What emotions did you have post game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Found it extremely hard to enjoy the final quarter. Such a nail biting experience, but absolutely lost my s**t when petrie kicked those 2 back to back.

Unreal experience, my first finals win witnessed live.. I love it.

Pure joy.

Pure elation. When Drew kicked his second I looked up and gave my dearly departed North supporting dad an imaginary hug while fist pumping the air and screaming until veins broke the surface on my forehead. After the game I high-fived the supporters around me and then walked back to the car beaming the biggest smile I have shown in months, my badly wounded knee barely even giving me an ounce of grief such was the flow of adrenalin surging through my body. Thought back to some great finals victories and have to say that was the best I can remember. Out on our feet. No run. Then BANG the shinboner spirit rose from the ashes phoenix style and smout the team I loathe most. BRING ON THE UMPIRE-ASSISTED CATS!!!
Great post!!:thumbsu:

It's been hard at times to keep my 2 daughters (12&9) interested in North over the past few years as we've been pretty average etc. I drag them along 3-4 times a year. Me and my son who is 10 never miss a game, he doesn't need any 'convincing' to attend. He's fanatical. But last night seeing my 2 girls scream and shout and join in the bedlam in the last qtr with the North faithfull was an incredible feeling for me. All 4 of us just had a massive group hug and were jumping up and down like crazy after Petrie's 2nd goal. They can't wait till next Friday. We managed to get into the rooms afterwards and they were so wrapped to see what it's all about in there.
When I got home and was watching the last qtr I thought back to our loss to Adelaide last year. It was the worst and as low as I ever felt as a North fan. Last nights win was the best I have felt since the 96 GF. I shed a few quiet tears at the contrast.

Great thread and terrific stories of how everyone felt.

The crowd in M14 was off their head for the whole last 15 mins. After so much rough luck over the journey it was magical watching everything come together for once.

After the game I stayed in the MCC till 12.20am when they shut the bar. Really did not want to leave the ground - like you'd feel after a flag I guess.

Got the streamers and poster up in the front window of the house this morning. I probably wouldn't have bothered except my lovely Collingwood-supporting mother-in-law bought it all for me - when I dropped the kids to her on Saturday for the sleepover she even had blue and white streamers up around her own house. The phone keeps buzzing with texts from just about everyone I've ever met. It feels so good to just get that one win. Must be 1999 since we won in the first week of a finals series?

Relief & ecstasy and I do admit to shedding a tear out of pure joy and the uncontrollable happiness of the win after all the stress and nervousness of the week.

Sharing hugs with those closest to you, kisses, hi-fives, random bear-hugs.
s**t I better stop before....nup too late! That win was just about everything I could hope for! :D

I just felt relief - could not have copped loosing to that mob and their supporters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

M14 was going off. Just stood on the seat, thank god it supported me haha, and just belted out the song while clapping and cheering towards the Essendon crowd!! and nothing better then giving it to a Smarta** Essenond supported when he left 2 mins to go at the end of the game after giving it to our section all game!! that followed with a thumping headache!!

M14 was going off. Just stood on the seat, thank god it supported me haha, and just belted out the song while clapping and cheering towards the Essendon crowd!! and nothing better then giving it to a Smarta** Essenond supported when he left 2 mins to go at the end of the game after giving it to our section all game!! that followed with a thumping headache!!
I reckon I gave a few people a headache ;-) . Love seeing those arrogant flogs streaming out early...

Went to the game with my old man (been going to North games together since he could carry me on his shoulders) and two best mates who've begun barracking for North this year.

After screaming the HOUSE down from the front row of N56 - to the point that I was being patted on the back and celebrated from complete strangers in Royal blue from the rows behind me - and belting the song out at the top of my lung 5 times running the feeling was beyond euphoric.

To top off one of the best nights of my life, Mr Wells was walking around the fence where the * cheer squad had recently vacated and was handshaking and kissing babies like a true champion and I turned to my best mate and said "Mate that's North Melbourne in a nutshell right there, even when we bury our mortal enemies in an elimination final on the biggest stage, even our most lauded players are just so humble and appreciative of the fans".

At this point my appreciation for his monumental effort and resulting performance peaked, "YOU'RE AN ABSOLUTE SUPER-STAR DANIEL!!!" I screamed down to him as he walked back through the goal-square. The man must have bionic ears as he clearly heard me, turned to face us, scanned the second level to see where it came from and saw the four of us pointing down at him. He raised his arm and pointed right back at us, turned his pointing finger into a nodding thumbs up, and then into several over-the-head claps of appreciation.

Could've died the happiest man alive right then and there.

Did anyone in M14 spot the guy who was celebrating by raising one arm and doing an "air syringe" motion into his forearm towards anyone in black and red. Thinking it may have been one of us.

Did anyone in M14 spot the guy who was celebrating by raising one arm and doing an "air syringe" motion into his forearm towards anyone in black and red. Thinking it may have been one of us.
Haha I was in M14 but I missed this.

Really got into the first scumfan to take to the aisles. Such a party atmosphere in M14.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back