Autopsy What a nail biter! Pies lose by 3 pts

Remove this Banner Ad

It is funny because I am feeling a little bit guilty at being excited after last nights game. Guilty because I shouldn't accept losses no matter how close but can't help feel excited with the team we are putting together. So much potential there and if we can get most playing at that standard, can see use winning more than losing especially the close ones.
That's the most positive I've felt after a loss all year as well.

The reason being is that we saw the potential that we have. Grundy, Moore, Trealor, Aish and to a lesser extent De Goey were all influential and these are the blokes who have to stand up for us to become a good side again. The form of the young guns was a reason we played an attractive and entertaining brand of football (although with flaws and some basic errors thrown in as well) but it provides some hope that our list has the capabilities of playing some bloody good football and these blokes are all going to only get better.

Put it this way, I'm feeling more optimistic today after we lost than I was yesterday before we played but I'd have been positively utensil-a-hoop if we'd have actually won the bloody game.

Hello Maggos,

Last night was an amazing game and thought you guys were going to win.

Awesome pressure and good self-belief which was good to see.

I know a few clubs hate you, but I actually admire your club. I was jealous when I was at the game, because so many of your supporters rock up to the game after a season that you didn't want and because it's an away game and there were so many that showed up

If you guys can bring what you dished out last night to every game last year, you will be in finals no worries come September next year.

Props on the banner, was good to see the opposition have a bit of a crack.

Honestly not sure why people hate your club so much? Eddie? If so, they are just jealous flogs. Mentioned to my old man at the game last night that his done a terrific job for your club.

Was a cracking Friday night game and hope we can produce another one next year.

P.S Moore has some serious talent

In his past two matches, Darcy has looked incredibly imposing, only his second year so it's exciting how good he could be.

Aish was really worrying me for awhile there, but have to remember he didn't play much footy last year, he's really come into his own during the second half of the season.

Didn't get to watch the game last night but it seemed like we had a crack - hopefully we get a win next week.
Pendlebury said on his facebook video that Aish was really lacking confidence when arrived at the club, you can see him starting to believe again.

Pendlebury said on his facebook video that Aish was really lacking confidence when arrived at the club, you can see him starting to believe again.
I love that word 'confidence' plays so much a bigger part in sports people, more than 'motivation'.

One of things I have been saying along, confidence and belief in your self and team-mates is a huge factor.

Aish is producing what he was originally selected for by Brisbane, he is a nice guy on top of it.

An absolute certainty is next week will be an insipid, putrid performance against the Gold Coast.

We always back up good efforts against good teams with weak efforts against weaker teams.

GC by 26 points.

I actually think so Close loss means we will be Fired up vs Suns

Maybe I just have higher expectations and a better position I want our club to get to than you.

We lost another game we should've won last night. We lost the Richmond game last week that we should've won. We should've had the game over on toast the first time against the dogs, we're right in the race with those.

Did I read on here that we've lost 10 games under 10 points in the last 2 years? That suggest to me that we have an issue we need to address. There's a reason teams like hawthorn win all the close ones and we lose them. It could be our seemingly lack of structures, maybe our players aren't good enough. That's what we should be talking about, and not talking about improved "effort".
Hawthorn went 0-4 in games under 10 points last year. That notion is a complete myth - there is no correlation between record in close games and quality of the side. Brisbane 2001-04 travelled at about 30% - it's mostly down to luck.

Fair enough but I don't agree. Our biggest problem is defence its been shocking under Buckley. Brown has gone backwards And the ease the opposition can get goals is the biggest problem. Cloke is fine just a crap shot on goal.
I'm confused; you bagged Bucks for leaving Cloke out, (implying that's why we lost) now yourre saying it's the backline??
Anyway I've been a huge fan of Clokes, (the video is amazing) however, I'm done with his unreliable goalkicking.
We cannot afford to have so many missed opportunities, they literally cost us games.
I reckon his missing highlights when other miss.
If he kicked more we'd probably be able to handle the occasional miss from others.

