What to do with Stephenson

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry I been away stranded over seas for a while ... jaidyn is fine guy and in peak fitness .. just took a bit to recover from his glandular fever and Collingwood wouldn’t play him till he’s 100% which he is now... do t listen to rumours ... and what’s this people are saying he could get traded ... HAHAHAHA DONT MAKE ME LAUGH... he ain’t going anywhere ... loves it there and they love him ... he will be selected this week after a food game against tigers this time last week
Good on you Scottie. Knew you wouldn’t let us down.

Sorry I been away stranded over seas for a while ... jaidyn is fine guy and in peak fitness .. just took a bit to recover from his glandular fever and Collingwood wouldn’t play him till he’s 100% which he is now... do t listen to rumours ... and what’s this people are saying he could get traded ... HAHAHAHA DONT MAKE ME LAUGH... he ain’t going anywhere ... loves it there and they love him ... he will be selected this week after a food game against tigers this time last week
If you've brought COVID back with you be sure to visit Carlton and Richmond. Seriously though, thanks for the updates, it's rare that we outsiders have any sort of connection.

Jaidyn is fine .. he copped a cookie last week and a pretty bad one at training ... will return shortly .. proberbly next week

They why did the Club say he was Dropped when he had a Corkie?

Jaidyn is fine .. he copped a cookie last week and a pretty bad one at training ... will return shortly .. proberbly next week
Cheers Scottie, was beginning to think you’d never post here again given some of the s**t that’s been posted. If it’s not off limits, can you tell us if Jaidyn is still feeling the effects of his glandular fever from early in the year? He’s seemed a bit lethargic on field recently compared to the manic running/pressure we saw from him in 2018/19.

hmm didn't he play in the scratch match yesterday and kick 2 goals?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Respect Scottie65 and his updates. Just find it a bit strange he'd still play 2 scratch matches.

The last one was coming off the multiple 4 day breaks which included Perth -> Brisbane -> Adelaide, and then he backed up in the scratch match a few days after. You would have thought if there was any sort of injury...particularly coming off Glandular fever in the off-season, that they just would've rest him.

Now again he plays a scratch match when he has a corkie that is so bad it would prevent him from playing seniors.

Something still doesn't feel quite right to me. I hope I'm reading too far into it.

Unlike many on this board, I'm still super confident in his long term ability at the club. Reckon he has so much upside, and a full pre-season will do him the world of good. I think we forget how bloody good he was in his debut year, and then the first half of 2019.

FWIW, I think we ruined his season this year when we decided that the 2 goals a game he was kicking in the first quarter was not sufficient and he needed to find more of the ball. In a side that barely kicks any goals, that 2 goals a game head-start he was giving us cannot be underestimated. It's far more valuable than JT or Maynes 5-10 disposals a game and 0 goals. Even in his last game, he only had 4 possies but kicked 2 opportunistic goals and palmed a ball down to Ruscoe. 4 disposals for 3 score involvements! That's enough for me.

Cheers Scottie, was beginning to think you’d never post here again given some of the sh*t that’s been posted. If it’s not off limits, can you tell us if Jaidyn is still feeling the effects of his glandular fever from early in the year? He’s seemed a bit lethargic on field recently compared to the manic running/pressure we saw from him in 2018/19.
Not from what I know ... he seems the chirpy jaidyn I’ve always known ...

Get him outside forward 50 and let him run. You can't just park him inside 50 and expect him to do something when the ball's not in there. We should be maximizing his talent by giving him a run on the wing and half back. Constantly rotating our wings/small forwards will also give us a different look up forward and keep those players involved in the game.

We just kicked 10 goals in one of our highest scoring games for the year.

This bloke kicks goals and scares the life out of defenders / wreakes havoc.

I don't care if he's out of sorts and finding form if he's still kicking goals in those down performances, which he is.

Varcoe and Cal Brown get consistently picked whilst offering nothing, without the goals and without creating the matchup headaches that Jaidyn does.

It's different standards for more talented players, which is ridiculous. You pick your best team, especially when you're so decimated and lacking in X factor and talent. He has that in spades, which is why he kicks goals even in bad performances.

He just needs to play.

Bizarre why they'd let him run around in the 2nds then.

If I recall correctly it’s 12 a side, right? So would the stress not be lower.

Not to mention if he hadn’t been able to train after having been dropped / managed / whatever, I can’t imagine his fitness would be too hot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back