List Mgmt. What are they doing now? (ex pies players)

Remove this Banner Ad

With Cal at Hawks, Tyler and Poulter at Footscray, looks like Liam will play for Carlton VFL plus this local team, Madgen gone to play for crows sanfl team

Axed Collingwood utility Liam McMahon has returned to the Northern Football Netball League for 2023, signing with local powerhouse Montmorency following his departure from the AFL.

McMahon is set to share his services between the Magpies and Carlton at the VFL level, with the athletic key-position player likely to spend time in defence after showing strong signs as a backman with Collingwood's reserves in 2022.

The 20-year-old was drafted to Collingwood as a key forward out of the Northern Knights, however shifted into the backline this year.

Last edited:

Yeah was definitely stiff. I reckon because we bought a few players in before the draft, he was just unlucky with list spots tight. But showed quite a bit for a 2nd year player imo

it's a reminder that kids who get drafted should remember to bring a famous ex-footballer dad who is well connected....

Yeah was definitely stiff. I reckon because we bought a few players in before the draft, he was just unlucky with list spots tight. But showed quite a bit for a 2nd year player imo
Pretty tough on the kid after they swapped him to defence at the start of the year too. Hope he finds his way onto another list in a few years.

Not sure what exactly Tommy Langdon is doing over in Europe but we’ve been loving him and Ed’s Lay Day Coffee! When you can get it, that is - sold out frequently!

Pretty tough on the kid after they swapped him to defence at the start of the year too. Hope he finds his way onto another list in a few years.
The toughest thing for McMahon is that he has a skinny body type. He showed glimpses, but in order to facilitate the arrival of Frampton, someone had to go and he was the unlucky one. I'd have chosen Will Kelly but that didn't eventuate. What McMahon needs to do is lock down a solid role in defence or forward and work on consistent starring performances.

The toughest thing for McMahon is that he has a skinny body type. He showed glimpses, but in order to facilitate the arrival of Frampton, someone had to go and he was the unlucky one. I'd have chosen Will Kelly but that didn't eventuate. What McMahon needs to do is lock down a solid role in defence or forward and work on consistent starring performances.

if he wants to consistently star, he will need a body transplant...and reprogramming.....and some gov't program that qualifies him for a spot on a club's list

I knoooow.

It’s so expensive, and while the ‘Tom Langdon’ factor was the reason I initially tried it, it IS really nice. My husband drinks his black so he’s fussy.

actually the cha-ching I was referring to was your product placement. I'm going to a curry place today and I told them that I've been praising them bigtime on google and they still wont give me a free curry...

btw aldi capsules....sustainably manufactured somewhere in germany by costa rican slave labour...

actually the cha-ching I was referring to was your product placement. I'm going to a curry place today and I told them that I've been praising them bigtime on google and they still wont give me a free curry...

btw aldi capsules....sustainably manufactured somewhere in germany by costa rican slave labour...

LOL, great call, I’ll send a DM to the Langdons now and try my luck!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting. I assumed he would head back to Tassie.

"ex-Pie Isaac Chugg is set to play under another former Magpie in Jarryd Blair at Wonthaggi."

"
Selwood isn’t the only ex-AFL player venturing into league, with former Magpie and Kangaroo Atu Bosenavulagi to give the code a crack — as a player.

Foxfooty.com.au can reveal Bosenavulagi, who played 20 AFL games with Collingwood and North Melbourne across four seasons, has dropped footy and now pursuring a rugby league career, with the hope of one day joining an NRL club.

It’s understood Bosenavulagi is seeking contracts with his rugby manager around Queensand, Sydney and Melbourne.

Malvern-based gym NJ Fitness has uploaded footage of the 22-year-old working out and lifting weights over the past few months.

“I’ve just been training since being delisted and I’ve actually been planing on changing codes since the start of last year, so I wasn’t sad at all when I was delisted because my heart wasn’t in the game anymore,” Bosenavulagi told foxfooty.com.au."

