Whats going on with the China game?

Remove this Banner Ad

A couple of questions need to be asked.
1. What ground will be used and how far along is the preparation for this ground?
2. What AFL team has accepted the conditions imposed by the AFL/PAFC?
3. What is the level of development of the game in China pre-Gui and post-Gui?
4. Is there a link between this delay of the game and the non-sale of Kidman Property to Gui?

YesMelbourne did some groundwork but it is a totally different approach by Port. Melbourne wanted instant results. It doesn't work that way. Port have gone in more intelligently and the CCTV deal is a massive bonus.
I thought the whole "Port just do everything better than Melbourne" argument died with Jimmy Toumpas's career.

I thought the whole "Port just do everything better than Melbourne" argument died with Jimmy Toumpas's career.
Nope, this is in a different league altogether and Port are taking a different approach to what Melbourne did. I'm sure Adelaide won't knock back any spoils offered by the the AFL if the China strategy is a success, though, for all the mocking, especially in tv rights $$$$$$. By the way, Melbourne did surprisingly well with Bernie Vince, didn't they. Going to be a good team.

Nope, this is in a different league altogether and Port are taking a different approach to what Melbourne did. I'm sure Adelaide won't knock back any spoils offered by the the AFL if the China strategy is a success, though, for all the mocking, especially in tv rights $$$$$$. By the way, Melbourne did surprisingly well with Bernie Vince, didn't they. Going to be a good team.
We're okay for cash, thanks for asking though.

Melbourne are a crows fans second team with Bernard and Goody

Vince's last year was almost as good as 2009.

I reckon the big problem is going to be finding a stadium or oval suitable for the game. As yet I don't think they've found anywhere and nothing is jumping at them.

China have very different standards to pitches.

Manchester City were meant to play Manchester United in a pre-season match there but got cancelled coz both teams were unhappy with the pitch.

It is well-known that they cut corners with regards to maintaining grounds. The AFL won't have a bar of this, it would be a horrible look if players started getting injured due to the quality of the field, enough to make teams rethink twice about playing there in future.

I wish Port luck but the whole thing is a logistical nightmare.

That's a pretty tough thing to admit to :)
Well you know we here at Port just want to , just want to be seen as more than little brother, we see ourselves as big brother , even though we were born after, but really , but really our history is one of many challenges and uh our history is a long and proud one of the Port Adelaide area, but we see the strategic reality that we can no longer be known by our postcode 5015. We are bigger than that and our postcode will be the worlds postcode and we at Port Adelaide look to do big things.

A couple of questions need to be asked.
1. What ground will be used and how far along is the preparation for this ground?
2. What AFL team has accepted the conditions imposed by the AFL/PAFC?
3. What is the level of development of the game in China pre-Gui and post-Gui?
4. Is there a link between this delay of the game and the non-sale of Kidman Property to Gui?
1. You will find answer on AFL site
2. You will find answer on AFL site
3. Google will help you here
4. http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...y/news-story/19d9285ee767e15a60c2427859a103bd
Mining magnate Gina Rinehart is poised to enter the race for the S. Kidman & Co pastoral empire, alongside Chinese conglomerate Shanghai CRED Real Estate, with a joint bid expected to top $300 million.
The billionaire’s entry into the sales process would be the first serious attempt by an Australian during the most recent battle over ownership of the giant cattle portfolio.
Shanghai CRED, controlled by Chinese billionaire Gui Guojie, was a major party in the consortium that was twice knocked back by Scott Morrison in its attempt to buy Kidman.
The Australian revealed last week that Shanghai CRED had split from Shanghai Pengxin, which had assembled the initial bidding consortium, and a third partner, Australian Rural Capital.
It is understood that under the deal being considered, Mrs Rinehart’s firm Hancock Prospecting would take a two-thirds stake in Kidman if the bid were successful, with Shanghai CRED taking the remaining third.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...y/news-story/19d9285ee767e15a60c2427859a103bd
One thing I do is a bit of research before asking questions ... and before I answer them .. maybe you should try that .....

Well you know we here at Port just want to , just want to be seen as more than little brother, we see ourselves as big brother , even though we were born after, but really , but really our history is one of many challenges and uh our history is a long and proud one of the Port Adelaide area, but we see the strategic reality that we can no longer be known by our postcode 5015. We are bigger than that and our postcode will be the worlds postcode and we at Port Adelaide look to do big things.
ha ha
If it was not for Port there would be no Crows ......... end of story .............

One thing I do is a bit of research before asking questions ... and before I answer them .. maybe you should try that .....
Ooh burn. I did look. Here is the AFL site using China as a search term. You would be happy with this due diligence right?

http://www.afl.com.au/search?query=...ToDisplay=10&sort=&pageIndexAll=1#results-all

Nothing on ground or playing partner. 1 and 2 shot down.

Yep 3 fair enough a long look would give me some generic answers. 4. The non-sale was based on the knockbacks by Morrison and not the Gina4China deal I was aware Gina was buying but not as a consortium. I will need to read deeper.

But my points stand. For a game originally proposed for 2017. You are once again happy this is correct? I would have thought there would be more announcements about the ground and how the preparations are coming along from the announcement king. He really cant help himself.

I swear it was announced the suns would be the opponent?
Gold Coast are kind of a last possible option sort of deal. Problem is, no one is going to give up a home game to play in China...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meh. MElbourne tried this approach years ago with little success. The club received a half decent sponsorship with China Southern airlines.

Kochie seems to think this is his brilliant new scheme.

Also big Max spewed on little Tommy, which is also China related.

It's not his scheme, it's some strange Chinese "businessman" who is pouring in millions.

Of course, we all wait to see what his true motives are.

Port suck and will probably lose the game. Same as St Kilda in NZ. No one likes following losers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back