what time do artists usually arrive at venues?

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 17, 2006
???
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Miami Dolphins(NFL)
ill be heading to a concert next month, and intend on getting the autograph of the artist, I am wondering if anyone does the whole waiting backstage thing and could give an average of how long before the show the artist usually arrives.

usually i wouldnt bother, however, this particular artist's music got me though a very tough time, and i intend on meeting her, haha

any help would be greatful guys

thanks

Well normally they will fly in around 1pm, they go to the hotel for an hour, then to sound check, which will normally be between 4pm and 6pm. They will then hang around the venue until 7pm or so, then bail to get dinner and be back around 9.30/10pm.

The Artist is Taylor Swift. whilst hugely popular in the USA (highest selling album of 2008) she is fairly unpopular here, performing at the billboard in russel st.

show starts at 7 also...

Just because her music includes an acoustic guitar, and a slide guitarist playing a Telecaster, does not mean it's country music.

Just because her music includes an acoustic guitar, and a slide guitarist playing a Telecaster, does not mean it's country music.

i agree, however, her vocal work boarders between country and pop.

These days there isnt any true country music, it is mainly bastardised version of pop, but i still love it anyway

The Artist is Taylor Swift. whilst hugely popular in the USA (highest selling album of 2008) she is fairly unpopular here, performing at the billboard in russel st.

show starts at 7 also...

I suggest you contact the publicist handling the tour and see if you can arrange to meet her... it could be very good publicity for her while she is in Aus.

I am with the shadow on this one. Get in touch with the venue, and the company that is putting on the concert. Explain how much of a fan you are - the worst they can say is know. Obviously for big artists, getting anywhere near them (besides a meet and greet) is impossible. The smaller crowd and venue might work in your favour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

show starts at 7 also...

I wouldn't say a song that I hear every bloody time I go to work at least once on the radio and now I have a look on the aria charts pretty high on both the single and album charts, as "fairly unpopular." Her popularity, while a bit slow to bloom after the US, is now massive.

Since she is popular your chance of getting an autograph unless you can organise it with the publicist somehow or unless she has an in-store appearance somewhere in Melbourne she'll be hard to track down.

She clocked up over 4 million album sales in the US last year. Was nominated for the best new artist Grammy (beaten by Amy Winehouse) - she's a superstar over there.

Here's a photo from the show tonight.
488727633_3CsGz-L.jpg

More can be seen here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back