Analysis What is it with Eddie and plans?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Eddie must have trouble sleeping, his mad plan to have North as the Tassie team is just that. MAD! Tasmanians want their own team, with their own colours, their own history that is 160 years old and nothing to do with a Victorian club whatsoever. It's either that or nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a fatter, poorer Elon Musk.

You still got that double sided coin , Chief ?

hjsKUG.png

Yes, Eddie is a pitiful clown, but this is an example of a lack of awareness that many people display: they think relocation should happen based on how certain clubs are performing on the field, assuming they're a basket case off the field, when that isn't the case. North are financially stable and debt-free, unlike Fitzroy which owed large amounts of money to creditors. A bad period on the field is no reason in itself to steal a club from its supporters.

I think Eddie must have trouble sleeping, his mad plan to have North as the Tassie team is just that. MAD! Tasmanians want their own team, with their own colours, their own history that is 160 years old and nothing to do with a Victorian club whatsoever. It's either that or nothing.

I don't get why this is so hard to understand.

He has to come up with discussion points for Footy Classified, it gets people talking. And while he used North Melbourne as the example he did explain any struggling Victorian club could seek such an arrangement.

He has to come up with discussion points for Footy Classified, it gets people talking. And while he used North Melbourne as the example he did explain any struggling Victorian club could seek such an arrangement.
Also brought up he’d be all for zones again. Love to see the annual WC v Geelong grand final even with a 0% win rate against them.

Even with my Collingwood beanie on, I am happy he left Collingwood and feel he probably should have left around 6 to 8 years earlier …

… however, we do need people in our society who come up with ideas and a vision.

They get totally smashed down by those of us who think things were better in 1986 and please stop wanting to change things Grrrrr.

And IMO, many of the ideas that such people come up with are daft. Or maybe even an idea gets implemented and is proven with the benefit of hindsight to be a daft one …

… but not every idea needs to be a winner. Without these people we’d still be living in 1986. Without these people we wouldn’t be discussing or considering the possibilities.

Plus not everything Ed suggests he is seriously advocating for. Sometimes he is starting a conversation or pulling strings.

For example, it’s no coincidence that shortly after Ed floated his “$1 Billion stadium next to the MCG” idea, that the AFL acquired what was then Etihad stadium for a good price.

Eddie is an interesting cat. He got where he was being an interesting cat. Did extremely well mostly, and fell on his face badly a couple of times, a sort of successful yet flawed idiot savant. Not a bad guy, just one who speaks from a bias heart, but with no malice actually meant.

He is one of the very few in that world I'd cut a break on his brain farts, although a bit much of that hasn't served him well either.

Even with my Collingwood beanie on, I am happy he left Collingwood and feel he probably should have left around 6 to 8 years earlier …

… however, we do need people in our society who come up with ideas and a vision.

They get totally smashed down by those of us who think things were better in 1986 and please stop wanting to change things Grrrrr.

And IMO, many of the ideas that such people come up with are daft. Or maybe even an idea gets implemented and is proven with the benefit of hindsight to be a daft one …

… but not every idea needs to be a winner. Without these people we’d still be living in 1986. Without these people we wouldn’t be discussing or considering the possibilities.
Some ideas are just straight up disrespectful though. If I seriously advocated for all redheads to be shunted off to a concentration camp in the Nullarbor, do you think that would go down well with people, especially redheads? But it's an idea and a vision.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back