What A Joke Just Heard On SEN

Remove this Banner Ad

Louie22

Debutant
May 30, 2004
Other Teams
Carlton
I can not Believe we got nothing. Pagan and the board have to go there destroying our club. Just heard on SEN carlton knocked back pick 24 and 33 for Thornton. Why try to keep players who don't want to play for our club.

In the end we worked all week probably to get pick 15 and give it to you, but then offered 33 and 24. Thats a good deal and if Thornton leaves youll be left with nothing...

Good trading Blues, lets hope for your sake Thornton re-signs..

Louie22 said:
I can't not Believe we got nothing. Pagan and the board have to go there destroying our club. Just heard on SEN carlton knocked back pick 24 and 33 for Thornton. Why try to keep players who don't want to play for our club.

What a F****n disaster

I bemoan the loss of Russell for nothing, more than THornton. Both can go to BOmbers kangas or lions. Lions have more room in their cap than people believe. Voss on half, Acnemanis gone. He will Go there if the blues dont redraft him. Lets redraft him and play him at the bullants.

SMOO said:
I bemoan the loss of Russell for nothing, more than THornton. Both can go to BOmbers kangas or lions. Lions have more room in their cap than people believe. Voss on half, Acnemanis gone. He will Go there if the blues dont redraft him. Lets redraft him and play him at the bullants.[/QUOTE]

What a great idea :rolleyes:

juzza316 said:
SMOO said:
I bemoan the loss of Russell for nothing, more than THornton. Both can go to BOmbers kangas or lions. Lions have more room in their cap than people believe. Voss on half, Acnemanis gone. He will Go there if the blues dont redraft him. Lets redraft him and play him at the bullants.[/QUOTE]

What a great idea :rolleyes:

Sarcasm

Louie22 said:
I can not Believe we got nothing. Pagan and the board have to go there destroying our club. Just heard on SEN carlton knocked back pick 24 and 33 for Thornton. Why try to keep players who don't want to play for our club.

If Hawthorn really did offer us those picks and we knocked them back then I am very disappointed. I also don't understand why we are trying to keep a player who wants to leave :confused:

bluegal1983 said:
If Hawthorn really did offer us those picks and we knocked them back then I am very disappointed. I also don't understand why we are trying to keep a player who wants to leave :confused:

According to the AFL website, the Everitt deal only went through with 90 seconds to go. They can't expect to make a decision in such a short period of time or even lodge the papers. Personally, I think its bull****. WE were probably offered Pick 24 and some dud which just simply isn't enough.

deluxeman said:
According to the AFL website, the Everitt deal only went through with 90 seconds to go. They can't expect to make a decision in such a short period of time or even lodge the papers. Personally, I think its bull****. WE were probably offered Pick 24 and some dud which just simply isn't enough.
Hawthorn knew pick 33 was on the table for several days. Maybe they said to carlton we can get 33 and also our 24.

Oh everyone should stop their whining, the powers that be have done what they thought was right, and we should be backing it. Pagan isn't new to the business ffs.

Nightwolf_69 said:
In the end we worked all week probably to get pick 15 and give it to you, but then offered 33 and 24. Thats a good deal and if Thornton leaves youll be left with nothing...

Good trading Blues, lets hope for your sake Thornton re-signs..
It obviously wasn't if we knocked it back and Carlton have the money to re-sign him on a big contract for a year if need be. ;)

Louie22 said:

Don't so harsh. The fact is that pick 33 was offered to us after Sydeny gave it to Hawthorn for Everitt. The Everitt deal was done 90sec before the cut off time.

That left Carlton and Hawthorn not enough time to do the paperwork

SA HAWK said:
Hawthorn knew pick 33 was on the table for several days. Maybe they said to carlton we can get 33 and also our 24.

Maybe but if the deal only went through with 90 seconds to go, it would be near impossible to lodge all the papers I would imagine. Anyway, the deal wasn't sufficient and we showed that we don't get ****ed around by anyone!
The best trade week I can remember in a long time and the ironic thing is that we weren't even involved in any trades! :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

deluxeman said:
Maybe but if the deal only went through with 90 seconds to go, it would be near impossible to lodge all the papers I would imagine. Anyway, the deal wasn't sufficient and we showed that we don't get ****ed around by anyone!
The best trade week I can remember in a long time and the ironic thing is that we weren't even involved in any trades! :D
Maybe if carlton had of accepted 24 & 33 we would have done the deal with sydney earlier. I think your club has done the right thing this week. Luckily you finished bottom because you would have been forced to trade if you hadn't.

These threads on the Carlton board vary hugely from people who don't care and are happy that Carlton stood firm, to those that rightly should be upset you don't get anything for a player/s who DON'T want to play for Carlton.

I am really confused as to the gaping gap between the views of your supporters that threatens to tear you club apart?

Beckers said:
These threads on the Carlton board vary hugely from people who don't care and are happy that Carlton stood firm, to those that rightly should be upset you don't get anything for a player/s who DON'T want to play for Carlton.

I am really confused as to the gaping gap between the views of your supporters that threatens to tear you club apart?

I am confused between anyone on this board giving a **** what you think!

sticks74 said:
I am confused between anyone on this board giving a **** what you think!
Sorry, just guaging the general consensus of Blues fans, but obvously it is too emotional a subject for you to talk about!!!

Beckers said:
Sorry, just guaging the general consensus of Blues fans, but obvously it is too emotional a subject for you to talk about!!!

Ill talk about it... im really pleased with the outcome...
We stood firm and didnt give you Dawks what you wanted!!!

Beckers said:

"tearing the club apart" - rather dramatic comment don't you think?

Blue Supporters are just weighing up the two extreme scenarios we now face

1)lose both Thornton and Russell to the PSD, even if we draft one it would not go down well with the members

or 2) we manage to re-sign both before the draft. The pressure's on to achieve this but I for one aren't going crack a hissyfit today, when we've lost nothing yet.

We did the right thing!

Thornton will re-sign before the PSD allowing us to select another player.

Russell may not stay, but I think he will.

The CFC needs to create a stable playing base. Over the years CFC has been to eager to trade on players. More often than not, it doesn't work for both us and for the player. You look at West Coast, they have built a team through stability and patience. They are very rarely aggresive during trade week, and will usually only pounce when they see thay get a bargain. The way forward for us is to rebuild through the National Draft, but we must let all the other clubs know, they can't take advantage of us and reap the benifits of our hard work.
If we folded you would see some of the likes of Murphy, Simpson, Bower, Kennedy, Walker, Betts and other future draftees be lured to other clubs on false promises and big $$$. The current situation would become a annual event.
A stance had to be made now, I don't want to see CFC become a developement team for the rest of the AFL.

Bennycoff said:
Pagan = Carlton mistake.

Tell me mate why do you think you club is so cam good,13 yrs you played your last good game a small amount of good kids from coming last so many times.Why are the whores from Tassie so good?.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back