wooden spoon, that is a terrific turn around. Especially considering how many players we have turned over through the AFL side.

Just on a side note, a mate of mine who is a Norwood supporter received an email from their club a few weeks back stating their ambition this year is not to win the wooden spoon. This from the defending premier. How the mighty have fallen.

Add in the 3 or 4 games where we were umpired out of the win and we could be challenging for top spot.

After round 1 where it looked like we would be challenging for the wooden spoon, that is a terrific turn around. Especially considering how many players we have turned over through the AFL side.

Just on a side note, a mate of mine who is a Norwood supporter received an email from their club a few weeks back stating their ambition this year is not to win the wooden spoon. This from the defending premier. How the mighty have fallen.
Would about their AFL bid?

PORT ADELAIDE SANFL captain Cam Sutcliffe will miss Saturday’s Showdown against the Crows after pleading guilty to a striking charge.
The SANFL’s Match Review Panel cited the 31-year-old over contact he made with Sturt’s James Matthews in the first quarter of Sunday’s win over the Double Blues at Alberton.

When Hugh Jackson got injured so did our wins

Haven’t really been following the crows in the SANFL, what’s their KPD stocks like?

Murray unfortunately doing his knee in the afl team will leave them a bit short.
Not great.

Its Keane and Borlase.

I can see us just going in with Worrell and Butts for Dixon and Marshall and hope like hell that Hinge can take Finlayson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any idea on when the gates open on Saturday afternoon?

Couldn't find anything on the Adelaide Oval website and I'll probably be down there early enough to watch this game, saving a vague spot on the hill for me and my friends. I'd have to assume it would be right before the bounce of this game.

Not great.

Its Keane and Borlase.

I can see us just going in with Worrell and Butts for Dixon and Marshall and hope like hell that Hinge can take Finlayson.
Port are pretty tall in the SANFL as well, if they all play.

Lord, Hayes, Visentini, Teakle, Scully will all rotate through the forward line in the SANFL team. (One ruck too many, but SANFL rules mean they all play)

With Lycett in doubt and the SANFL game as curtain raiser, one of the ruckmen will be held back (hopefully Hayes is next in line). So we won't be quite as tall as that.
Visentini in the AFL team means Hayes will ruck with Teakle playing ruck/forward. More of a traditional ruck combination and actually a better structure.

Lord may be held over as Dixon cover though.

Maggies Changes:
IN: Carter, Short
OUT: Visentini (AFL), Narkle, Lord, Burgoyne (AFL Emergencies), Hayes (Shoulder), Sutcliffe (Suspended)

Maggies Side: (4 to drop in)
F: H.Ferrari - Scully - Szust
HF: Mead - Carter - Hagan
C: Bonner - Moore - Short
INT: ? - ? - ? - ?
EMERG: Boak - Burgoyne - Lord - Narkle - Turner - Cheesman - Wilson
I haven't seen Anthony Wilson's name for a while... has he played this year yet? I assume he retired.

Visentini in the AFL team means Hayes will ruck with Teakle playing ruck/forward. More of a traditional ruck combination and actually a better structure.

Lord may be held over as Dixon cover though.
That lasted well

I haven't seen Anthony Wilson's name for a while... has he played this year yet? I assume he retired.
Was an emergency for a week earlier in the year, Been at Pembroke when not selected.

PORT ADELAIDE SANFL captain Cam Sutcliffe will miss Saturday’s Showdown against the Crows after pleading guilty to a striking charge.
The SANFL’s Match Review Panel cited the 31-year-old over contact he made with Sturt’s James Matthews in the first quarter of Sunday’s win over the Double Blues at Alberton.
Do those muppets only pick out Port players and then automatically suspend them?

Maggies Changes:
IN: Carter, Short
OUT: Visentini (AFL), Narkle, Lord, Burgoyne (AFL Emergencies), Hayes (Shoulder), Sutcliffe (Suspended)

Maggies Side: (4 to drop in)
F: H.Ferrari - Scully - Szust
HF: Mead - Carter - Hagan
C: Bonner - Moore - Short
INT: ? - ? - ? - ?
EMERG: Boak - Burgoyne - Lord - Narkle - Turner - Cheesman - Wilson
Fantasia?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back