Game Day West Coast Eagles vs Richmond Tigers Round 8 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where: The centre of the AFL Universe (MCG)
When: 11:45am local time (as in local to me)

Ahhhh what a whirlwind of a week it’s been with the official West Coast media bashing beginning. It’s like Gerard Whately – fresh from building a scale model of steam train – sat down on Saturday evening in his favourite recliner with a chilled glass of whatever s**t liquor he drinks and tuned into our match vs Carlton to watch us play for the first time in 18 months and realised how terrible we are. And then the snowballing began (not the one on Urban Dictionary [yet just as likely in Gerard’s case]) and now we’re the talk of the town after getting smashed by triple figures.

“Sooked it up in the first hub...”

“How many years for McGovern?!”

“Overpaid for Tim Kelly…”

Toddy_Nesbitt wet the bed again.”

If you haven’t heard these phrases from the lazy eyed Freo supporter in your workplace tearoom it’s likely coz you’re unemployed. Lucky you.

In light of how tedious it’s becoming to be an Eagles supporter right now, I thought we’d take a trip down memory lane to much simpler times when things were a little bit better:

Richmond vs WCE.JPG

Okay and now we’re back from that nightmare, we’ll focus on this weekend.

Richmond sit a whole half a game ahead of us with 1.5 wins at 16th on the ladder. Yep, despite the umpires best efforts they just haven’t been able to get them over the line like they used to. Been hearing about them all week too? Of course you haven’t. Anyway, they stink – and the only way they could possibly improve is by getting an extended run at the MCG, hopefully the AFL can find it in their hearts to help them out.

They come up against a West Coast so inept and decrepit that we’re all stoked to have resident club hardman Dom Sheed possibly coming back into the side. So excited about this match I’ve CHOSEN to help an in-law do renovations on their house instead. Yeah, it's true.

Hopefully it won't be as dire as that one winter afternoon at the MCG above where I had to watch certified dip s**t Sherminator lookalike Riewoldt celebrate kicking 10, but it's probably just as likely. But hey, at least Jake King won't be playing, eh? Eh!?

Eagles by 7 “Sack Simmo” articles by Suma, followed by 21 “The Tigers are Back” articles, 20 by Caro and 1 ghost written by Caro.

Last edited:

The boys are sounding pretty fired up to respond. Duggo reckons we're going to smash them with tackles and run and gun. Would be an ambush for the ages. Juicy odds too!

The boys are sounding pretty fired up to respond. Duggo reckons we're going to smash them with tackles and run and gun. Would be an ambush for the ages. Juicy odds too!

Duggan already our best run and gunner.

kramer thumbs up GIF by HULU

Eagles by 3 Lewis Stevenson’s

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

More of the same I suspect.
If Duggan says they're all fired up, begs the question why not last week? At home?
And it's the same team pretty much, except Mr Floppy will be inserted (Sheed).
Wish the boys well. Feel sorry for Ginbey, what a learning curve!
Gooooooo Eagles...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Magic moment when Beast Yeo slapped away the Dusty fend-off and brought him down.

That’s what Ruebs should be learning!
Did it twice in the same game. That's my favourite game of 2018 H&A (comebacks against Geelong and Port are second). Made me believe we would win the flag. It was also the day after my wedding and we had an unseasonably warm day in May (which felt like spring).

Lets be real, guys. This club doesnt get "fired up". We'll play like we have for the majority of the year so far - will be in-touch at quarter time, Tiges will waltz away in the second, efforts will be redoubled after half time and we'll lose by 40pts.

As long as the kids show improvement then its all good.

Lets be real, guys. This club doesnt get "fired up". We'll play like we have for the majority of the year so far - will be in-touch at quarter time, Tiges will waltz away in the second, efforts will be redoubled after half time and we'll lose by 40pts.

As long as the kids show improvement then its all good.
I’d be happy with a return to that form, honestly anything would be better than the Carlton effort.

Ivan Soldo replaced in the side by Noah Cumberland

Good news for Bailey Williams who will now be rucking against Samson Ryan

Also good for our undersized defence with one less tall to cover

Both teams to come out fired up, playing a high pressure contested game with lots of turnovers and skill errors.
Eagles to match them for a half and fight it out to the end but not be able to match the lift in intensity in the last and go down by less then 20 points in a low scoring game.
Allan to continue his multiple goal streak and Darling to find some form.
Dan Rioli and Jones having a run off from both half back lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back