What do you spend your money on?

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
Just saw a side ad for a vacuum cleaner and it was 369 euros(about 500 Aud) and got me thinking that it's a lot of money for a vacuum and why are they so expensive?

Most of my money is spent on wine, beer, vodka, cigarettes, restaurants. I save alot but dont really have expenses apart from the above.

Take your bills out of the equation and where do you spend your spare cash?

Gough likes cricket collectibles, Xtreme likes garish costumes to parade through the streets, I like booze and drugs.

What's your thing?

Flights to Melbourne for the footy.
Coffee
Home Renos

Just saw a side ad for a vacuum cleaner and it was 369 euros(about 500 Aud) and got me thinking that it's a lot of money for a vacuum and why are they so expensive?

Most of my money is spent on wine, beer, vodka, cigarettes, restaurants. I save alot but dont really have expenses apart from the above.

Take your bills out of the equation and where do you spend your spare cash?

Gough likes cricket collectibles, Xtreme likes garish costumes to parade through the streets, I like booze and drugs.

What's your thing?
I like those last two things you mentioned as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boring and direct-debited/annual once offs: home loan, house insurance, council rates, car rego, car insurance, phone, internet, power, water, gas.

Boring as needs: petrol (well, diesel), Smartrider (WA Myki which works), general food and groceries.

The rest: I have a Foxtel connection to watch sport, I buy my lunch almost every day at work, I play social sports (usually only $10 pp a game), I go out for dinner a bit, I do DIY projects at home, I go on interstate and overseas holidays, I buy duty free rum and have enough for a very rainy day, I buy clothes when I need them. In the last 6 months I've bought a good set of knives and a good coffee machine for the first time.

Really I just save all my disposable income and put it into my offset account. If I earn say an even $1000 a week and all the essential stuff takes up $750 of that then I don't make a point of finding things to spend the remaining $250 on, nor do I make a point of not spending any of it. I'd rather just spend what I need as I go then keep the extra up my sleeve for trips, major purchases etc.

tumblr_nmnmoiYL2n1rk8ueyo1_500.jpg

I wish.

It's mostly boring stuff like groceries, bills, petrol etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back