Opinion Whateley - pushing shortened quarters?

Quarter length?

• 16 minutes

Votes: 20 5.1%
  • 20 minutes

Votes: 372 94.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So is the logic better for TV if crowds can’t go and we need to make up for shortfall in cash somewhere?

If so that kinda makes sense.
Yeah that was the reasoning behind it, but if vaccines are beginning to be rolled out in late Jan you'd think they could recover the cash towards the end of the season, particularly with the demand that there will be for every game

I’ve never been less interested in this boring, low scoring footy “frenzy”.

I’m in Victoria and I can still find better things to do than watch this tripe on a Wednesday night.

The AFL could not be more out of touch. I’m not even angry, just really disappointed.

bring back 20 minute quarters and weekend footy, please don’t ruin the fabric of this game for good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard that absolute utensil Chris Judd in the radio last week pushing for it too. He said we’re the only sport in the world lengthening the game.

It’s not lengthening, you moron. It would just going back to the regular format.
Well Judd is quite the dunce to be honest. Great footballer, Rhodes Scholar he ain’t.

Did anyone actually believe the AFL when they said this was a one year thing? Anyone? Anyone at all?

Yeah, and I still believe it will go back to 20 eventually. Remember this thread was started because of the media push which was at odds with 95% of the supporter base. After a few games even those within the media who were pushing for it realised how horrible it was as a spectacle and realised 20 is and was the correct way to go moving forward.

If we change to a different game length we cancel the history of the longest running league in the world.

We can no longer compare a Titus or Coleman or Diesel or others.

Game record scores become frozen forever and your team can never exceed or erase them.

Statistics and scores only mean something on a level playing field.

Absolutely not, scoring has been way too low this year.

If COVID is still around/threatening outbreaks at the start of next season I could live with that (purely for contingencies sake if hubs or condensed fixtures are required) but long term, no way.

Back