Roast What the heck is this? 12 Days of Crows Christmas promo

Remove this Banner Ad

I just listened to it for the first time after watching the first half yesterday.

My emotions fluctuated more than the keys she was singing in. Shock. Shame. Anger. Hilarity. Picturing how hot the singer is when she "sings" 5 Eddie goals. Acceptance.

Ok, having a more in-depth listen now :oops:

She literally fluctuated between 3 different keys in the first 3 verses. PrideOf could back me up here, I'm guessing? Amateur hour for sure :(

Yep. Three keys. G, G flat, and G even flatter.

I played this for my kids. Their response was: "did Port Power put this out to try and make us look bad?"

No kids. We did a good enough job of that ourselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This video gives me flashbacks to the Tippett sanctions. To quote Cmndstab 'I could kill a child'. I had thought that I was winning my battle with depression and social anxiety, but this video has made question that, it has made me question the point of my life. I have seen some horrible, disturbing s**t, but this is objectively the worst thing I have ever seen, and that is struggling to be hyperbole. I cringed so much watching this that my head is now permanently wedged within my torso, I have no neck, and I have never played Rugby. Shame on you Adelaide Football Club.

Is obviously hyperbole
Hey it inspired your ripping response............so was worth the pain!

They say every cloud has a silver lining. Out of the train wreck that is this video has emerged perhaps the greatest thread of 2015. Never before have I used the like button so liberally.

We start with a much deserved dig at Phil the walking, talking insomniac cure Harper:
Harper went rogue.

Wright Away captured the majority video reaction perfectly:
To quote Cmndstab 'I could kill a child'.

Rippa calling out the North Korean Crows media department:
Negative comments on the YouTube video were deleted...how about instead delete the video and pretend it never existed, AFC?

Spackler decided sarcasm would be the best form of defence, but must have known not even cynical humour can make this better.
I know Port fans have been laughing at the Christmas video but I think there is a strong element of jealousy going on.

Captain obvious award goes to Kristof:
She really can't sing.

1990Crow has a dig at a Port intruder:
Why are you here?

(In fairness, 1990crow, if Port released this absolute abomination we'd all be over there, too.)

Sangiuinarius asks the salient questions we all know will never be answered. Along with "Why is Phil Harper still on the payroll?" and "About that logo..." Ah, forget it.
I didn't make it past day two.

What the actual **** is this...

Who approved this?
Who oversaw this?

And then who decided that it should be released?

Hemi captured exactly what I was thinking. That this absolute embarrassment was crafted, produced and sung by Katrina Gill. Katrina, apologies if it's not you, but you do have form:
What was that? and did they skip a professional singer and stick Katrina Gill in to blast out some notes?

And what would a bad singing thread be without a Meat Loaf reference? Even if the Crows Christmas video made Meatloaf's GF performance sound like Sinatra:
It was downright deplorable. Made me singing Evie in a karaoke bar sound like Meat Loaf singing at a grand final except I wouldn't run out of breath.

Some posters, amazingly, even tried to defend the indefensible:
You lot are acting like they have put this on TV as a membership commercial, or are playing it after every goal at Adelaide Oval. It's just a shitty youtube video made by the media team after probably being told to make some Christmas videos.

That doesn't make it right Pdub.

Knobby proves he's either tone deaf, blind or both:
I actually like it

StonesThrow touches on how hard it is starting to get just telling people you support this club:
I think people are annoyed/embarrassed because things like this create an image of a club they love and pay money to be a member of.

PrideOf elegantly assuages the detractors with a beautiful Spackler-esque assessment of Gill et al's musical prowess:
To all you haters out there, listen up.

As a musician, I can tell you just how hard it is to sing in the key of G, then G-flat, then F - all in the same verse.

But this clip has pulled that off. So back off.

Below is the gif of the year. By miles. Kids, if there's a gun in your house, PLEASE do not let anybody listen to the Crows Christmas song:
Holy s**t that is bad. Just listening to that is like
9T1kgIr.gif

PrideOf again, pointing out, quite accurately, that children are more perceptive than our media department:
I played this for my kids. Their response was: "did Port Power put this out to try and make us look bad?"

And sometimes, you just have to save the simple, most salient assessments for last:
What a piece of s**t.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back