What are you listening to right now? Pt VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Creedence.jpg

Absolutely blasting all my favorite CCR tracks in amazing 24-192 HD quality.

So happy the nice weather's arrived! I'm just kicking back with some icy cold beers and listening to my favorite band.

Good times.

Nearly finished my CCR playlist though. What should I listen to next? I'm thinking either some Hendrix or The Doors...

Last edited:

One of my all time favorite songs from my favorite movie as a teenager (when I was getting really stoned all the time...)

For years I could never find the full version of this song which plays during the ending credits to the movie.

Can't say I'm familiar with any other songs from Foghat though.

rory-cochrane-dazed-and-confused.jpg

One can't start listening to the soundtrack for Dazed & Confused and stop before getting to the only good Ted Nugent song 'Stranglehold', the only song that plays multiple times in the movie. Slow Ride and Stranglehold are the 2 defining songs of Dazed & Confused.

P2_original.jpg

I first heard this in Rob Zombie's The Devil's Reject's (2005)

Rob always has a very unique soundtrack to his movies. There's always a few classic 70s songs like this one on the soundtrack.

devils-rejects-2.jpg

The first song that plays as our merry band of misfits escapes during the opening sequence of The Devil's Rejects (2005)

My Mum is a huge fan of the Allman Brothers. I only like Midnight Rambler and Whipping Post. Don't care for anything else I've heard from them. Greg Allman did once play a really good bad guy in the movie Rush (1991). That's about the extent of my knowledge of the band lol.

The-set-of-The-Devil-s-Rejects-rob-zombie-209656_500_332.jpg

Everyone and their dog knows Iron Butterfly's In A Gadda Da Vida.

One of my old man's favorite album's was Iron Butterfly's Metamorphosis (1970) which he said I should give a spin sometime. Decent album but I only listened to it all the way through a couple of times. This song however, Shady Lady , has become one of my favorite songs and gets regular play on my MP3 player (f*ck iPods and f*ck iTunes and Spotify eating up my data).

http%3A%2F%2Fres.cloudinary.com%2Fdm1lthkbw%2Fimage%2Fupload%2Fv1469649957%2FmemberUploads%2Fspencerschwartz-892ec9b0-c7d4-49d4-b07e-68f8b851eddf.jpg

My old man loves Santana. I've been listening to his music for many years now thanks to him.

Anyone who's seen The Big Lebowski (and if you haven't WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU!?!?!?!?!?) remembers this song playing as the Dude, Walter and Donny are driving in The Dude's busted up car after Walter smashed up the Ferrari that did not in fact belong to Little Larry and the Dude in turn got his car smashed up.

latest

After Hendrix, Santana was the next best thing at Woodstock. Soul Sanction absolutely blew the crowd away.

Stevie Ray Vaughan Live At the El Mocambo is easily one of the greatest live shows of all time. One really shouldn't listen to any song from this in isolation, but tonight I'm making an exception. One of my favorite songs. Gone too soon. The whole performance is up on YouTube. A must watch if you haven't already.

STEVIE_RAY_VAUGHAN_LIVE%2BAT%2BTHE%2BEL%2BMOCAMBO-26929.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like I've said this just about every time, but again, The Sweet is one of my all time favorite bands. I grew up on Glam Rock music which my Mum and my Uncle absolutely loved. I used to watch these Glam Rock compilation tapes just about every weekend since I was like 5 for several years. I grew up with The Sweet, Gary Glitter, Alice Cooper, Slade, Suzi Quatro etc...

The Sweet were probably my favorite of all the Glam Rock bands though. Blockbuster, Teenage Rampage, Ballroom Blitz, Fox On The Run etc...

Years later I finally listened to more of their songs after seeing a great documentary on the band where Andy Scott talked about how good of a drummer Mick Tucker was which he said was exemplified on the song The Man With The Golden Arm where Mick delivers a several minute long face melting drum solo in the middle of the song.

The Sweet were a really good underrated band that record company executives meddled with to produce radio friendly pop hits (which were really f*cking good) but were capable of more and never really had the chance to showcase such as the band imploded not long after their decent little run in the mid 70s.

sweet1.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back