Shield Western Australia vs Victoria, WACA Ground, 25-28 March, 1:30 PM AEDT

Which team will keep themselves in contention?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Insipid, pathetic performance by Victoria. James Pattinson wicketless. Grossly over rated and soft. Shouldn’t be anywhere near the test team. Couldn’t even step up for his state side on one of the livelier pitches in the country.

Insipid, pathetic performance by Victoria. James Pattinson wicketless. Grossly over rated and soft. Shouldn’t be anywhere near the test team. Couldn’t even step up for his state side on one of the livelier pitches in the country.

Awesome effort by the WA boys well done good to see

I was surprised with Patto looks like he lost a yard of pace ...the WA Batters handled him with ease

Hopefully he fires up for the end of the season and we have him fit and firing come the Ashes

And maybe a fit Joel Paris.
He's a bloody good bowler is Paris. But his body has just not held together.

It feels crazy that he came onto the scene a bit over 8 years ago, and has only played 41 FC/LA games in that time. 5 a season out of ~16 is really rough going and you can't help but feel for him.

At 28, he still has time to play a decent(ish) amount of test cricket, but he has a number of guys in front of him and given his injury blight career I wonder if he has just been written off in the longer format (too many injuries, too many quality bowlers in front of him etc). Hopefully not - he's easily good enough to have a shot at test level.

I rate Neser and Abbott as decent squad bowlers, but if Paris can keep himself on the park I'd take him above them. He's going to have to work hard (or - ironically - rely on injuries) to supplant any of the incumbent three, Richardson or Pattinson.

Back