COLLINGWOOD

Callum Brown (delisted) –
Box Hill Hawks (VFL)

Tyler Brown (delisted) – TBC, but has been invited to train with Adelaide (AFL) in the hope of winning a lifeline via the SSP. If not, has been linked to Footscray (VFL).

Isaac Chugg (delisted) – TBC, but set to play for Wonthaggi (Gippsland League)

Jack Madgen (delisted) – Adelaide Crows (SANFL)

Liam McMahon (delisted) – Carlton (VFL)

Caleb Poulter (delisted) – TBC, but set to play for Footscray (VFL)

Jordan Roughead (retired) – Opposition and development coach at Collingwood (AFL) and senior assistant at Collingwood (AFLW)

Interesting. I assumed he would head back to Tassie.

"ex-Pie Isaac Chugg is set to play under another former Magpie in Jarryd Blair at Wonthaggi."

"
Selwood isn’t the only ex-AFL player venturing into league, with former Magpie and Kangaroo Atu Bosenavulagi to give the code a crack — as a player.

COLLINGWOOD

Callum Brown (delisted) –
Box Hill Hawks (VFL)

Tyler Brown (delisted) – TBC, but has been invited to train with Adelaide (AFL) in the hope of winning a lifeline via the SSP. If not, has been linked to Footscray (VFL).

Isaac Chugg (delisted) – TBC, but set to play for Wonthaggi (Gippsland League)

Jack Madgen (delisted) – Adelaide Crows (SANFL)

Liam McMahon (delisted) – Carlton (VFL)

Caleb Poulter (delisted) – TBC, but set to play for Footscray (VFL)

Jordan Roughead (retired) – Opposition and development coach at Collingwood (AFL) and senior assistant at Collingwood (AFLW)

Why would Chugg head back to Tasmania? The TSL competition is so dead and all the money is in the regional leagues. Even then, playing football in Melbourne has more opportunity, anyway. It's almost a rite of passage for Tassie kids to leave for Melbourne and not return until after they've completed uni or decided they want a sea change. That's why a certain player's sob story about missing mummy doesn't really cut it, particularly when his main barrier was a road, not a strait of water.

Atu's rugby career isn't that surprising given his Fijian heritage. However, he'd need to bulk up considerably to have any shot at playing.

Why would Chugg head back to Tasmania? The TSL competition is so dead and all the money is in the regional leagues. Even then, playing football in Melbourne has more opportunity, anyway. It's almost a rite of passage for Tassie kids to leave for Melbourne and not return until after they've completed uni or decided they want a sea change. That's why a certain player's sob story about missing mummy doesn't really cut it, particularly when his main barrier was a road, not a strait of water.

Atu's rugby career isn't that surprising given his Fijian heritage. However, he'd need to bulk up considerably to have any shot at playing.

i've heard wonthaggi is in a pretty good tasmanian league...

Blast from the past, this just dropped in the HS.

Football legend Peter Moore sharing golden future with fellow Magpies​

Collingwood and Melbourne legend Peter Moore’s chase for gold did not end when he retired — in an extraordinary twist, he’s on the hunt again.

Tom Minear Tom MinearUS Correspondent
Follow

@tminear

January 20, 2023 - 1:49PM
News Corp Australia Network
Brownlows.
The Charles Brownlow Trophy, better known as the Brownlow Medal. Picture: Scott Barbour/Getty Images

The Charles Brownlow Trophy, better known as the Brownlow Medal. Picture: Scott Barbour/Getty Images
Peter Moore with his 1984 Brownlow Medal.