I'm confused; you bagged Bucks for leaving Cloke out, (implying that's why we lost) now yourre saying it's the backline??
Anyway I've been a huge fan of Clokes, (the video is amazing) however, I'm done with his unreliable goalkicking.
We cannot afford to have so many missed opportunities, they literally cost us games.
I reckon his missing highlights when other miss.
If he kicked more we'd probably be able to handle the occasional miss from others.
Point 1. Oxley over Cloke was just a dumb move. Of course I'll bag Buckley for that. Especially with Cox getting injured. Our defense has been horrid ever since Buckley took over. Point 2

Point 1. Oxley over Cloke was just a dumb move. Of course I'll bag Buckley for that. Especially with Cox getting injured. Our defense has been horrid ever since Buckley took over. Point 2
I can honestly say I'm not sure where Oxley fits in but now's the time to experiment.
I'm prepared to try again next week and see how he goes, (patience eg Maynard is required).
Hart has been sacked so Bucks has heard your message, (well done).

The team that went onto the ground last night is our future...and our future looks pretty good
Actually the future does look ok.
I'm starting to think a few of "future" will get to or be close to elite.

Darcy Moore (just starting now to become THE future and BE the present)
Brodie Grundy (wow, he has stepped up into something else, near top of the pile only a few in front in the league)
Jordan De Goey (fear not, this is the beast to become a Luke Ball type; will be something I reckon)
Adam Trelaor (worth every dollar every pick, every salty KB tear)
Tay Adams (we may miss Heath Shaw for play; I'm content taking Adams as the trade)
Ben Reid (stay fit just stay fit; love what he brings)
Scott P (enough said elite of the elite; still doing well even injured in part, never complains)
Dane Swan (please another couple of years from this elite stat; on field leader too just what he brings)

Then we have:
Elite runner in Sidebotom
Elite one per centers Travis Varcoe

In time Maynard becoming a beast.
Howe brings that extra factor down back.
Ok, my special case, but will Scharenberg show his value and become a general down back. Hope so!

So maybe it's ok, just build build build the list.

There are others too that may contribute greatly like Aish, Crisp

Who knows my be Wills will progress further.... Langdon .....

A lot of iffs but that's what you need, the planets to align

Don't worry champ he will eclipse Pendles unfortunately.
He is a match winner and superstar whereas Pendles just a mere superstar.

Was a good game and good luck in the finals
You do know Scott won a Norm Smith Medal, suggest he's a match winner as well as a super star.
He is less the dynamic brute force, more the cut you up one thousand ways.
An all in elegant fashion, more Greg Chappell / David Gower than Viv Richards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha you should have seen the game day thread when TD popped up on tv. It was so lit.
I can imagine! I work at Crown and I was in our break room, and being a Friday night, we had a lot of staff on. TD popped up and was going banana's, and everyone started laughing and saying how he was a "typical Collingwood supporter", and here's me like "yeah, I know that guy!"

I can imagine! I work at Crown and I was in our break room, and being a Friday night, we had a lot of staff on. TD popped up and was going banana's, and everyone started laughing and saying how he was a "typical Collingwood supporter", and here's me like "yeah, I know that guy!"

Did you tell them to Stick where the Sun does not Shine

for the first time this year l have seen many of the guys really hurting after a loss
to see that it shows how much it means to them and as a group. to me that is a possitive

Far From It. No Rebound at all
He's the full back, he's not there to rebound.

Set the tone early and made good decisions the whole way through. Would've lost by 30 without him, seemed to get to every single contest he needed to.

Hello Maggos,

Last night was an amazing game and thought you guys were going to win.

Awesome pressure and good self-belief which was good to see.

I know a few clubs hate you, but I actually admire your club. I was jealous when I was at the game, because so many of your supporters rock up to the game after a season that you didn't want and because it's an away game and there were so many that showed up

If you guys can bring what you dished out last night to every game last year, you will be in finals no worries come September next year.

Props on the banner, was good to see the opposition have a bit of a crack.

Honestly not sure why people hate your club so much? Eddie? If so, they are just jealous flogs. Mentioned to my old man at the game last night that his done a terrific job for your club.

Was a cracking Friday night game and hope we can produce another one next year.

P.S Moore has some serious talent
I missed our banner, what did it say?

As per usual yours was top shelf.

Thanks for a great game.

With respect, he didn't look like it last night. Kid is only 20 and already rated in the top 10 players in the comp. I only hope that Bont turns out to have a career with the sustained excellence that Pendlebury has blessed Collingwood with.
He will - he'll be top 3 in 12 - 24 mths

Remove this Banner Ad

Back