2nds West Adelaide vs Port Adelaide - Round 4 @ Loxton

Remove this Banner Ad

Sunday April 30th 2:10pm at Loxton Oval. Streaming on the AFL website/app.

The Russell Ebert Tribute Match trophy, and Russell Ebert medal will be awarded again.
FTWLS4ZaMAAiGvG
FTWLS4VakAEeIDF

Pending the injury list: Farrell being injured may mean Bonner gets called up. Georgiades ruled out for the season due to an ACL.

Kyle Marshall is out due to a 2 match ban.

Note: This game is 2 days after the AFL game so the sub (EG: Bonner) can play.

After Round 3 we stay in 9th spot.
1682408187690.png

League Stats Leaders for Port:
Hugh Jackson ranked 2nd for Forward 50 Entries.
Nick Moore ranked 2nd for Tackles.
Nick Moore ranked =2nd for Free Kicks For.
Sam Hayes ranked 5th for Hitouts.
Dante Visentini ranked 6th for Hitouts.
Nick Moore ranked =6th for Clearances.
Trent Dumont ranked =9th for Tackles.

Maggies Changes:
IN: Short, Szust, Kirk, Montgomery, Turner
OUT: Burgoyne, Bonner (AFL), Georgiades (ACL), K.Marshall (Suspended), Francou

Maggies Side:
F: Hayes - Scully - Evans
HF: Barkla - Visentini - Szust
C: Hagan - Moore - Mead
HB: Sinn - Weidemann - Jones
B: Pasini - Clurey - McCallum
R: Lycett - Dumont - Jackson
INT: Short - Turner - Montgomery - Kirk
EMERG: Bonner - H.Ferrari

Last edited:
Sunday April 30th 2:10pm at Loxton Oval. Streaming on the AFL website/app.

The Russell Ebert Tribute Match trophy, and Russell Ebert medal will be awarded again.
FTWLS4ZaMAAiGvG
FTWLS4VakAEeIDF

Pending the injury list: Farrell being injured may mean Bonner gets called up. Georgiades ruled out for the season due to an ACL.

Kyle Marshall is out due to a 2 match ban.

Note: This game is the day after the AFL game so the sub (EG: Mead) can play.

After Round 3 we stay in 9th spot.
View attachment 1669949

League Stats Leaders for Port:
Hugh Jackson ranked 2nd for Forward 50 Entries.
Nick Moore ranked 2nd for Tackles.
Nick Moore ranked =2nd for Free Kicks For.
Sam Hayes ranked 5th for Hitouts.
Dante Visentini ranked 6th for Hitouts.
Nick Moore ranked =6th for Clearances.
Trent Dumont ranked =9th for Tackles.

Predicted Maggies Changes:
IN: Kirk, Turner, Cheesman
OUT: Bonner (AFL), Georgiades (ACL), K.Marshall (Suspended)

Predicted Maggies Side:
F: Hayes - Scully - Evans
HF: Barkla - Visentini - Hagan
C: Francou - Moore - Dumont
HB: Sinn - McCallum - Burgoyne
B: Pasini - Clurey - Jones
R: Lycett - Mead - Jackson
INT: Weidemann - Kirk - Turner - Cheesman
West's have improved, they have few stars but there 5-22 ranked players are decent enough, may give us a run for our money, their forwards are in good form

The injuries we've copped this week will make this a tougher assignment. Would've thought this would be close had they not occurred.

Amongst all the doom and gloom, we've played this year's top 3 and apart from the Crows game havent been that far off.

We play the other contenders for the spoon in the next 2 weeks, so will be interesting to see how it plays out.

FWIW, I get the feeling we might pull off the win. Fingers crossed, would love to find a way to avoid the spoon.

The injuries we've copped this week will make this a tougher assignment. Would've thought this would be close had they not occurred.

Amongst all the doom and gloom, we've played this year's top 3 and apart from the Crows game havent been that far off.

We play the other contenders for the spoon in the next 2 weeks, so will be interesting to see how it plays out.

FWIW, I get the feeling we might pull off the win. Fingers crossed, would love to find a way to avoid the spoon.
Which West's players would you try to close down, Hartlett and Jackson Edwards played a major role in their win last year bit both have left West's now

Went last year and it was fun. Loxton FC catering was overwhelmed with the numbers, I'm sure they'll be better prepared this year. But if you're going take a sandwich and a thermos in case.

Maggies Changes:
IN: Short, Szust, Kirk, Montgomery, Turner, H.Ferrari
OUT: Burgoyne (AFL), Bonner, Evans, Mead, Jones (AFL Emergencies), Georgiades (ACL), K.Marshall (Suspended), Francou

Maggies Side: (4 to drop in, 2 to drop out)
F: Hayes - Scully - Szust
HF: Barkla - Visentini - Kirk
C: Hagan - Moore - Turner
HB: Sinn - Weidemann - Montgomery
B: Pasini - Clurey - McCallum
R: Lycett - Dumont - Jackson
INT: Short - H.Ferrari - ? - ?
EMERG: Bonner - Evans - Mead - Jones
That forward line is horrendous.

I take back what I said. We'll get beaten easily.

Was down at Alberton around 2pm yesterday to pick up my club 1870 top and as I drove off, I saw the players walking towards a bus from the Williams stand. First thought was hey they don't have a night game, then remembered they were playing up in Loxton today.

Next thought was, its a bloody tall squad which I don't think you have been able to say too many times the last decade. Sam Hayes was walking down Fifth Ave about 100m from the bus, all by himself, think he parked his car there, and I couldn't help but think, is he on the outer with the club / coaches / selectors? Hope he has a big game and forces his way into the A grade next week.

Was down at Alberton around 2pm yesterday to pick up my club 1870 top and as I drove off, I saw the players walking towards a bus from the Williams stand. First thought was hey they don't have a night game, then remembered they were playing up in Loxton today.

Next thought was, its a bloody tall squad which I don't think you have been able to say too many times the last decade. Sam Hayes was walking down Fifth Ave about 100m from the bus, all by himself, think he parked his car there, and I couldn't help but think, is he on the outer with the club / coaches / selectors? Hope he has a big game and forces his way into the A grade next week.
It's the story of the game today. Do they stick Hayes in a pocket again today or do they give him a chance to say pick me and rotate Lycett and himself.

A Visentini and Lycett rotation effectively ends Hayes career.

Let's see how we go. We're definitely going to struggle up forward today, hopefully we are competitive, would really like to see us get a win and give ourselves a chance of avoiding the spoon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First I50 rebounded by umpires
Their first Clurey gives up a bad turnover.

Lycett HF mark
Visentini and Hayes looking lively up forward, nice tap to Jackson who gets HTB.

Turnover on their rebound ends with Jackson who goals this time.

Here is link to live stream.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back