Peter Moore with his 1984 Brownlow Medal.
But his chase for gold did not end when he retired in 1987. In fact, it was only just beginning.
These days, high in the hills of Nevada, no one recognises the 198cm ruckman even if he looks like he could still lace up his boots. Instead, in a high-vis vest and a hard hat, Moore is more interested in what is below the ground than reliving his days on it.
He is drilling for gold in a state that produces far more of the precious metal than anywhere else in the US, and almost anywhere in the world. With a little help from his good old Collingwood friends, Moore might just strike it rich all over again.
Moore’s career as a footballer ended one game short of 250 when he tore a hamstring while training with the Demons at Junction Oval. He had been on the verge of returning to the senior side to reach the milestone after a season hampered by form and fitness issues.
“I’m pretty upset. Saturday’s game was very important,” he said at the time.
“The realisation that you’ve played your last game for the year and perhaps forever … it’s hard to cope with.”
Peter Moore playing for the Magpies in the 1970s.

Peter Moore playing for the Magpies in the 1970s.
Peter Moore's billion-dollar punt for gold in the US. Picture: Supplied

Peter Moore's billion-dollar punt for gold in the US. Picture: Supplied
However, unlike many players of his era, Moore had already set himself up for life after football.
In his second last season, he sparked headlines by appearing in court – not to face charges, but to be admitted to the bar as a lawyer. He also started a company with his father Bruce, a geology professor at the University of Kentucky who had developed the Geoflite method of analysing airborne image data to detect underground rock fractures for potential mining.
“I actually retired from football because the company was going pretty well, and to kick it off,” Moore recalls now.
“It went really well for a long time.”
The retired footballer was soon travelling around the world, working on mining projects everywhere from Africa to the US. Buoyed by the success of their technology, Moore and his father also formed a venture capital company to fund exploration projects.
Spinning off from that was Sierra Nevada Gold, which Moore founded in 2011 and has since kept him in the US for several months each year. Officially the company’s executive chairman, Moore now fills the jack-of-all-trades role he once played on the field.
When VWeekend catches up with him, he is racing to finish an intense period of drilling at the company’s Nevada sites before snow stops work for several months over winter.
“I’m doing all the jobs at the moment,” the 66-year-old says.
“I’m the CEO and running all the exploration programs, and managing all that.”
“It’s been a pretty busy six months since May, just to get the people in place and the projects running and drill rigs operating.”
AFL legend Peter Moore is now Sierra Gold’s jack-of-all-trades. Picture: Supplied

AFL legend Peter Moore is now Sierra Gold’s jack-of-all-trades. Picture: Supplied
May was when Moore took the company public, a process he also personally managed through the pandemic in a bid to bankroll an expansion of the company’s exploratory works in Nevada.
“The company plans to execute its drilling programs on its five projects with a focused, disciplined but aggressive approach,” he told potential investors.
“Sierra Nevada’s intention is to develop any discoveries made and to establish commercial mining operations on those projects.”
His pitch convinced 18 investors who chipped in a combined $10m. The word around Melbourne is that some of Collingwood’s most powerful names are now Sierra Nevada Gold shareholders.
“You don’t have to be a Collingwood supporter to invest,” Moore laughs.
“But it’s fair to say there were a few substantial Collingwood people who were involved. They’re friends of mine, is basically who they are, and they happen to be Collingwood people.”
The end target – gold.

The end target – gold.
It was not the first time Moore had been in the thick of a big-money Magpie deal.
In 1982, the Collingwood captain and Footscray skipper Kelvin Templeton were packaged up and sold to the Demons for $1m, in what legendary Herald Sun football writer Mike Sheahan later described as the best story he ever broke.
The bombshell move was engineered by Jeff Browne, who Moore trained with as a lawyer.
Four decades later, in between trips to Nevada, Moore returned the favour in another major deal, playing a critical role in engineering Browne’s ascension to the presidency of Collingwood.
Hunting for gold is no cakewalk but Moore is confident he is on the right track.
Using the technology pioneered by his now 92-year-old father, he identified five sites and completed years of preparatory work before commencing major drilling tests late last year.
One of the most promising projects is at New Pass, an area that has previously produced more than 1100kg of gold but has not been subjected to drill testing in 40 years.
Shortly before Christmas, Moore confirmed some exciting news to the share market: his team had “identified visible gold” in one of their holes at New Pass.
“We are building on our belief that New Pass … has the potential to host a high-grade gold system,” he says.
Hunting for gold is no cakewalk. Picture: Supplied

Hunting for gold is no cakewalk. Picture: Supplied
At the Blackhawk project in the Excelsior Mountains, where he is targeting copper as well as gold in an area successfully mined between the 1860s and early 1900s, Moore extended an 800m hole to almost 1200m after promising signs at the end of last year.
“The big upside is that a good hole, if the system carries copper – 1 per cent copper or better – then it’s potentially a $1bn uplift in value,” he says.
“The trick is that you’ve got to drill the hole and find it, and that can take some time and be expensive, and it’s pretty complicated.”
“Certainly it has big potential for a big upside, but at this stage it’s early stages and at the higher risk end of the scale.”
Moore is now back in Australia for a brief holiday as he waits for lab results from rock samples at other sites, and for the snow to clear so he can get back in the field.
“Hopefully it’s a fairly mild winter and we can get back into it in March or April,” he says.
“We’re looking forward to some exciting assay results hopefully.”
Peter Moore in semi-final action against Fitzroy in 1981 at the MCG.

Peter Moore in semi-final action against Fitzroy in 1981 at the MCG.
Moore won’t die wondering. He never did as a footballer, famously booting five goals in a losing side in the 1977 Grand Final replay against North Melbourne, after kicking four for the Magpies in the draw the week before.
He also hated to lose. In the aftermath of the 1981 Grand Final, his fourth defeat on the game’s biggest stage with the Magpies, the Collingwood skipper threw away his runners-up medal.
This year, in a sign of his determination to go for gold, Moore is planning to move permanently to Nevada.
The downside, of course, is that living on the other side of the world is not particularly conducive to being a Collingwood supporter.
But the time difference has not stopped Moore keeping up with the Magpies and the exploits of his star son Darcy who, like his father, wears the number 30 on his back.
Late at night in Nevada, Moore tunes in on the AFL app to monitor the progress of the 126-game All-Australian backman.
“I obviously like to go and see Darcy play … but I’ve managed to see most games,” he says.
“The next few years, I’ll probably miss a few games but I can still keep in touch with it.”
Darcy Moore with dad Peter after the 2014 AFL draft. Picture: Stephen Harman

Darcy Moore with dad Peter after the 2014 AFL draft. Picture: Stephen Harman
His 26-year-old son is also following in his footsteps off the field, having completed a Bachelor of Commerce at the University of Melbourne in between his football commitments.
“I said to Darcy, and I say to a lot of the young boys, that it’s really an athletic scholarship – you’ve got time to study and you should use it,” Moore says.
“Not everybody is oriented towards education and academic studies, but if you are, it’s not a bad opportunity to get yourself a degree or two.”
Collingwood's Darcy Moore with his father Peter Moore during a Collingwood closed captain’s run at the SCG last September. Picture: Phil Hillyard

Collingwood's Darcy Moore with his father Peter Moore during a Collingwood closed captain’s run at the SCG last September. Picture: Phil Hillyard
Darcy is now in the midst of his second degree – a Masters in International Relations – although his father is not sure what post-football career he has in mind just yet.
“Mostly Darcy does what he wants to do, so I’m sure he’ll figure out what his direction is going to be,” Moore says.
“He might turn up at the UN or something … He does like study, and he’s using the opportunity while he’s playing footy to get a good education.”
“It’s a good way to break from footy. It gets pretty intense so it’s a good way to focus on other things. You go to uni and nobody knows who you are.”
It’s sage advice because, as Moore knows as well as anyone, the footy rainbow eventually must come to an end. The question is whether there is still a pot of gold to be found.

Smart Savers Newsletter​

I’ve often wondered what Darc’s thought are on his dad being in mining. It’s pretty ‘off-brand’ for him.

Got rid of brownlow medalist Mitchell for a packet of chips and now looking at c brown. Interesting list management.
I'm hearing Tom wasn't to fond of Sam the coach and vice versa. For being played out of his natural position.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back